2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, brennbaer, busa, ChickenBrother, Barly, 1957, 10 invisible), 2,041 guests, and 309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
OP Offline
J
In a few days I'll be getting mt laptop back HOPEFULLY able to use my Synthogy Ivory GP II. I can't currently because the iLok won't install (device ever) and iLok.com tech support has no clue why. They've stopped answering my multiple requests for help, so I'm wiping my entire laptop and starting over with as basic W7 home premium can get, but that is neither here nor there.I'm wondering more about how my computer will handle running Ivory at high settings. Here's what I have.

Samsung Ultrabook
2.5GH i5 Processor
8GB of RAM
M-Audio Fast Track w/ ASIO Drivers
And the part I'm worried about...
7200RPM Fantom USB 3.0 External Drive

I'm aware that firewire and SATA is the way to go, however my laptop has neither of these ports, I'm running Ivory on a slower laptop with only USB 2.0 and I'm getting a "slow disk" notification and sound cutting out.

Am I going to run into this same problem when I switch back to my USB 3.0 laptop? (I can only hope this last ditch effort to get the iLok to work succeeds).

V
V
I use a MacBook Pro, and had to get an SSD to finally get Ivory II working satisfactorily, but...

By most accounts, 7200RPM HDD via USB 3.0 does the job fine.

As for problems with iLok, I have no suggestions to offer on that, I'm afraid...

I've got nothing clever to say...
T
T
Using Core 2 Duo PC-based laptop through an RME UC (previously Focusrite FW interface) with a stock Lacie 7200 rpm external drive with Ivory II. With either FW or current USB (V2.0) runs excellent. Updated the laptop HDD to a 7200 rpm.

iLok (knock, knock) no problems over the past year or so.

I can't say about the rest, but I know that the Fastrack could really screw you up. I haven't heard wonderful things about it's latency performance. There are several nice interfaces on the market, but if you're stuck on M-Audio, their Mbox 3 and Mbox Pro 3 have both been nice improvements in the latency department.

www.soundcloud.com/btrailblazer

Cable-Nelson upright piano, Casio WK-200, Mackie MR5MK2 monitors, Cubase Artist 7, Steinberg's The Grand 3, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 interface, Asus R500a-RS52 Windows 8, i5-3230M 2.6 gHz, 6GB RAM, 750GB HD (5400RPM)
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
When I was looking for a MIDI/audio interface I read about some driver issues with the M-Audio Fastrack drivers and with certain Focusrite products, so I went with a Presonus Audiobox.

But complaints about drivers are rife, and are often specific to a particular PC hardware or OS configuration. One person might have problems, and the next person none at all. So I wouldn't write off M-Audio or Focusrite.

T
T
I have used this equipment myself running Ivory II with the Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 Interface. With Ivory there appears to be 2 or 3 ms latency if that!! The NI interface is rock solid from the use Ive had. This is with working in Windows 7 (64bit) & Cubase.

Nice looking interface too, heavy duty and feels very well built. The software that comes with it is the most impressive on the market:

KOMPLETE ELEMENTS — over 3 GB of inspiring instruments and effects
CUBASE LE 6 — sequencer and recording software
TRAKTOR LE 2 — DJ software

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/audio-interfaces/komplete-audio-6/

Last edited by TheBlacknight; 05/15/13 11:43 PM.

DP: Kawai CA65. NI Komplete Audio 6, KRK Rokit RP6. Sennheiser HD 598's. Galaxy/Synthogy & NI VST's
DAW: Intel i7 4770K, Asus Z87 Pro, 32GB 1600Mhz RAM, XFX 2GB 7770 GPU,2 x OCZ Vector 256GB SSD, OCZ 850W GOLD PSU, 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 64MB. Zalman LQ315 Liquid Cooler

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission