2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
43 members (AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, Carey, danno858, 9 invisible), 1,245 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Ragdoll - Great first recording! I enjoyed your playing and that is a very beautiful tune.

Thanks SwissMS,

I put another (same song) on my page because I inadvertently posted a "practice recording" that I wasn't too happy with. Wanted a better version up there blush Glad you enjoyed it.

Ragdoll

At first, she only flew when she thought no one was watching.

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hi Cathy, see my response to SwissMS. Thanks for your kind words.

Ragdoll

[Linked Image]
A
AimeeO Offline OP

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline

500 Post Club Member
A
Ragdoll, well done!! That's a pretty piece, and it flows nice and smooth. You do it justice! Congratulations!
(and I'm so glad you overcame the technology portion, as it can be a real pain.)

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by EdwardianPiano

blush What earlofmar and Wayne uploaded were really good- enjoyed listening to them. I am an absolute beginner- so this is not very good! I was practising Scarborough Fair as I was thinking of polishing that to record and upload, but this impro came out instead...

https://www.box.com/s/x2xo3v48ciopu8oxvqs8

Probably doesn't help that I'm feeling a bit squiffy today.

Pretty darned good for a newbie feeling squffy! I think it's a great way to learn, to be able to go a bit outside the box and improv on what you are learning.

Last edited by Peyton; 04/29/13 05:59 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Ragdoll, well done!! That's a pretty piece, and it flows nice and smooth. You do it justice! Congratulations!

Thanks AimeeO,
This is a good place for beginners to post their first.
(and I'm so glad you overcame the technology portion, as it can be a real pain.)

To say nothing of the dreaded RedDot grin

Ragdoll

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Ragdoll
I never heard this piece before- what's it called?

It's "Lunar Eclipse" from Fabers Piano Adventures (3A I think). Thanks for the kind words.

Is it a piece written for the piano book? It's nice.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by stumbler
Regrets.

BTW I wonder how Sisyphus would fare regarding a box account.

I must admit I am perplexed at the Sisyphus reference- checked out this is a Greek myth...but cannot make the links somehow...I am quite tired tonight...

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
EdwardianPiano - Really nice improv! The forward motion of the music really kept the interest.

Thank you Swiss MS- I had another pop at it for about 4 mins, so knackered tonight feel like I need to sleep for a century.... Anyhow think a few variations were trying to come on and even a little trilling. Thursday is a no work day so can play piano all afternoon if I want hurrah!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Peyton

blush What earlofmar and Wayne uploaded were really good- enjoyed listening to them. I am an absolute beginner- so this is not very good! I was practising Scarborough Fair as I was thinking of polishing that to record and upload, but this impro came out instead...

https://www.box.com/s/x2xo3v48ciopu8oxvqs8

Probably doesn't help that I'm feeling a bit squiffy today.

Pretty darned good for a newbie feeling squffy! I think it's a great way to learn, to be able to go a bit outside the box and improv on what you are learning.

Many thanks for your kind words Peyton! I had overdone it on the cajun beans I think. I played Cecil Piano to try to take my mind off my churning tummy. LOL.

P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
I never heard this piece before- what's it called?

It's "Lunar Eclipse" from Fabers Piano Adventures (3A I think). Thanks for the kind words.

Is it a piece written for the piano book? It's nice.

Yes, it's by Nancy Faber. (One half of Nancy and Randall Faber, the team who created Piano Adventures.) She wrote a lot of the music in Piano Adventures.

Piano Career Academy - Ilinca Vartic teaches the Russian school of piano playing
Musical-U - guidance for increasing musicality
Theta Music Trainer - fun ear training games

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
Edwardian Piano --- you've been misleading us about your ability my dear! That was good fun and a pleasure to listen to. It was a poem of tones indeed!

Amaruk - your son is adorable and talented. I also see he was playing the music by memory and just reading the words! I'm blown away and wish him great success with his musical future.

Wayne33 - Most enjoyable! (loved the background sound effects too!)

Dynamobt--- I could listen to this type of music all day. Delightfully played!

Ragdoll - Great dreamy piece, you captured the magical quality of the eclipse - and loved those cross overs!

This thread is going great guns! I hope those of you who have summoned the courage to post here will now consider joining in the Piano Bar or the ABF recitals..one of which is going to open for submissions tomorrow!!!

smile

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

What a wonderful start to this thread, enjoyed listening to all the recordings very much.
Ragdoll I look forward to the day I reach that level on PA, a lovely piece.

It will be happened; it shall be going to be happening; it will be was an event that could will have been taken place in the future. Simple as that.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Yes, it's in the PA "lesson book 3A". I had hoped it would be in the performance book too, possibly an enhanced version but it isn't there.

Ragdoll

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I must admit I am perplexed at the Sisyphus reference- checked out this is a Greek myth...but cannot make the links somehow...

Each time he rolled the boulder to the top it rolled back on him. Kinda like when we practice something wrong for a couple days, then discover we've wasted a couple days. Or polish something new and then freeze when trying to record it. grin

Ragdoll

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Ragdoll - Great dreamy piece, you captured the magical quality of the eclipse - and loved those cross overs!

Thanks Cheryl, it's not very hard to learn. wink I still have to polish up the pedaling.

Ragdoll

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
What a wonderful start to this thread, enjoyed listening to all the recordings very much.
Ragdoll I look forward to the day I reach that level on PA, a lovely piece.

Hi Dulcetta,
I bet you'll get there before you expect to.

Ragdoll

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Edwardian Piano --- you've been misleading us about your ability my dear! That was good fun and a pleasure to listen to. It was a poem of tones indeed!

Well thank you casinitaly! I had a little noodle again with it earlier- and some more variations evolved. I might show it to my teacher in Friday's lesson.

Last edited by EdwardianPiano; 05/01/13 05:00 PM.
A
AimeeO Offline OP

500 Post Club Member
OP Offline

500 Post Club Member
A

Thanks AimeeO,
This is a good place for beginners to post their first.

To say nothing of the dreaded RedDot grin

That Red Dot. The way I tense up for it, you'd think I was playing for the entire world!

I'm so proud of all of our submissions so far! We have quite the pool of talent!

I wonder who'll be next? smile

R

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014
2000 Post Club Member
R
I thought I would ask first. Partly to patronize the thread. Partly... I have a simple piece of music from Alfred's 1. I liked it. I also went on and changed it. My teacher wanted to hear it how I changed it. She liked what I did. So I thought maybe I would record it and upload it here. Which I'll have to figure out. My Cantabile software that Ivory runs on is a little flaky as far as doing recording. It's a cut down version of Cantabile. Also not sure my computer can do recording on audacity and run ivory at the same time. Geesh... I really don't want to buy a little recorder right now. Would be handy. Any suggestions?
The song I changed is at the top of page 51. Love Somebody. So many people have played it. Easily familiar. Would like to know what people think of my change. Yes it is a simple little piece. Nothing impressive.

Ron
Your brain is a sponge. Keep it wet. Mary Gae George
The focus of your personal practice is discipline. Not numbers. Scott Sonnon
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
rnaple, there are several ways:
Obviously you are using a DP therefore does your DP not have a recording function? - for once you have a midi file there are other things you can do.

1.If you can't get a midi file of your piece you could download Pianissimo which is a 14 day trial of a much cheaper version of the Ivory product and record to that (I quite like the sound of this virtual piano)

http://www.acoustica.com/pianissimo/download.htm

2. If you can get a midi file of your piece then you could upload it to Truepianos which will within five minutes send it back to you played on their virtual piano (I think Truepianos sounds is better than Pianissimo but it's subjective)

3. Option 3 is to load another piano plug in to Cantabile - I have 4Front Piano plug in which is acceptable but not as good as aforementioned.

http://www.4front-tech.com/proaudio-download.html

4. There is quite a detailed explanation of virtual instruments you may find helpful.

http://www.pianoclues.com/2008/03/15/how-to-use-virtual-instruments-with-your-digital-piano/

Good luck and look forward to hearing your piece.

Surprisingly easy, barely an inconvenience.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission