Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!


SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
112 registered members (AlanB, alfredo capurso, amad23, ando, accordeur, AZ_Astro, 29 invisible), 1,994 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2079411 - 05/08/13 04:30 PM Summerkeys 2013  
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 967
dynamobt Online content
500 Post Club Member
dynamobt  Online Content
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 967
NH
Just learned of the existence of this program when mentioned on another thread.

WHO'S GOING????? WHEN?????? WHERE are you staying???

Wouldn't it be sort of fantasitc to meet each other and support each other at this program if a few of us could attend the same session?

I'm aware some people have already made reservations. Come on and post up when you will be attending!! I think there is still time for people to get into the program. All levels invited.

First order of business is to find out who is already registered and when. I haven't even mentioned the possibility of going to my family. But if there is interest in a group attending the same session, I will make a sincere effort to get there.

This thread could be a forum for people to share where they have stayed with good reviews and not so good reviews. I know I would love to learn more about the program from someone who has done it aleady.

Please join in a share your experiences and plans for this year if you are going again!!

Last edited by dynamobt; 05/08/13 04:31 PM.

1918 Mason & Hamlin BB
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2079419 - 05/08/13 04:47 PM Re: Summerkeys 2013 [Re: dynamobt]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
Australia
I just read someones previous visit to Summerkeys it sounds fantastic. Obviously is out of the question for me with distance, so I look forward to hearing all news from this coming event


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2079523 - 05/08/13 09:48 PM Re: Summerkeys 2013 [Re: earlofmar]  
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,284
Sam S Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Sam S  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,284
Georgia, USA
I'm going again this year - this will be my third summer. I'm going earlier this time - 3rd week of June. Will report when I get back. I heard there are several others going, but I think we are pretty spread out over the summer.

It's a fantastic vacation - Here's my report from 2 years ago.

After Summerkeys I'm going hiking - the 100 mile wilderness on the AT in Maine.

Sam

#2079528 - 05/08/13 10:00 PM Re: Summerkeys 2013 [Re: earlofmar]  
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 341
zillybug Offline
Full Member
zillybug  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 341
upstate NY
I'm going for the second time this year. I will be there the last week in June with a friend who is also doing the piano program. We rented a house last year and also this year. I was very happy with it and it costs less than most of the bed and breakfast places. You can most likely still get into the program but finding a place to stay may be harder as I hear many people make their reservations for the next year before they leave. June tends to be the least crowded. I absolutely loved Summer Keys and hope you can go.
Judy


[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
#2079567 - 05/08/13 11:39 PM Re: Summerkeys 2013 [Re: Sam S]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
Australia
Originally Posted by Sam S



After Summerkeys I'm going hiking - the 100 mile wilderness on the AT in Maine.

Sam


Hiking with a piano I hope


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2079586 - 05/09/13 12:32 AM Re: Summerkeys 2013 [Re: Sam S]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
Australia
Originally Posted by Sam S

It's a fantastic vacation - Here's my report from 2 years ago.

After Summerkeys I'm going hiking - the 100 mile wilderness on the AT in Maine.

Sam


Sam I read the whole thread and listened to your recital piece, well done. I just wish we had something like this in Australia, although since my wife is American I can never say never, perhaps we could fit it into one of our trips one day.


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2079821 - 05/09/13 12:23 PM Re: Summerkeys 2013 [Re: dynamobt]  
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 967
dynamobt Online content
500 Post Club Member
dynamobt  Online Content
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 967
NH
I just finished reading your enti 2011 thread, Sam. Your playing is very expressive! Well done!! What an adventure!!!

I'm not sure I could keep up with the schedule! And, as predicted,I've looked at accommodations and things are booked, booked, booked for this year. June is't the best month for me. Late July would be better.

Learning from the experience of waiting to the last minute. (not that I could have done better not knowing about the program) I think I will have to think hard about next year rather than try and put something together for this year.

Your thread from 2011 makes Summerkeys sound absolutely wonderful!!!!!


1918 Mason & Hamlin BB
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2079839 - 05/09/13 01:06 PM Re: Summerkeys 2013 [Re: dynamobt]  
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,556
ClsscLib Offline

Platinum Supporter until Jan 02 2013
ClsscLib  Offline

Platinum Supporter until Jan 02 2013


Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,556
Northern VA, U.S.
I'm attending (first time at Summerkeys) the week of July 22. Looking forward to it!


[Linked Image] [Linked Image][Linked Image]

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing."

-- Florence Foster Jenkins

Moderated by  BB Player, casinitaly 

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.


Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas


(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Question about playing scales
by ybtangq. 06/25/17 12:41 PM
How is Kawai's newest Millennium III action?
by James Guo. 06/25/17 12:22 PM
Kurzweil RG100SE, good action?
by Fscotte. 06/25/17 11:15 AM
Brian Crain - Song for Sienna
by TonyDIGITAL. 06/25/17 09:59 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics180,445
Posts2,638,887
Members88,180
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Check It Out!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers


 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |


copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0