2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
48 members (AlkansBookcase, CharlesXX, bcalvanese, colinvda, Adam Reynolds, cascadia, ChickenBrother, CrashTest, 7 invisible), 2,166 guests, and 309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
pancake Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I'm in San Francisco for 5-6 months and can't survive without a piano... but am in a small apartment so digital is my only option. I tried the Yamaha NU-1 today and thought it was great - but Piedmont Piano is the only place I could find that rent them and they said 6 months was too short. The only other digital pianos they had for rental were very old Clavinovas which didn't really cut it for me.

Anyone know anywhere I could try to rent either a NU-1 or another modern, good quality digital? Thanks

F
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
F
No

Amateur Pianist and raconteur.

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member
Wrong Forum

Marty in Minnesota

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.
P
pancake Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Sorry I got the wrong forum - I had a look at the options and couldn't work out where to post this. Where should I post this question please?

M
Mwm Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Look under the Forum List and choose Digital Pianos. Try posting there. Good luck in your search.

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
The problem is easy if you approach it in another way. Pick up the phone and buy a digital. Kawai's MP-10 might serve as to action and sound; Sweetwater (who advertises here) can handle the transaction. When you don't want the digital anymore, sell it.

Your problem will be solved in less than a week by this method.

Clef

K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
To Pancake,

I second what Jeff C said. If you buy used and sell used, you'll lose less than the cost of a rental upon resale. For example, a friend decided to to remodel his own bathroom. He bought a tile saw at a pawn shop and kept it for 3 weeks. He resold the saw on Craigs List for $35 less than he paid for it. The daily rental rate for a slightly better tile saw at home depot was $45 dollars. It'll be easier if you take care to not indulge in being overly fussy about which DP you get. You will wait longer to find something if you limit yourself to the highest end Kawai and Yamahas simply because fewer of them are sold.

Last edited by KurtZ; 05/12/13 10:52 AM.

**********************************************************************************************************
Co-owner (by marriage) and part time customer service rep at an electronic musical equipment repair shop.
D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
Jeff Clef's makes a good suggestion. There are plenty of professional grade portables (slabs) that are much better quality than the CLPs. You might find something you'll want to keep and take with you on vacations and other future trips. Why waste your money on rental fees and moving charges?

Keep an eye out for used keyboards too. With a little luck, this could be your least expensive option.

"Imagine it in all its primatic colorings, its counterpart in our souls - our souls that are great pianos whose strings, of honey and of steel, the divisions of the rainbow set twanging, loosing on the air great novels of adventure!" - William Carlos Williams

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,152
Members111,629
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission