Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
Who's Online Now
110 registered members (andrea monza, ando, anotherscott, accordeur, Bach_ingMaddie, Anita Potter, 23 invisible), 1,316 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
#2123842 - 07/27/13 02:16 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: jotur]  
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 61
Forstergirl Offline
Full Member
Forstergirl  Offline
Full Member

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 61
Ontario
Hey Mr. Square!

No idiot played that piece after four months. You may have to step down as founding member of the Idiot's Club.

Well done.

Forstergirl

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2123868 - 07/27/13 03:29 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: diodor]  
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 432
Palmpirate Offline
Full Member
Palmpirate  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 432
B.C.Canada
Originally Posted by diodor
self taught practice

Amazing! Really well done! I must get that out and try again. And you did that all by yourself! can't wait to hear more.


[Linked Image]

#2124268 - 07/28/13 01:18 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 806
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
AimeeO  Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013


Joined: May 2010
Posts: 806
New Orleans
Great job, didor! You're a great teacher hehehe Thanks for sharing! smile

#2125343 - 07/30/13 01:19 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 29
Mae L Offline
Full Member
Mae L  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 29
Ontario, Canada
My first video for PW. Bach - Prelude in C+. I recorded it twice, one is in slower tempo and another is faster. Let me know which one you like more, or both suck. smile I personally like the slower one as I was more into the music that day, but a friend of mind like the faster one somehow.

About myself, I have been learning piano for more than 2.5 years and luckily passed the RCM grade 4 with an honors a year ago. (although my sight-reading and listening skills are pretty bad!)

Anyway, all comments are welcome. smile

faster one: http://youtu.be/82sBr-DJJOg

slower one: http://youtu.be/mfN8ZEYWdqs

~Mae

Last edited by Mae L; 07/30/13 01:23 PM.
(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
#2125350 - 07/30/13 01:42 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,637
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
sinophilia  Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014


Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,637
Italy
diodor, that was lovely! I have that piece printed and ready to be tackled sooner or later, but not yet...



Diana & Wally - Yamaha W110BW
To create a beautiful sound, one must imagine it at first and then learn to produce fluid physical motions that breathe life into music. (Shirley Kirsten)
http://soundcloud.com/sinophilia
[Linked Image]
#2125363 - 07/30/13 02:13 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 806
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
AimeeO  Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013


Joined: May 2010
Posts: 806
New Orleans
Welcome, Mae!

That's such a great piece, and marvelously played. Welcome to Ecco Fatto!

Both sounded lovely. As far as speed goes, that's one of those where my tempo preference depends on my mood smile Today I liked the fast one, but ask me again tomorrow, and I might tell you something else!

#2125746 - 07/31/13 07:50 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 29
Mae L Offline
Full Member
Mae L  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 29
Ontario, Canada
Thanks AimeeO. Ecco Fatto Cafe is a great forum thread.

#2125950 - 07/31/13 02:32 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 806
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
AimeeO  Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013


Joined: May 2010
Posts: 806
New Orleans
I really am pleased that you (and others!)feel comfortable sharing here, Mae. Hopefully it is confidence-building!


#2127537 - 08/03/13 03:22 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 12
Boostybleep Offline
Junior Member
Boostybleep  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 12
Mexico
Here is my first recording of serious note. A little piece from Piano Marvel call Satin Gloves. This was a first take since this is Ecco Fatto. No bum notes but lots of little mistakes with accents etc.

Its recorded using a Roland Fantom X8 on piano mode with UltimateGrand. Recorded using Sonar and converted to MP3 with Audacity.

Enjoy, or maybe not. Comments welcome.

http://soundcloud.com/boostybleep/satinmp3


#2127627 - 08/03/13 06:27 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,206
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014
rnaple  Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014


Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,206
Rocky Mountains
Welcome, Mae L . To more than the ecco fatto thread. Hope you'll post on the recital and piano bar threads.

Welcome Boostybleep... That was nice and enjoyable. Hope you'll enjoy the ABF forum and participate.


Ron
Your brain is a sponge. Keep it wet. Mary Gae George
The focus of your personal practice is discipline. Not numbers. Scott Sonnon
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
#2127634 - 08/03/13 06:41 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: rnaple]  
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 12
Boostybleep Offline
Junior Member
Boostybleep  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 12
Mexico
Originally Posted by rnaple
Welcome, Mae L . To more than the ecco fatto thread. Hope you'll post on the recital and piano bar threads.

Welcome Boostybleep... That was nice and enjoyable. Hope you'll enjoy the ABF forum and participate.


Thank you for being gentle with me.

#2127675 - 08/03/13 08:12 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,390
jotur Offline
Gold Level
jotur  Offline
Gold Level

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,390
Santa Fe, NM
Boostybleep - what a nice recording! Very clean, light and airy. Congratulations on this.

Cathy


Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Practice what you suck at - anonymous
#2127737 - 08/03/13 10:15 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: rnaple]  
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 29
Mae L Offline
Full Member
Mae L  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 29
Ontario, Canada
Hello rnaples,
Thanks for your kind words. I want to listen to yours too. I'll definitely try to participate in the piano bar and the recital later on. It is fun and those are great outlets for pianists and piano pupils to help keep their works going. I'm practicing some new age music along with the classical discipline. smile
~Mae

#2127738 - 08/03/13 10:18 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Boostybleep]  
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 29
Mae L Offline
Full Member
Mae L  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 29
Ontario, Canada
Hi boostybleep,
I enjoyed listening to it. ~Mae

#2127774 - 08/04/13 12:34 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,169
earlofmar Online content
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Online Content
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,169
Australia
Nice playing of the Bach Prelude in C Mae L, thanks for sharing. I preferred the slower version, I think you get a little more room to be expressive when played slower.


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2127859 - 08/04/13 07:38 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: earlofmar]  
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 29
Mae L Offline
Full Member
Mae L  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 29
Ontario, Canada
Hi Earlofmar,
Thanks for listening/watching. I wanna listen to yours too... i like the slow one too as i was more into the music n imagination when I played the slow one. For the faster one, I felt like I just wanna press the right buttons and get the job done that day...
~Mae

#2128105 - 08/04/13 06:58 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,169
earlofmar Online content
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Online Content
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,169
Australia
Mae L, you can listen to my attempt at this classic here. I struggled to play even at the slower speed but I had only been playing for under six months. I would like to return to this piece in the future and improve on my performance.


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2128114 - 08/04/13 07:13 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,169
earlofmar Online content
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Online Content
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,169
Australia
Excellent work there Boostybleep, I didn't hear any mistakes just precision playing.....well done


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2129636 - 08/07/13 11:18 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 806
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
AimeeO  Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013


Joined: May 2010
Posts: 806
New Orleans
Nice one, Bootsybleep! That's a neat little tune. I don't know the accents, so it sounded pretty flawless to me.

Welcome! And well done smile

#2130381 - 08/09/13 11:53 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 12
Boostybleep Offline
Junior Member
Boostybleep  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 12
Mexico
Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. I try to listen to a lot of the recordings here but dont feel I have the experience to comment or critique other than say I rather enjoy most of them. Next up something in the piano bar I suspect.

Boostybleep

#2164220 - 10/10/13 12:02 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 806
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
AimeeO  Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013


Joined: May 2010
Posts: 806
New Orleans
Ok it's been a while... anyone ready to take a leap?

#2164318 - 10/10/13 06:33 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 887
barbaram Offline
500 Post Club Member
barbaram  Offline

500 Post Club Member

Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 887
What a great thread. When /if I can make the time to figure out how to make a recording AND polish one of my nearly-there pieces for recording, this is *definitely* where I will start.

#2164323 - 10/10/13 06:48 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: barbaram]  
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,390
jotur Offline
Gold Level
jotur  Offline
Gold Level

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,390
Santa Fe, NM
We're looking forward to it. There's lots of folks here willing to help with how to record, too, so feel free to ask.

Cathy


Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Practice what you suck at - anonymous
#2181956 - 11/13/13 10:13 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 88
Bamburg Offline
Full Member
Bamburg  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 88
So, no one has used this thread in a while and I had to email a recording to my teacher, so I figured I'd give this a shot. I've only been playing around 5 months, and I think this song is a bit above me, but here it is anyway. It's called Heather by Dennis Alexander, and I've only had it a day so it's probably pretty rough! I'm mostly wanting to make sure I set up the dropbox stuff right, but any comments on my playing are welcome too of course.


https://www.dropbox.com/s/5azyxk9nd54ldyy/Piano%202.m4a

edit: this is only the first ~half of the song actually, whoops

Last edited by Bamburg; 11/13/13 10:31 PM.
#2181965 - 11/13/13 10:31 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,390
jotur Offline
Gold Level
jotur  Offline
Gold Level

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,390
Santa Fe, NM
Bamburg - when I click on the link it says I have to sign in frown Is there a "public share" link or something like that? I'd love to hear your piece. You'll be so glad you've recorded it, 4 or 5 years from now smile I've been listening to old recital pieces of mine this evening, and even I can tell I've improved!

Cathy


Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Practice what you suck at - anonymous
#2181968 - 11/13/13 10:31 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 88
Bamburg Offline
Full Member
Bamburg  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 88
Fixed.

#2181980 - 11/13/13 10:44 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,390
jotur Offline
Gold Level
jotur  Offline
Gold Level

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,390
Santa Fe, NM
Thanks. That was beautiful! Very lyrical and musical - what a great way to start your recording history - I'm glad you got this thread going again. Well worth listening to.

Cathy


Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Practice what you suck at - anonymous
#2182017 - 11/13/13 11:28 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,169
earlofmar Online content
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Online Content
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,169
Australia
Bamburg that sounded excellent and only five months wow


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2182063 - 11/14/13 01:09 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 806
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
AimeeO  Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013


Joined: May 2010
Posts: 806
New Orleans
Wow! That was very good! Only thing I didn't like was that we didn't get to hear all of it smile

Thanks so much Bamburg, I enjoyed that!

#2182087 - 11/14/13 03:38 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]  
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 88
Bamburg Offline
Full Member
Bamburg  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 88
Thank you for the kind words. Maybe I'll post the entire thing when it's a bit more polished. I should probably find a better place for my microphone as well, that sound quality is awful!

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  BB Player, casinitaly 

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.


Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Pearl River Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas


New Topics - Multiple Forums
Torn between Kawai CE220 and Roland HP 603
by kermit_xc. 12/11/17 08:27 PM
Learning to play 2 independant hands/ voices
by Bernie_Ess. 12/11/17 06:37 PM
Any Moog PianoBar users here?
by Dnsmo. 12/11/17 05:47 PM
Why I love and hate the internet.
by JayWalkingBlues. 12/11/17 04:32 PM
Thought I was retired!
by synthnut. 12/11/17 04:07 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics183,220
Posts2,678,483
Members89,264
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers


 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |


copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0