2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
39 members (Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, 10 invisible), 1,155 guests, and 318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Welcome to the General Discussion Room for the AB Forum “Beginners and Beyond” Recital #30!!!

Please use this room for any discussion of the pieces in Recital #30 that is taking place in the Main Recital Thread.

Discussions and replies can be posted at-will. Feel free to comment on any or all individual pieces. Some members offer comments on each submission individually; others offer general congratulations. Either approach is appropriate. Feel free to offer more specific, technical feedback if the participant had indicated that technical feedback was welcome.

For those who wish to comment on all pieces, a copy and paste template for offering feedback can be found here:

Recital #30 Response Template

Please use this thread only to discuss recital performances. If you have any comments or suggestions about ways to make the recital process better, please start a separate thread.

Enjoy the music! heart

H
H
I can't wait to listen to everyone's pieces!! Thanks to everyone.

Last edited by hotcat; 05/15/13 12:01 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'm pretty exhausted and have to go to bed, but made myself stay awake for one I've looked forward to for quite a while:

05. Saranoya - Piano Sonata 14 - Adagio Sostenuto (a.k.a. Moonlight Sonata - first movement)

Gorgeous. Melancholy. Chills, right from the start. Your Boston sounds wonderful. I think this performance is much much better than you realize. Thank you...

"...when you do practice properly, it seems to take no time at all. Just do it right five times or so, and then stop." -- JimF

Working on: my aversion to practicing in front of my wife

1978 Vose & Sons spinet "Rufus"
1914 Huntington upright "Mabel"

[Linked Image]XXIX-XXXII
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
I'll probably not finish up everything I want to do before I leave for my niece's college graduation, but here's a few:

1. jazzwee - Night in Tunisia Wow! More uptempo than I think I've heard before, and I think your melody had more "composition" to it - like you knew where you were coming from and where you going to. Way cool!

9. Sam S - PS, I Made This I like the Latin flavor - maybe the dancer was in a tall hat with lots of fruit on it smile I thought you did a nice job with the accents for dancing. The ending was great.

10. Peyton - Message from Space It wasn't as dark as I expected, but it had sense of vastness - big, millions of stars, infinity.

11. Andy Platt - Nocturne Very sensitively played, and great trills. This is a piece that will be with you forever.

12. Riddler - African Flower What a nice piece! I liked the contrast between the grounded bass and the fluttering-in-the-wind treble.

13. Monica K. - Two Trees I felt like it was very calming, but the ending seemed to look forward to more activeness, particularly several measures before the final ritard. Lovely.

16. Allard - Cristofori's Dream Ah, very relaxing. It's been a hard day and that took the tension right out.

17. Inlanding - Icy Patch I loved it! It was so cheery and upbeat, and the bass had some nice walking.

18. sinophilia - So in Love I was looking forward to this - and it was lovely! I thought you captured a nice dreamy mood.

23. Mohan Karthik - Greensleeves Beautifully played.

24. anthonyb - Discovery at Night You are still the consummate Einaudi interpreter. This had such delicacy, perfect phrasing, sometimes such wistfullness.

Thanks, everyone, for participating. The recitals are some of my favorite times of the year, and this one has been wonderful so far.

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
I listened to the first few pieces, and this time I promise I will make it to the end! My comments will be brief and incomplete, as there is only so much I can understand at this point.

02. jotur/Cathy Turner - G.I. Jive Loved it! Exactly the kind of music I'd like to play. Than I had a look at the sheet music... well, maybe in a few years wink
And thank you for your (too kind) comment.

03. wouter79 - Prelude, Op.32 No.12 This sounded incredibly difficult and there's not much I can say, except that I loved it.

04. ladypayne - Chim Chim Cheree This was wonderful! I think I've seen Mary Poppins at least 10 times, and I adore Julie Andrews. Being able to create one's own arrangement must feel great.

05. Saranoya - Piano Sonata 14 - Adagio Sostenuto (a.k.a. Moonlight Sonata - first movement) Extremely intense and great dynamics. You had the melody line emerge beautifully.

06. dannylux / Mel - Elgar: Salut d'Amour I did a simplified version of this in Alfred's book 2, this one sounded so much better! Uplifting!

08. CarlosCC - Joana's Secrets Lovely and so well-crafted!

09. Sam S - PS, I Made This ... Definitely put a smile on my face smile

10. Peyton - Message From Space: A Sad Passing Very evocative, I could listen to this for hours. Beautiful.

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
01. Jazzwee - Night in Tunisia There is nothing quite like a live performance! Fascinating to listen to how the band works together, intertwining sound and form, and of course the piano was my favourite part. I can't help but feel though, that this sort of music would have suited an evening listening better than a 9am one! I felt like I was in the right place, but at the wrong time!

02. jotur/Cathy Turner - G.I. Jive What great fun! I really enjoyed this. I thought I could hear elements of old favourites (hints of "Frankie and Johnny" for example), I loved the liveliness of this piece and the beginning is decidedly sexy! Your lunch sounds delicious I might add!

03. wouter79 - Prelude, Op.32 No.12 I listened to this before reading your comments. From listening I could tell that it had to be challenging, but your final result sounded so smooth that you made it seem effortless. That is a true accomplishment. I continue to marvel at the abilities you have developed in such a short time. My sincere compliments for a most enjoyable performance.

04. ladypayne - Chim Chim Cheree I had not realized until after listening that this was your own arrangement! Bravissima! It was cheery and a delight, and captured all the charm of this long-time favourite!

05. Saranoya - Piano Sonata 14 - Adagio Sostenuto (a.k.a. Moonlight Sonata - first movement) As with the other pieces, I listened before reading your notes. What is interesting is that I perceived the poignancy in your performance but felt that there where bursts of light and optimism. When I read your text - it wasn't what I had expected to read, but it confirmed my thoughts. In fact I had been planning to go back and check when you did the recording. As TallGuy said, I think you undervalue your performance. I thought your expression was deeply moving and is a most appropriate celebration of life and being able to fulfil our dreams.

06. dannylux / Mel - Elgar: Salut d'Amour Charming! Charming! I thoroughly enjoyed this gem. I pictured scenes of Paris, the Luxembourg Gardens, sunlight dappling through bright green leaves, 18thC ladies in long dresses with parasols....you really presented a mood and feeling with this performance. Compliments!

07. Jake S - Moonlight Sonata 1st Mvt (Op. 27 No.2) Wow, almost back-to-back Moonlight Sonatas. Not a problem though as this is a piece that I too can listen to over and over, and never tire of it. I found your performance presented a pensive, introspective scene, the sense of underlying pathos is clear. Beautifully played.

08. CarlosCC - Joana's Secrets What a wonderful composition Carlos! At first there is a lullaby quality to it, but as it progresses I thought of a young girl, growing up, on the edge of becoming a young woman - some wistfulness at what is being left behind, but anticipation of what is to come. It is clear to see the Einaudi influence on your work - but I will say in all honesty that Einaudi often bores me to tears --and on the contrary YOUR composition held my interest. Most enjoyable indeed!

09. Sam S - PS, I Made This ... Sam! This is indeed a change from your usual type of submission - but not a change in the quality of your performance. What fun! I could visualize the dancers with their brisk movements - I was tapping my toes and thinking of getting up to join them. I did NOT go to the link to hear the other version - no need, yours was perfectly delightful.

10. Peyton - Message From Space: A Sad Passing I am enjoying these intergalactic messages very much. I wonder if the Sad Passing here is in fact not a death but a loss of a different sort - someone who has lost their memories through age, or disease or someone who has lost their sight - or maybe a love who has been lost to another person rather than through death. I don't know but it was poignant and touching.

11. Andy Platt - Nocturne in Eb Major, Opus 9. No 2 Andy, the timing of this piece seems to be right - it is certainly flowing from your fingertips. This is one of my favourite Chopin pieces and I too would like to play it at some point. The floating delicacy of your trills and cascading melodies was wonderful - I was very caught up in your performance. I understand what you say about choosing a recording that is less "perfect" than others for the sake of the energy or emotion that is evident in the piece. This recording was a good choice. Bravo!

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

B

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by aTallGuyNH
05. Saranoya - Piano Sonata 14 - Adagio Sostenuto (a.k.a. Moonlight Sonata - first movement)

Gorgeous. Melancholy. Chills, right from the start. Your Boston sounds wonderful. I think this performance is much much better than you realize. Thank you...

Agreed with completely. This was a magnificent job that really conveyed the feelings you described in your blurb.

B

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by hotcat
Oh yikes, my recording does not have any volume. It's #41. It's supposed to be the Allemande from French Suite 4, but all I hear is crickets! I just clicked on the link and tried to listen through my laptop speaker. Everyone else's pieces are coming through just fine!

Before submitting, I noticed that with headphones the volume was quite loud, but through my laptop speaker it was quieter and probably not quite loud enough. But here on the recital, I am getting no volume whatsoever on my laptop speaker, whereas everyone else's recital pieces are coming through loud and clear. I was under the impression that it would be given some standard volume? I guess that was not the case. Sorry about that. I probably should have gotten help from my teenager!

Anyway, I can't wait to listen to everyone's pieces!!

With my pc volume turned up all the way, I can hear it a little bit. With the amplified volume of headphones, one could probably still listen to it.

7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member

It is quiet, but I can hear it --- what confused me though was that I was searching for Bobpickle thinking it was HIS submision that couldn't be heard. Then I read more carefully and saw you had included the number, but I still thought it was Bob - using a different name. It wasn't til I saw Sam's post and the quoted text from HotCat that it all became clear.

I will listen again with the headphones - but even without I could tell the playing is very even and flows beautifully -- more later!

Last edited by casinitaly; 05/15/13 07:08 AM. Reason: Edited to correct my confused post.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by hotcat
Oh yikes, my recording does not have any volume. It's #41. It's supposed to be the Allemande from French Suite 4, but all I hear is crickets! I just clicked on the link and tried to listen through my laptop speaker. Everyone else's pieces are coming through just fine!

Before submitting, I noticed that with headphones the volume was quite loud, but through my laptop speaker it was quieter and probably not quite loud enough. But here on the recital, I am getting no volume whatsoever on my laptop speaker, whereas everyone else's recital pieces are coming through loud and clear. I was under the impression that it would be given some standard volume? I guess that was not the case. Sorry about that. I probably should have gotten help from my teenager!

Anyway, I can't wait to listen to everyone's pieces!!

I downloaded it, ran it through the normalize function in Audacity, and put it back. That introduced some hiss, but now it is audible - your playing sounds really good - nice and smooth. You may have to refresh the page or flush your cache to get the new version if you have already tried to listen to it.

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
60. peterws- I so love this piece. The way Mozart works with the theme is just fantastic. You do a great job. The video was fun too.

59. stumbler- I was going to intentionally go backwards at first skipping a few and then coming back but I'm already breaking the pattern. I enjoyed peter's mozart so much I figured I'd hear some more. Glad I did. Another lively well done performance.

56. Atallguy- I loved your description of playing this for your daughter. I bet it really does give this piece special meaning. You are doing great with it. Yea, the piano sure slipped out of tune. That's New England weather for you. If I didn't do my own tuning mine would probably be out of tune most ot the year as I couldn't afford to bring in a tuner every month.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Second batch

11. Andy Platt - Nocturne in Eb Major, Opus 9. No 2 This sounds professional to me!

14. Ganddalf - Rustle of Spring Oh Lord so many notes! Flowing like water drops.

16. Allard - Cristofori's Dream Beautiful arpeggios. Slow pieces are hard but you don't seem to notice!

17. Inlanding - Glen - Icy Patch Wonderful! Can I be you for just a few minutes and improvise something like that?

19. earlofmar - Bach Prelude No 1 C Major You are an alien laugh Great tempo, even touch... you were probably a pianist in your previous life.

20. Allan W. - Shevat, the Wind is Calling The score looks awfully difficult, yet you play it like it was easy!

A
A
Wow, sixty entries. Lots of music to listen to this week! Let's get started.

01. Jazzwee - Night in Tunisia
Technically this isn't a recital. The music is nice, but I would prefer to hear more of your piano playing.

02. jotur/Cathy Turner - G.I. Jive
It's fun to listen to this kind of music. I particularly like the heavy bass part near the start.

03. wouter79 - Prelude, Op.32 No.12
Wow, this prelude. Valentina Lisitsa played it on her Royal Albert concert, didn't she? You're playing quite advanced music, and well enough too.

04. ladypayne - Chim Chim Cheree
Quite a bit lighter than the previous piece! What film is this from?

I listened to your recording this morning, before going to work. There are so many interpretations of this piece that you can play it perfectly to fit your mood, as you do. It's beautiful. I wonder if the broken chords could be a little more subdued, since it isn't "sempre pianissimo" and sometimes makes the melody a little weak.

06. dannylux / Mel - Elgar: Salut d'Amour
Nicely relaxing, especially with the familiar Yamaha digital piano sound. I've never heard the piece before, yet it sounds familiar.

07. Jake S - Moonlight Sonata 1st Mvt (Op. 27 No.2)
With the Moonlight Sonata being almost a required repertoire piece for every pianist with classical interest, odds were that there would be two entries to the recital some time. No problem, after dannylux's interlude I'm ready for more Beethoven! Can never tire listening to this, indeed. This is probably a bit high level at one and a half year experience (I couldn't do it). You do a more than decent job, though. Only the melody is a bit too loud, while the chords are (mostly) nicely subdued.

08. CarlosCC - Joana's Secrets
Gasp, no Einaudi! Fortunately it seems inspired by Einaudi, so all's good smile Nice use of dynamics and colour throughout the piece. You should compose more.

09. Sam S - PS, I Made This ...
Comparing anyone's recording to a professional is the last thing I'd want to do! Your interpretation has its own merits and that's all that matters. Actually, a few slight hesitations can probably be attributed to the mistakes you mention :p I can hear the influences of that Hawaiian guitar. Now I want summer vacation.

10. Peyton - Message From Space: A Sad Passing
An impressive composition. Your wife is right; this isn't slow enough for a funeral. Playing a piece like this is excellent for expressing a sad mood and perhaps even getting over it a little. I'm looking forward to the next instalment of your series.

David Lanz - Skyline Firedance Suite
Nobuo Uematsu - Final Fantasy 7 Main Theme
[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
01. Jazzwee - Night in Tunisia Nice gig Jazzwee! I love the real live ambience, and your solo is great!

02. jotur/Cathy Turner - G.I. Jive - Cathy, I can see how you like this type of music and you show great control along the entire piece. Great sound!

03. wouter79 - Prelude, Op.32 No.12 - wouter79, I'm sure you put lots of work on this. Nice work!

04. ladypayne - Chim Chim Cheree - I love your arrangement. So fresh, so well balanced with lovely dynamics. Well done!

05. Saranoya - Piano Sonata 14 - Adagio Sostenuto (a.k.a. Moonlight Sonata - first movement) - Saranoya, you proved that playing piano it's not just hitting the right keys. Nothing more to say.

06. dannylux / Mel - Elgar: Salut d'Amour - Mel, this is great. I agree, this is very charming and lovely piece. Well done!

07. Jake S - Moonlight Sonata 1st Mvt (Op. 27 No.2) - Jake, this is the "classic of the classics" and you did it justice. Well done!

09. Sam S - PS, I Made This ... - Sam, what a shift! But you proved you are able to play this type of music as well. It's a very funny and happy piece. Congratulations!

10. Peyton - Message From Space: A Sad Passing - Peyton, I love your "message from space" series. basically, because I admire your ability to imagine, write and play those pieces. Among the others "messages" I put this one in the top of the list. Congratulations!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
11. Andy Platt - Nocturne in Eb Major, Opus 9. No 2 - Andy, no matter how many times I've heard Chopin, I always get fascinated by his pieces. And your brilliant interpretation it's just wonderful. Congratulations!

12. Riddler (Ed) - African Flower - Ed, I was curious about this "African Flower" (reading the title, I was expecting a different music). I think your arrangement is very, very good. The piece is very well built and, therefore, no wonder that so many pianists have played it. Congratulations

13. Monica K. - Two Trees - Monica, I was waiting for this. I know how it's difficult to reach the right sound in Einaudi's music, whit those pauses and dynamics, but you did a great, great work. I've to try this one. Thanks for sharing!

14. Ganddalf - Rustle of Spring - Ganddalf, your playing is a great source of inspiration for those who are newbies like me. So, keep participating. Once again, your playing is awesome. Thanks!

15. (Was)TrueBeginner - Momma - That's a lovely tribute to all mothers in the world. I was struck. Thanks for sharing.

16. Allard - Cristofori's Dream - Allard, as you might know I like this kind of music. I never heard this piece before, but I think you did a great job. As far as I can remember this is the 2nd David Lanz piece you are submitting, so I guess your are now clear about your path. That's good! Congratulations!

17. Inlanding - Glen - Icy Patch - Glen, first of all, get better soon! Second, it's incredible how you play this lovely tune. You show great domain. Fresh, happy, and clear. Congratulations!

18. sinophilia - So in Love sinophilia, thanks for bringing this Cole Porter piece. I think this is lovely, and well played. No need to warn us about anything, very nice to listen to.

19. earlofmar - Bach Prelude No 1 C Major - earlofmar, very funny your comment about having something "classy" to play in a store... - when I play in public people ask "Ludovico ... who?", so I know what you're talking about -. I'm not a big fan of Bach, but I can recognize plenty of work and dedication in your performance. Nicely done!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
20. Allan W. - Shevat, the Wind is Calling - Allan, well done! I loved the first bars with the sounds surrounding each other. Then, the progression is awesome. I can see why this is your favorite piece. Thanks for sharing!

21. dynamobt / Marilyn Burris - Grande Valse Brilliante in A minor Op 34 no 2 - Ah, Chopin again. As I said above I love each piece of Chopin but I never had the courage to play a piece of him. So, I admire those who do. Congratulations!

22. PikaPianist - Consolation No. 3, S. 172 - This is your first ABF recital, right? Welcome and congratulations on your first Liszt piece. Lovely done!

23. Mohan Karthik - Greensleeves (Arr: David Nevue) - Mohan, this is arrangement of David Nevue it's just perfect. As your playing. Very pleasant to hear. Welcome back and congratulations!

24. anthonyb - Discovery at Night - Anthonyb, back in 2010 I was getting my first steps in music and in PW. I remember I was listening your performance in the Recital #19, and I was "shocked" with your interpretation of "Nuvole Bianche" - I can remember as it was today!-. That was the reason why I started to listen Einaudi - which was unknown for me -. So, with all the justice I've to say that, thanks to YOU, I discovered Einaudi and his music, so I started to work his pieces until today. Now, and after 3 years, I can play "Nuvole Bianche" too, which was a kind of goal to me. And all of this because of you. So, thanks a lot.

About "Discovery at Night": I loved the peaceful tone you put on it. The notes are played with the right time in the right tempo. Very nice job, very soothing and enjoyable to listen to. Another reference for me.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
22. PikaPianist - Consolation No. 3, S. 172 - sounds great. Made me want to learn this song myself. Just one minor comment: I've listened to a few other interpretations (Horowitz and Valentina Lisitsa) of it and it seems like they pedal during the RH staccato phrases which sounds less jarring.

Previously: Kawai MP-10, 1980 Yamaha C7, 2012 Young Chang Y175
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Here's my first batch. Apologies to all those I didn't get to yet, but I promise, I'll get to the end by this time tomorrow. Gotta go to my piano lesson now!

1 Jazzwee -- Though I am currently learning with a classically trained piano teacher, I would kill for the ability to play the way you do (and I do plan on pursuing it at some point!). In the mean time, this is great 'aspirational material' for me to listen to. If I can one day play jazz half as well as you do, I'll be mighty pleased with myself.

2 Jotur -- I can imagine this being very popular with your senior citizen audience. You play in a way that makes me picture a thirties bar with a cigarette-smoking old grand dame behind the piano. I admire your ability to sound that laid-back while 'on red dot notice'.

3 Wouter79 -- If I had to summarise what this piece sounds like to me in a single word, the word would be 'cascade'. It's an unending cascade of notes, but you manage to convey the sense of tranquility that the composer no doubt intended to convey with this piece. Your performance of it is so spot-on that, to me, it sounds almost of professional quality. Nice!

4 Ladypayne -- This is one of my all-time favourites among Disney songs. My sister and I basically grew up on Disney VHS tapes, and we used to sing along with a great many of the songs in them, this one included. I liked your arrangement. It brought back some good memories for me. Thank you.

6 Dannylux / Mel -- Thank you for introducing me to yet another composer I hadn't heard of before, but whose music, judging by what little of it I've been able to sample (i.e., this recital submission ;)) should be quite to my liking. You play with great sensitivity. Well done!

7 Jake S -- Well ... obviously, you chose a piece that I am very, very, very intimately familiar with. Which makes it simultaneously very easy and very hard to comment on your submission. In general terms, I can hear you telling a story when you play it. It's a different story than the one I'm telling, but ... it has soul. I like it. More specifically, I especially like the part that, for the sake of convenience, I'm going to call the 'broken chords' section (they're all broken chords, of course, but you know what I mean). You play not just with dynamics, but with tempo, to get an end result that conveys much of the 'playfulness' I can hear there when I play this piece 'in my head', but for some reason have never quite managed to introduce into my own renditions of it. Thank you for sharing this.

8 CarlosCC -- You proved that making great music (in all senses of the word) has less to do with the notes that are in the piece than with the way you play them. Nothing more to say wink.

9 Sam S -- This music has a certain playfulness to it that you manage to convey beautifully. And you introduced me to yet another endless reservoir of piano repertoire that I might want to tap some day. Which is good ... I have my work cut out for me from here until well beyond retirement age wink. Thanks.

10 Peyton -- Your music reminds me of the soundtrack in my head. Which is to say, I am in awe of your ability to actually play this kind of stuff, instead of just hearing it, and idly wishing you could play it. Remind me to talk to you some time about how to get from zero to this.

11 Andy Platt -- I remember cheering for your on the sidelines as you reported on your progress with this piece in the AOTW thread. I remember thinking you were progressing blindingly fast on it. And here it is, the irrevocable proof that you did a fantastic job with it. Congratulations, Andy! This is an Achievement of the Year!

12 Riddler (Ed) -- This, I would quite like an entire album of. I'd put it on in the background as I did annoying household tasks (like dishes, or ironing), and all of a sudden they wouldn't be half as annoying anymore. The quality of your performance is also such that I think you might just be able to persuade a good old-fashioned record company to produce and publish said album. If you ever do that, consider me your first loyal customer!

13 Monica K. -- It doesn't have to be complicated to be beautiful. This music is relatively straightforward in terms of structure and harmonics, but you make it compelling. Exhibit C in the case for making music with one's soul.

14 Ganddalf -- I hadn't heard of this composer either, but he's another one (even more so than Elgar) whose music I will definitely want to explore in the future. So thank you very much for the nice introduction. And, now I'm even more sorry than I was before that you won't be here in July for our piano party! Beautiful performance.

15 (was)truebeginner -- The piece has a melancholy to it that speaks to me in an almost uncanny way. Makes me wonder about the title ...

16 Allard -- Beautiful music, beautifully played. 'nuff said wink.

17 Inlanding - Glen -- Holy [censored]. I have no other words for an original composition in that particular style, played so effortlessly. You, sir, are officially awesome.

18 Sinophilia -- You are going places, girl! I've been listening to, and greatly enjoying, your recordings on SoundCloud, and they are pretty decent. But this is worlds better than that! You seem to be making progress in leaps and bounds. And to think you didn't want to come to the piano party because you think you're not far enough along. Puh-lease. You are selling yourself way short (yes, I know, the pot called to tell us that the kettle is black ;)).

19 Earlofmar -- Beautiful and timeless ... and not quite as easy as it sounds. But you play it nice and evenly, and I quite enjoyed your rendition. Thanks for sharing!

20 Allan W. -- This, too, I would like to have an entire album of to lighten the boredom of housework. Let me know when and where to buy you! wink.

21 Dynamobt / Marilyn Burris -- I had to smile when I heard you turn the page. You warned us about that weeks ago! But it's not half as bad as you probably think it is. And I listened to your piece twice. It's on my 'some day' list, and you set a fine example to aspire to!

22 Pikapianist -- I know almost none of Liszt's music. But you made a fine argument here for the need to go exploring. Sheet music store, here I come. Also, are you sure you're not secretly (or perhaps not so secretly, I haven't checked) a conservatory student, or an after-hours concert pianist, or some such? wink.

23 Mohan Karthik -- If this is the caliber of submissions we can expect from you now and in the future, then I'm glad you came back to the ABF forums after a really long time. That was very enjoyable indeed. Thank you!

24 Anthonyb -- Einaudi is always good for an enjoyable listen, especially when it's played as competently and sensitively as it is here. Thank you.

25 KenJazz -- I'm impressed with the music here, but even more impressed by the depth of your analysis of the music you're playing (which probably isn't all that deep to someone accustomed to listening to music that way, but sounds pretty darn impressive to a n00b like me). Thank you for sharing all of that info. It made me listen in a different way.

Plodding through piano music at a frustratingly slow pace since 9/2012.

Standard disclaimer: I teach many things. Piano is not one of them.
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Everyone on acoustic, as usual please give me a PM if you want my feedback!

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by Allard

03. wouter79 - Prelude, Op.32 No.12
Wow, this prelude. Valentina Lisitsa played it on her Royal Albert concert, didn't she? You're playing quite advanced music, and well enough too.

Thanks! Yes, she did, along with 3 other preludes and one etude tableau from him shocked

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission