2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (bcalvanese, 20/20 Vision, booms, Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 11 invisible), 1,928 guests, and 267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
I found a photo of a Pianocorder Vorsetzer...

[Linked Image]

There isn't really anything secretive about this, but it wasn't sold in great numbers, and it hasn't been on the market since 1987. I am pretty sure Piano World member grandpianoman still owns one of these. Maybe he can relate his experiences with it.

M
M
Originally posted by reb:
Matt,

Glad to try it out for you. I can try to record it for you if I can figure out how to do it.

You are right about lowering the solenoids, as with mine, some just touch the keys and some are not quite there. They can be adjusted indivually but I haven't bothered with it as yet. Either way, I think some felt would improve things a bit.

By the way, I noticed in another thread, the price was given as $4000. I'll have to check for sure but I think I paid a little less and I hope (suspect) that the dealer made a profit as well.

I'll try it this weekend.

Bob
Great, thanks so much bob- I look forward to maybe hearing some recordings smile

I have contacted QRS in USA, and they think the price is around $3000 + $1000 shipping to UK.

I contacted QRS Europe, and they seem to think the price is around $8000, but they don't seem 100% sure and keep saying they'll get back to me. So far, I've been emailing them and waiting some time, and neither US or Holland departments have managed to come back to me with answers to my questions. They either just don't reply, or answer the first question and leave the rest unanswered.

I'm thinking about just taking a trip to QRS in holland to get this all sorted in person, because trying to get them to give me any in depth info or sell me this item over the phone/email is proving to be quite a challenge!

But bob, so far you've been a great help, thanks smile

M
M
Originally posted by Mark Fontana:
I found a photo of a Pianocorder Vorsetzer...

[Linked Image]

There isn't really anything secretive about this, but it wasn't sold in great numbers, and it hasn't been on the market since 1987. I am pretty sure Piano World member grandpianoman still owns one of these. Maybe he can relate his experiences with it.
Thanks for that Mark- interesting! It does look a little big for my portable needs smile

R
reb Offline
R
There is another robot player piano system out there at Logosfoundation.org/instrum_gwr/playerpiano.html.

They seem to have lots of specks about building your own player. I looked at them a couple of years ago but would take too much time for me.

M
M
Thanks for that link. I saw a Trimpin concert using that system back in the late 1990s and it was quite an experience!

M
M
Matt,

Glad to try it out for you. I can try to record it for you if I can figure out how to do it.

You are right about lowering the solenoids, as with mine, some just touch the keys and some are not quite there. They can be adjusted indivually but I haven't bothered with it as yet. Either way, I think some felt would improve things a bit.

By the way, I noticed in another thread, the price was given as $4000. I'll have to check for sure but I think I paid a little less and I hope (suspect) that the dealer made a profit as well.

I'll try it this weekend.

Bob
Hey bob, just wondering... did you try it out this weekend? smile

R
reb Offline
R
Matt,
I was able to check out the noise on the playola systems. When I lift the rail off the keys, There is some noise as the solenoids move. I had not noticed it before as the piano was also making noise. I tried to record this but I can't seem to capture it right. I think the best thing to do is to see one for yourself.

Bob

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Rod Verhnjak:
I have not heard one as of yet, but I have been looking for a used one for 3 years now.

Anyone have one they want to sell, PM me.
My search is over. I have found and purchased a slightly used Playola. It will be here in a few days smile

Verhnjak Pianos
Specializing in the Restoration, Refinishing & Maintenance
of Fine Heirloom Pianos

www.pianoman.ca
Verhnjak Pianos Facebook

R
reb Offline
R
Congrats Rod,

I will be curious what you think of it. Can you get it to play softly? I have trouble at low volumes.

Bob

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Bob,

I'll find out soon. I will be delivered on Wednesday.

I have never seen one in use. All I really need it to do is pound out my rebuilt pianos so I can stabilize the regulation like some factories do before delivery.

I hope it makes what I do, better,longer.

It will be fun to hear my pianos being played while I work.

I hope to put the unit on a timer overnight to play scales up and down for many hours. I don't want to be here for that.

Verhnjak Pianos
of Fine Heirloom Pianos

www.pianoman.ca
Verhnjak Pianos Facebook

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Congrats Rod,

I will be curious what you think of it. Can you get it to play softly? I have trouble at low volumes.

Bob
Well, in my opinion it is nothing like a built in unit. The pianos I tried it on sound like honky tonks. Not what I would expect from an expensive unit.
Since I did purchase it used I can't say if it works like it should since I have never seen one in use.

For the reasons I purchased it, it's fantastic.
(Break in new actions)
But if you want to record with it I don't think it would serve that purpose.

Those of you that have one have any suggestion on how to make it work better?

I have adjusted the height 3 different ways.
High,low and neutral. I would say neutral is what it is meant to be set at. Correct?

Can the solenoids be adjusted? Some seem to have more power than others and push the keys down further than others. Hence the honky tonk sound, I think.

Verhnjak Pianos
of Fine Heirloom Pianos

www.pianoman.ca
Verhnjak Pianos Facebook

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission