2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (36251, bcalvanese, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, benkeys, apianostudent, 17 invisible), 2,123 guests, and 336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Teodor Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Not really, I am taking another 2-3 weeks, there is a makeup exam for those who wish to improve their grade or just weren't prepared the first time.

I only need to somehow get the 3rd movement together, 1st and 2nd are easy now but the 3rd is terrible.

If I fail to sit this exam however, I have to wait till September and pay money to do it yet another time.

Last edited by Teodor; 06/05/13 03:45 AM.

[Linked Image]
Recitals:[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Teodor Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
I am happy to inform that I just passed my exam. This turned into a sonata in 2 months but I couldn't learn the last two pages of the 3rd movement in time.

At home with no distractions I play mostly good but at the exam it was difficult to concentrate. The examination board consisted of only two professors this time and I have worked with both so that wasn't the issue. But the lack of time to prepare resulted in lack of confidence. (2 months is still not enough for a beginner pianist to master anything of the scale of a sonata)

I have a B. Which makes me happy because there is room for improvement for next year and I know I did not practice hard at all during those two months, so I am not surprised that I did badly. There were days when I did not play or barely played at all.

Something that made it way worse was that the phone of one of the examiners rang and she answered it right when I was playing. I think that's unacceptable but what do I know I am just a student. Also they asked me to stop in the middle of the second movement right at the best part because they wanted to hear the 3rd movement. That was just stupid. I guess I'll have to play it in a recital next year if I want someone to hear it completely.

All the other pianists were playing advanced repertoire and none of them seemed to be having trouble but it always seems that all is ok when listening to a piece you are not completely familiar with, especially complex ones.

On to the next great adventure with more piano and chamber music next semester. smile

Last edited by Teodor; 06/25/13 02:19 PM.

[Linked Image]
Recitals:[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Silver Supporter until Jan 11 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 11 2012
1000 Post Club Member
Good for you, Teodor! And I think your "room to grow" attitude about your B grade is exactly the point of view which builds healthy motivation. So congratulations on all counts!

Please step aside. You're standing in your own way.
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Congrats!

Doing phone calls in the middle of your exam, that's weird indeed. Maybe she thought that the part you were playing at that moment was not critical to evaluate you and that you should be able to cope with distractins.

Regarding skipping, I think that's not uncommon. They need to assess you and they probably want to hear certain parts they know that are hard. I guess the third part is harder than that middle of 2nd movement?

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission