2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (AndyOnThePiano2, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, Colin Miles, 36251, 11 invisible), 2,157 guests, and 357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2070668 04/25/13 01:13 PM
mpmusic Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

I just want to share my new work for piano! A nocturne in F major smile

Suggestions and constructive criticism are welcome as always!

Sheet music is available on my website.

Thank you,
Miguel

Last edited by mpmusic; 04/25/13 01:14 PM.

http://www.miguelmotapinto.com/
http://youtube.com/user/miguelmotapinto

"Music is the key to understand the universe..."
D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Very nice. In terms of composition, you might get better feedback in the composer's forum. But I enjoyed listening to it.

From a visual standpoint-- your hands must be significantly larger than mine. Some of the fingerings you used, and some of the notes you held would be painful for me (and a couple of them I'm not even sure I could reach). Was it really comfortable for you to play CFA with 321?

Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.
mpmusic Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Derulux
Very nice. In terms of composition, you might get better feedback in the composer's forum. But I enjoyed listening to it.

From a visual standpoint-- your hands must be significantly larger than mine. Some of the fingerings you used, and some of the notes you held would be painful for me (and a couple of them I'm not even sure I could reach). Was it really comfortable for you to play CFA with 321?

Thank you! My hands are not very large I play the 9th with difficulty... CFA with 321, well it's a question of practice I think, at beginning was difficult but now it flows naturally. Only the G D G Bb with 5 3 2 1 is still not very comfortable to play for me.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Really relaxing to listen to Miguel, and has a Chopinesque feel! A beautiful melody with lots of interesting variations and builds nicely. I'm only a beginner so not good at musical descriptions but it makes me feel good and that's what good music does...you ought to record it onto a CD. I think you have real talent. And only 19 years old!

Last edited by EdwardianPiano; 04/25/13 05:08 PM.
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
bloody brilliant - sorry that's as critical as I can get

Surprisingly easy, barely an inconvenience.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
mpmusic Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by EdwardianPiano
Really relaxing to listen to Miguel, and has a Chopinesque feel! A beautiful melody with lots of interesting variations and builds nicely. I'm only a beginner so not good at musical descriptions but it makes me feel good and that's what good music does...you ought to record it onto a CD. I think you have real talent. And only 19 years old!

Thank you smile I need some more years of piano practicing to be able to record a CD, but maybe one day smile

mpmusic Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by earlofmar
bloody brilliant - sorry that's as critical as I can get

Thank you smile

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
I was going to open the score and give you some feedback on it, but I happened to open the PDF in a new tab, then tried to copy and paste the link back into this browser window. I then was told that I had "reached my download limit" for the file and advised to come back in 23 hours and 59 minutes. Not very helpful.

Regards,

Polyphonist
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Polyphonist
I was going to open the score and give you some feedback on it, but I happened to open the PDF in a new tab, then tried to copy and paste the link back into this browser window. I then was told that I had "reached my download limit" for the file and advised to come back in 23 hours and 59 minutes. Not very helpful.

That's odd- never come across that before. Hope you can download it!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by mpmusic

Thank you smile I need some more years of piano practicing to be able to record a CD, but maybe one day smile

Honestly Miguel- that is a really good piece of music! I bet you are grade 8! I will have to have a look at your other pieces on your channel.

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P

That's odd- never come across that before. Hope you can download it!

It's a feature he put on his website for whatever reason. I'd say it's not a very good idea...

Yes, I can download it...in 23 hours and 38 minutes.

Regards,

Polyphonist
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Reminds me of my old windows xp desktop that took twenty minutes to half an hour to download a music mp3 from Amazon!

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
Reminds me of my old windows xp desktop that took twenty minutes to half an hour to download a music mp3 from Amazon!

No, it's not my computer, it's his website. He's locked the PDF so that you can only load the pages once every 24 hours.
Isn't it special? Only 23 hours and 20 minutes to go now until I can open it again! mad

Regards,

Polyphonist
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Yeah I got that...just was remembering how long it used to take me to download things on that old thing I used to have.

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
I remember my first computer. It took hours to boot a 2 minute Youtube video (okay, that was a slight exaggeration grin ).

Only 23 hours and 13 minutes now!

Regards,

Polyphonist
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I remember my first computer. It took hours to boot a 2 minute Youtube video (okay, that was a slight exaggeration grin ).

Only 23 hours and 13 minutes now!

That xp desktop wasn't far off that Polyphonist! It was such a relief to get this netbook and give the old thing in to the computer man for recycling.

mpmusic Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry, 24h it's probably exaggerated... I changed to 5 minutes, you should be able to download it now smile

I did that limitation only to control the number of downloads because if one person decided to download the pdf hundreds of times with a script this will prevent that.

Last edited by mpmusic; 04/26/13 03:49 AM.

mpmusic Offline OP
OP Offline

Honestly Miguel- that is a really good piece of music! I bet you are grade 8! I will have to have a look at your other pieces on your channel.

I don't follow grades but I would be in grade 2 or 3 I guess smile I hope some day I can play things like Chopin nocturnes and beethoven sonatas and some Rachmaninoff, Liszt, Bach, Mozart, Schubert, ect.
I have a very long way to go to reach that level. But I will reach it! smile

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by mpmusic
Sorry, 24h it's probably exaggerated... I changed to 5 minutes, you should be able to download it now smile

I did that limitation only to control the number of downloads because if one person decided to download the pdf hundreds of times with a script this will prevent that.

5 minutes is much more sensible. Will be looking at it tomorrow; I'm going to bed now. smile

Regards,

Polyphonist
P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
I don't understand the limitation. Why would someone download the PDF hundreds of times with a script? If they want hundreds of copies, download it once and copy the file hundreds of times. Or download it once and print it hundreds of times.

Piano Career Academy - Ilinca Vartic teaches the Russian school of piano playing
Musical-U - guidance for increasing musicality
Theta Music Trainer - fun ear training games
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission