Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!


SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
132 registered members (anotherscott, AlanB, BachToTheFuture, alfredo capurso, AD10, 36251, 28 invisible), 2,026 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#2079927 - 05/09/13 04:48 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: earlofmar]  
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,011
scorpio Offline
1000 Post Club Member
scorpio  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,011
Connecticut, USA
earlofmar, bravo! Quite impressive. I look forward to your Snell's Level 3 pieces.

I've been doing this for 4.5 months; I have alot of distance to make up to get to your level.


Kawai MP11 : JBL LSR305 : Focusrite 2i4 : Pianoteq Standard

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Willy Wonka


[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2079969 - 05/09/13 06:15 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
Australia
Thank you scopio, it is amazing in these early days how much a month or two can make. I started Fandango a couple of months ago and had to wait a while until ability caught up to ambition


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2079975 - 05/09/13 06:32 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: earlofmar]  
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 708
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member
Newman  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 708
Australia
Scorpio - short and sweet
earlofmar - for just a few months that sounds pretty good to me.


Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
#2080081 - 05/09/13 11:56 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: peterws]  
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 573
xorbe Offline
500 Post Club Member
xorbe  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 573
Mt View, CA
Originally Posted by peterws
Here`s a hacked about ole Lennon McCartney one. . . . called "EL, Len or Rig.B?" It`s undisciplined I`m afraid . . . How on earth d`ya get a picture on here from Youtube vids?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gmS4iTw8fjw


Niiice.

(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
#2080124 - 05/10/13 02:28 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]  
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 840
Weiyan Offline
500 Post Club Member
Weiyan  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 840
Hong Kong
earlofmar: The Fandango is well played. Its your music flowing.


Working on:\

J.S.Bach Prelude in C Min: No. 2 from Six Preludes fur Anfanger auf dem
Am Abend No. 2 from Stimmungsbilder, Op. 88
60s Swing No. 1 from Swinging Rhythms
http://weiyanwo.wordpress.com
#2080127 - 05/10/13 02:48 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Weiyan]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
Australia
Originally Posted by Weiyan
earlofmar: The Fandango is well played. Its your music flowing.


Thankyou Weiyan, interestingly I was just reading about trying to feel the music one is playing.


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2080186 - 05/10/13 06:59 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]  
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 840
Weiyan Offline
500 Post Club Member
Weiyan  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 840
Hong Kong
This is my mid month contribution.

Baby Elephant Walk by Henry Mancini
from the Paramount Picture Hatari!



Working on:\

J.S.Bach Prelude in C Min: No. 2 from Six Preludes fur Anfanger auf dem
Am Abend No. 2 from Stimmungsbilder, Op. 88
60s Swing No. 1 from Swinging Rhythms
http://weiyanwo.wordpress.com
#2080191 - 05/10/13 07:16 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
Australia
thanks for sharing Weiyan, has that distinctive Mancini sound that is just wonderful, guaranteed to make you smile


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2080261 - 05/10/13 10:23 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: earlofmar]  
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,982
SwissMS Offline
1000 Post Club Member
SwissMS  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,982
Costa del Sol
Scorpio - Very nice first submission! You have made a lot of progress in a short time!

Earlomar - I love the Fandango. You played it very confidently.

Weiyan - Great job on the Mancini. You really had it cooking long!

#2080282 - 05/10/13 11:16 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]  
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,935
Inlanding Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Inlanding  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,935
Colorado
earlofmar~ Welcome to the piano bar! Great touch you have there with your first posting of Fandango! It's amazing you've been playing for only five months and you play so very well. Look forward to more from you - thank you for your music.

Scorpio~ Morning Song is very carefully played. That Diabelli wrote some very nice melodies and you picked a good one to play. I really enjoyed it. Look forward to more of your music.

Weiyan~ Great Baby Elephant Walk! Your sense of time is improving and you are playing more relaxed than before. It's great to see and you unisons are better, although some of the mid-bass can use some shoring up! Great work. With those boogie pieces, time/steady tempo is key. That ending made me smile!


[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
#2080284 - 05/10/13 11:18 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]  
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,935
Inlanding Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Inlanding  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,935
Colorado
Here's a quick tune called, Slow Move

Glen



[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
#2080291 - 05/10/13 11:30 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]  
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 11,041
Rickster Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Rickster  Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 11,041
Georgia, USA
Beautiful, Glen!

And, your Steinway sounds fabulous! smile

How long have you been playing? Seems like you've mastered the piano to a very high level!

Rick



Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
#2080351 - 05/10/13 01:41 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]  
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,269
peterws Offline
6000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,269
Northern England.
Earlofmar . Great going, man! really flowin` . . good clean sound flowing around

Scopio Very lovely touch. Sounds real good. A simple song played well.

Weiyan The boogie`s on its Weiy - an exemplary rendition. Great LH work, tricky bits in the RH - It`ll rock very soon, methinks. I was waiting for a rattly ending after the "Good evening friends" bit - but got a nice chord instead!

Inlanding How`s Tony Bennett these days? Surely, music to get drunk to. . . .RELAX!


"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
#2080470 - 05/10/13 06:40 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
Australia
Thanks for the wonderful comments Inlanding & peterws.

Inlanding your piece nothing short of remarkable, something to aspire too.


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2080485 - 05/10/13 07:23 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]  
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 840
Weiyan Offline
500 Post Club Member
Weiyan  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 840
Hong Kong
Glen: The old time jazz feel of the Slow is very nice.
Quote
some of the mid-bass can use some shoring up

Thank you for your kindly suggestion. Could you explain the shoring up? Thank you.


Working on:\

J.S.Bach Prelude in C Min: No. 2 from Six Preludes fur Anfanger auf dem
Am Abend No. 2 from Stimmungsbilder, Op. 88
60s Swing No. 1 from Swinging Rhythms
http://weiyanwo.wordpress.com
#2080486 - 05/10/13 07:23 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: earlofmar]  
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 708
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member
Newman  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 708
Australia
In Landing - Wow some great RH work there! The LH chord pattern underneath - very Gershwin bluesy to me - nice.
Weiyan - speaking of RH work you did some pretty good RH licks there.


Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
#2080566 - 05/11/13 01:05 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Newman]  
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 708
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member
Newman  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 708
Australia
Well, I must be getting somewhere in my learning because (the roughness of my playing aside) this one didn't seem so hard. Pretty quick and easy to learn.


Cry Baby Cry (Lennon_McCartney)

Just a little fun at the intro.


Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
#2080577 - 05/11/13 01:52 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Newman]  
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,269
peterws Offline
6000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,269
Northern England.
Newman Ah do beeeleeeve . . . that is your best yet! Pure Lennon! Uncanny resemblance . . . Most excellent! I`d like to hear Swiss Maid . .


"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
#2080584 - 05/11/13 02:31 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]  
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,203
jazzwee Offline
7000 Post Club Member
jazzwee  Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,203
So. California
This is a recording from a live gig.

Softly as in the Morning Sunrise
https://www.box.com/s/iwp536u5k0xxw6bcmanx

Enjoy!


Pianoclues.com for Beginners
My Jazz Blog
Hamburg Steinway O, Nord Electro 4 HP

#2080607 - 05/11/13 04:27 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: jazzwee]  
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,269
peterws Offline
6000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,269
Northern England.
OOOOHH!! What fun! MORE music to get drunk to! Cleo Laine . . .plus band, Nice Band man!


"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
#2080644 - 05/11/13 07:15 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: jazzwee]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
Australia
Originally Posted by jazzwee
This is a recording from a live gig.

Softly as in the Morning Sunrise
https://www.box.com/s/iwp536u5k0xxw6bcmanx

Enjoy!


Great jazzwee, must be great to play with wonderful muscians


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2080645 - 05/11/13 07:19 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Newman]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
Australia
Originally Posted by Newman
Well, I must be getting somewhere in my learning because (the roughness of my playing aside) this one didn't seem so hard. Pretty quick and easy to learn.


Cry Baby Cry (Lennon_McCartney)

Just a little fun at the intro.


Newman, I won't keep on going on about it(promise) but your voice is so good, it has one thing all great singers have - character. Your piano playing dam good too.


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2080696 - 05/11/13 09:26 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: earlofmar]  
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 708
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member
Newman  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 708
Australia
Originally Posted by earlofmar


Newman, I won't keep on going on about it(promise) but your voice is so good, it has one thing all great singers have - character. Your piano playing dam good too.


Thank you. Appreciated.


Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
#2080705 - 05/11/13 09:37 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: peterws]  
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 708
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member
Newman  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 708
Australia
Originally Posted by peterws
Newman Ah do beeeleeeve . . . that is your best yet! Pure Lennon! Uncanny resemblance . . . Most excellent! I`d like to hear Swiss Maid . .


Why, thank you. (Swiss Maid?)


Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
#2080903 - 05/11/13 03:35 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Newman]  
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,269
peterws Offline
6000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,269
Northern England.
Sorry! That was Del Shannon . . . . I got mixed up with Norwegian wood... .


"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
#2081033 - 05/11/13 08:30 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: peterws]  
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 708
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member
Newman  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 708
Australia
I play Norwegian Wood - on guitar (couldn't see it as a piano piece).


Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
#2082182 - 05/13/13 11:23 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 248
ElleC Offline
Full Member
ElleC  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 248
NJ, USA
I'll be the first to say that my version sounds uneven. Another work in progress. Needs some fine tuning for sure. Plus I can't decide if I like this piece slower or faster. I'm posting the faster version.

Here you go earlofmar! My Prelude in C major

http://soundcloud.com/elle_c/prelude-bwv-846-js-bach


Adult beginner since January 2013. My only regret is that I didn't learn sooner.
#2082343 - 05/14/13 09:31 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]  
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,011
scorpio Offline
1000 Post Club Member
scorpio  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,011
Connecticut, USA
Inlanding - that was enjoyable. Set the right mood for me.

Newman - great Lennon/McCartney as always. Do you have a suggestion for a good "easy piano" Beatles book?

jazzwee - when I first heard this, it was at night with the lights down. I had this existential experience like I was right in the room, with drink in hand. Thank you.

ElleC - wow! Very impressed. I started in January too (ugh!) I need to buckle up and get moving.


Kawai MP11 : JBL LSR305 : Focusrite 2i4 : Pianoteq Standard

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Willy Wonka


[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
#2082348 - 05/14/13 09:45 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]  
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,555
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
sinophilia  Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014


Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,555
Italy
scorpio, don't worry, I stopped comparing myself to ElleC or earlofmar as soon as I heard their first recording! I think they come from some other planet wink


Diana & Wally - Yamaha W110BW
Martha Argerich... is an incarnation of the artistic metaphor of the "eternal feminine" that draws us upward. (Sergio Sablich)
http://soundcloud.com/sinophilia
[Linked Image]
#2082584 - 05/14/13 05:50 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: sinophilia]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
Australia
Originally Posted by sinophilia
scorpio, don't worry, I stopped comparing myself to ElleC or earlofmar as soon as I heard their first recording! I think they come from some other planet wink


Too kind sinophilia, but I have only submitted one piece which sounded not too bad. The forum will probably never get to hear the endless repetitive practice and wrong notes that make my normal day at the piano.


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  BB Player, casinitaly 

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.


Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas


(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Help me find my "Dream" Piano!
by KiraM423. 06/26/17 10:40 AM
Ellington 350-E
by jmbenishek. 06/26/17 10:19 AM
Roland fp30 o kawai es110
by Dany86. 06/26/17 10:11 AM
Brian Crain - Song for Sienna at 3:10 / measure 73
by TonyDIGITAL. 06/26/17 09:02 AM
How I encourage myself
by ManishP. 06/26/17 02:34 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics180,462
Posts2,639,134
Members88,197
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Check It Out!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers


 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |


copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0