2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Who's Online Now
41 members (CyberGene, Anglagard44, DPAfficionado, clothearednincompo, Boboulus, David Boyce, 12 invisible), 481 guests, and 449 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Ever experienced electronic failure of Digital Piano?
EssBrace #2066687 04/18/13 05:10 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by EssBrace
With reference to pianoworldanon Mike, why bother?

People like this will NEVER be happy! The best thing that can happen for Casio is that he gets rid of his AP620 and moves on to harass another unsuspecting manufacturer (on a public forum). You've only got to read the first post in this thread with him barking out orders about how his question can or cannot be answered to know that he is just going to be completely unreasonable. The moment you got in touch privately and made the kind offer you have of getting this sorted for him he should've stopped all this whinging and publicly acknowledged that you are looking after him and his piano's problem.

If the head of a large company sent me personal messages offering assistance or came to my home to respond to a problem I would give them kudos for doing so and I would praise them from the rooftops. Some people are never happy Mike...

TROLL ELSE WHERE!

(ad)
Sweetwater Sale
Sweetwater Sale
pianoworldanon #2066700 04/18/13 05:35 PM
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by pianoworldanon
TROLL ELSE WHERE!

Irony, dead, etc.

Honestly, it must be pure agony to be in a product support role with a couple of nitpicky-to-a-fault customers consuming all of your time chasing ghosts in the machine.

dewster #2066713 04/18/13 06:02 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by dewster
Originally Posted by pianoworldanon
TROLL ELSE WHERE!

Irony, dead, etc.

Honestly, it must be pure agony to be in a product support role with a couple of nitpicky-to-a-fault customers consuming all of your time chasing ghosts in the machine.

Give me the job of customer support and product improvement to any company (minus the politics) and I would contribute in many times over my salary. I have a natural knack of spotting trends, product improvement, improvement in support and workflow, and love to dig in to find root cause.

I've recommended before that the boards should be made so that it can easily be taken out of the piano and swapped through the mail instead of sending techs or have customers drive x # of hours to the service stations. Two trips are the minimum requirement. I think everybody would be happy, and honestly, there's no reason for customers to go digging into the pianos if there's nothing wrong with it, therefore, there's no reason why Companies shouldn't allow customers to swap out the parts themselves. If there's adjustments of the keyboard, then that's an entirely different story which does justify more service. Due to the piano's heavy weight, it is the right thing to do to implement mail order swap. It does not take a scientist to follow simple instructions on what to disconnect and what to plug in if it's designed right.

I wrote to Mike and we'll see if he can send someone out to replace this board or let me replace it provided they still honor the warranty. The more I think about it, the more I think it's nutty to have me unscrew the piano, haul it into my car, drive, and leave my piano to a site, go home, wait for the tech to order the parts, then I drive back to pick it up, haul it home, re-install it, and hope it works. All this to replace a board that weighs less than 1 pound. smile From what I've heard, some companies void the warranty and don't let customer replace the parts because they are afraid of being sued for electric shock. I don't know if this is valid concern.

Last edited by pianoworldanon; 04/18/13 06:38 PM.
Mike_Martin #2066716 04/18/13 06:07 PM
P
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Mike_Martin
PV88,
I personally came to your home and spent hours. Other Casio employees have been to your home. We replaced your AP-620 and your old one was brought back to Casio HQ where it has been played and played. Never while I was at your home were we able to duplicate for me. Never have we duplicated it with your old AP-620 which sits in a room down the hall from my office and gets played often. I believe you provided me with a recording where one note sounded out after everything else. That could be caused by a problem with the sustain or more likely the middle pedal, the sostenuto which you could be inadvertently playing, there could be other reasons but a recording is not enough to go on. I asked for other backup, including MIDI data from the AP-620 using its own built in recorder, we've never received that. Only a GarageBand file which unfortunately does not provide a way to actually see all the MIDI data that the AP-620 produces. If you can duplicate it, I'll come to your house again to see it and if its true we'll get to the heart of the issue. We stand by our products.

Update:

Please note that I no longer own any Casio's as I sold the PX-130 to a private seller and traded in the AP-620 for a new Kawai CA95.

As I now have:

1) Roland V-Piano
2) Kawai CA95
3) Kawai EP3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Our October 2020 Free Piano Newsletter is Here!
---------------------
3,000,000+!
------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
New Topics - Multiple Forums
K. Kawai piano. Best tuning,
by Maximillyan - 11/29/20 03:22 AM
Dual-sensor vs Triple-sensor Actions
by Almaviva - 11/29/20 12:14 AM
Disklavier parts needed for Yamaha Mark 3 Disklavier
by Dfrankjazz - 11/28/20 10:52 PM
Pandemic a boon for piano stores?
by doremi - 11/28/20 10:37 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics203,122
Posts3,028,368
Members99,409
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission