2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (booms, Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 12 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
M
Originally Posted by Ojustaboo
This sort of thing makes me plucking up the courage to ever submit something myself all the more harder frown

I play a couple of online games, characters that can sneak around invisible, my character names all have sneak in them such as Sneakaboo and I'm known as Sneak when chatting online.

So reading this and the culprit being referred to by my gamer name makes it all the worse smile

Don't tell me, you play a Rogue in Wow?

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I just thought I would post this video Of the Rickster for those that havent yet seen it.
On another thread that was about Adult beginners VS beginners and beyond I believe someone joked that Rickster should be thrown off for being Too GOOD!!!

Before anyone claims "cheat" on Ricksters eyebrows, he is certainly not cheating, the video is clearly OVER exposed and it is this that is making Ricksters eyebrows seem so , well, (sorry Rickster) : startling!

Nikolas: Thank you for coming over from PC where your opinions and skills as a musician/composer are so well respected to weigh in here with your thoughts.

I would like to mention to you that I said the same to the person that Pmed me: vis a vis that on less than adequate camcorders/phones/etc often the frame rate is poor to say the least.
I went on to say that I know of many videos both here on PW and on youtube/ the internet that I know for a certainty are absolutely genuine, yet these videos dont capture the hands and finger movements to such an extent that in some cases the fingers arent even where they are meant to be for the notes that are sounding.

This wasnt the case in Dire tonics video, but I cited this point to illustrate that discrepencies do appear in genuine recordings none the less.

I believed this would give the person an acceptable "out" as I think it is always best to do that, rather than back someone into a corner with no "out" other than kicking and screaming, which I wanted to avoid.

I got a PM back that disagreed with this .

A lot of folk who played in the mendelssohn recital were attempting pieces well out of their "comfort zone" and further to the musical difficulties that had to be overcome and the steep learning curve, there were also folk who had never uploaded a video to the internet, and therefore had to learn about and then overcome technical difficulties.

For the senior amongst us, that is never easy, to some windows movie maker itself was a monster that had to be defeated, and this after the stress of getting a "reasonable" recording with less than studio quality equipment.

To call "foul" unjustly after all the time and trouble , grief and in some cases trauma that a performer has gone through to share their contribution for the enjoyment and listening pleasure of the group as a whole , is, in my totally serious opinion; both hurtful and spurious.

Dire tonic is not just a name on a forum, he is a human being with feelings, hopes, aspirations and dreams,and had worked very hard on his pieces, (just like everyone else had), and this accusation was just not cricket as we say here in the UK.

I hope that the overwhelming and justified show of support given here by all other members will go a long way to helping Dire tonic throw off these feelings of hurt,sadness, and dismay and encourage him to continue contributing pieces for our enjoyment and listening pleasure.

May that be and end of it.

Last edited by Rostosky; 05/01/13 06:42 AM.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Rostosky and everyone: I seriously hope that my posts didn't come off as insulting to dire! My point was that "S" saw something and thought something that wasn't unreasonable, due to the image quality and low frame rate.

Other than that everything else that "S" did was unacceptable by me! smile

But exactly as you say, "S" could've gotten out of this, yet (s)he feels that (s)he's right. He can believe what he wants, but now with a clock to prove it... bah... to herim! grin

DIRE: Directly to you: Despite of what has happened and even despite the support that you got, think of it this way: Your music playing was SO GOOD that you got accused that you cheated! HA to everyone! "S" thinks that your video and your music is too good! Great then!

As a professional and a rather public figure (definitely not well known, but in any case quite vocal) I think that I get flamed a few times (thankfully not too frequently). Especially for my music, my performance, etc. I've decided that I can't please everyone and eventually (and to a great extent) even if I touch ONE SINGLE PERSON with my music then perhaps my job is done correctly! It's the rest who are at loss here!

So same with you! smile Cheer up, record more stuff and enjoy the music! It's all about love, life, cherish what you're doing and Mendelssohn (in this case)!

M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Nikolas

As a professional and a rather public figure (definitely not well known, but in any case quite vocal) I think that I get flamed a few times (thankfully not too frequently). Especially for my music, my performance, etc. I've decided that I can't please everyone and eventually (and to a great extent) even if I touch ONE SINGLE PERSON with my music then perhaps my job is done correctly! It's the rest who are at loss here!
This is really the key to being a musician. In a way, we have to be thick-skinned. Even the best musicians of all time got horribly criticized. *They* aren't the people you are doing this for.

Last edited by Morodiene; 05/01/13 08:56 AM.

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Rostosky and everyone: I seriously hope that my posts didn't come off as insulting to dire! My point was that "S" saw something and thought something that wasn't unreasonable, due to the image quality and low frame rate.

Of course your post didnt come accross as insulting Nikolas, I understood it and understood the spirit in which it was said.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
A
A
With online gaming, to be called a cheater by another player is kind of like a compliment. You play so well that someone thinks the only logical explanation is that you cheated. I'd take the compliment and move on.

David Lanz - Skyline Firedance Suite
Nobuo Uematsu - Final Fantasy 7 Main Theme
[Linked Image]
D
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
D
Rostosky and everyone: I seriously hope that my posts didn't come off as insulting to dire!

Not at all Nikolas, on the contrary, I completely agree with you. It’s perfectly understandable that S’s suspicions were aroused. What followed from that was unfortunate.

The matter should be allowed to rest.

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by dire tonic
Rostosky and everyone: I seriously hope that my posts didn't come off as insulting to dire!

Not at all Nikolas, on the contrary, I completely agree with you. It’s perfectly understandable that S’s suspicions were aroused. What followed from that was unfortunate.

The matter should be allowed to rest.

If you want to close the discussion, you could notify the moderators and ask them to close the thread.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

D
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by casinitaly

If you want to close the discussion, you could notify the moderators and ask them to close the thread.

Cheryl, I expect it will just expire soon anyway... no problem..

M
M
Originally Posted by casinitaly

Cheryl, I expect it will just expire soon anyway... no problem..

...if people stop posting. Doh! I'm part of the problem!! whistle

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Z
Z
Ok the thread is now closed.

From Singapore with love...
B

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014
1000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014
1000 Post Club Member
B
The charge is that I recorded my piece using midi and that I sped up the result artificially by 30%.

I think that their brain is just 30% slow. Especially in regards to how I spend my time on the internet, I live by the following mantra: "If it doesn't make you money and/or it doesn't make you happy, don't do it. Life's too short."

N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by ElleC
... I don't have to justify myself to anyone who's already made up their mind about me. ...

Absolutely true. To thine own self be true. It doesn't matter what someone else 'thinks' if it is something you 'know'.

Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission