2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (brennbaer, Bellyman, Barly, 1957, btcomm, Animisha, bobrunyan, 14 invisible), 1,974 guests, and 346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 337 of 370 1 2 335 336 337 338 339 369 370
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Are royal fireworks different than fireworks for the common folk?
Apart from the royals doing drawings on them before they set them off into outer space.
I know the queen did a cartoon of diana on a very large rocket and set it off herself into space, lighting the blue touchpaper with hair stolen from dianas hairbrush.

this is the sort of voodoo rituals that the royals do to put bad ju ju on their enemies.

anyways, soon it will be grand national weekend and a bet or three may well be in order.

I would like to win big time on the national OR even better the lottery, euro millions, but would want to be paid out in pounds sterling or gold.

Then I could be a really annoying nuisance on a much bigger scale, i could lord it over my servants and have maids.

i would demand things that pleased me and folk would want to get me the things so that they could ingratiate themselves in the hope of getting some of my money.

Of course i would only pay them minimum wage or even better i could employ eastern european illegal immigrants for less than the minimum wage and they would have to try very hard and work like crazy just to keep their job.

I would hire paul mac cart and horse to play a private function and pay a selected audience of hired homeless folk to throw buns at him and boo and hiss, right from the first second he limped on stage, before he even sang a note, just total booing.
when I say pay, what I mean is give them a few special brews and cheapo iced diamond cider about 90 p a tin.

I only started having these bad thoughts since the new next door neighbours moved in and bad reiki started drifting over the garden wall from their property.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I was searching music from old movies, but my knowledge of the seventh art is extremely limited smile.

So I’ve started learning a Lyric Piece by Grieg, Elegie Op 38 No 6. I’d like to choose this piece if this themed recital was finally carried out.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Are royal fireworks different than fireworks for the common folk?

Yes, theyre a lot bigger, louder and way more expensive!

If the piano is the King of instruments then I am its loyal servant.
My blog:
https://mymusictree.blogspot.com/

Currently on Barratt Classic Piano Course book 1
Casio AP450

My Facebook Piano Group
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by zrtf90
Here then, finally, are pictures of my new Kawai CA95 set up in my own little corner of the world

[Linked Image]

I'm providing mp3 files on Box so that you can hear what it sounds like should you feel the need.

Seven weeks in and the new toy has lost none of its magic. It's such a blast to play it without headphones. It's so alive; the whole instrument resonates, the stool resonates, guitars across the room join in and my whole body can feel the bass end when it plays.

Playing into the room I can look out of the window over the Wicklow mountains while I'm playing or put up the lyre and practise from a score.

The keyboard is just as I remember my first piano that had genuine ivory keys but the dynamic range is larger. This thing plays quietly too, the real one didn't.

After 24 years with the Clavinova and not having owned an acoustic since 1995 it's so good to hear notes lingering at the end of piece instead fizzling out in a matter of seconds. The Liszt Consolation is the piece I missed it the most and it gives me such joy now to hear the last chords slowly die away at the end instead of having to imagine it.

The performances have not been prepared with the attention to detail I'd have given them in a recital proper but I have provided them with band-aid attention after thirty odd years of abuse. These are some of the pieces I have ready to play at the drop of a hat should I find myself at a piano in company. Of course, a recording needs more care than a live performance and signs of wear are showing through in places but I think they're nice enough.

Chopin Nocturne in Eb, Op. 9 No. 2 (5.5 MB)

Brahms Waltz in B, Op. 39 No. 1 (1.3 MB)

Liszt Consolation No. 3 (5.5 MB)

Wow I just saw this, lovely! Congrats!

If the piano is the King of instruments then I am its loyal servant.
My blog:
https://mymusictree.blogspot.com/

Currently on Barratt Classic Piano Course book 1
Casio AP450

My Facebook Piano Group
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

Hope everyone's well, smile

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Here's a beautiful version for trumpet and piano of the lullaby from the seven Spanish songs by Falla.

Btw, where is Griffin? I hope he's just busy and doing well. I miss his posts.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
we all do Recaredo, we all do, I believe he did say he was going to be very very busy big time, so i havent hassled him by pm or anything, but I guess I should check in with him to make sure all is well.

Been caught up in the mendelssohn thang!!

laters dudes and dudettes.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Let us know what he's up to Rossy, if you don't have any joy by PM, I could stalk him with a YT message wink

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I noticed some "Griffin activity" on YT, so he is still with us smile

What are folks up to? Wayne's taking time-out from everything tonight, been real busy with "stuff" and Mendelssohn, infact I now have hair like rapunzel, need to sort myself out lol smile

Just doing supper, havin' a few beers, will leave the stressin' 'till 2moz wink

Not been many musical postings of late, what are people listen' to these days?

xxx

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Pure talent smile

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
One last post, then I'm off smile Laters folks wink

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013
500 Post Club Member
Hi guise! [waves]

Hope you're all keeping well, and glad to see you are dipping in and out, Wayne.

Sorry to have been away... Work, yet another bout of illness... Getting better now.

Currently working on Sweelinck's Fantasia Chromatica (or the first page of it at least) and little time for listening to much else.

The idea of a Fantasia was initially a little scary (my first!) but it's becoming more approachable, and there are some lovely sounds... I may not get beyond page two this time around.

Currently working on: F. Couperin - Preludes & Sweelinck - Fantasia Chromatica
J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
1930s upright (piano) & single manual William Foster (harpsichord)
[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Hya Eglantine, a good sunday post there, albeit very heavy and serious!!
could you explain to RST readers what you do for fun after listening to that? It must be stupendous fun if it is the counterpart to a balanced life with heavy harpsichord on one side of the scales and what on the other?
the only thing I can think of is you partied big time at trafalger square yesterday!! lol.

boo hoo nobody said " good to see old rossy dipping in and out" boo hoo...

R
R
It's so charming to see good old friends coming back to RST smile Heartiest welcome back to Eglantine and Griffin (well, he's gonna come back just in a few minutes, I guess, 'cause I've just seen him replying to Greener's post laugh ). So, just in case, Griffin needs some ICM, here is a gem I found recently smile (Others don't panic, I've some other non-ICM thingy also to share laugh )
[video:youtube]YmE-WoIzWQ0[/video]
Griffin (or anybody who is interested smile ), if you don't have enough time then just listen to the Alaap (Introduction) part, it's a pure bliss!

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Excellent Rupak, great to see you back !!! about time old chap! How is the mendelssohn going? its getting nearer !!! panic?

This is trending heavily on youtube it had 27 million views this morning and now it has 32.5 million views, mixed comments but i find it fun and amusing!!

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

Greetings everyone! Sorry I've not been available for so long. I'm still very busy with work and preparations for retirement. I don't see this ending for at least a few months. However, I just needed to stop by and let you know I'm still around.

It looks like Rupak and Eglantine have been busy too. Thanks for those postings. I'll listen a bit later today.

While I don't have much time for posting music, I came across this one. It's a tribute to the music of Rumillajta. I only heard part of it, and am hopeful that it's a decent recording. I'll try to get back here one more time today after I finish a few chores.

Enjoy!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Great to hear from the gang smile Love to you all x

R
R
Thanks Rossy, my best OLD friend laugh I'm feeling so happy and excited too to come back here! Actually I was (and still am) so frustrated about my progress in Mendelssohn that I was hiding from PWF frown The most reasonable cause for this situation is of course my work pressure, but still, I can't forgive myself when I see that I couldn't finish one little piece in about 6 months mad No Rossy, I'm still too far from finishing the piece, so instead of staying back from the recital (which I initially thought I'd have to) I've decided to record half of the piece which I probably can manage before the deadline. You can post it for the moment. Later, when I'll be completely ready I'll send you the updated link. I'm really sorry that you'd have to take double trouble for me!

Anyway, the more I think of myself I get disappointed and angry with myself nowadays frown So, it's better to share some good music smile Reminiscing the good old Sunday Classical I'm psting this (I forget where I found it, probably in PWF itself, so please excuse me if it's a double post by someone else, but it's beautiful. So can't hold to post smile ):
[video:youtube]_2u7D3wlkqU[/video]

It's Mendelssohn time! So one for Mendelssohn:
[video:youtube]ZQtLgjZCEbQ[/video]

Indeed Gilels is Gilels! It's a Heavenly performance!!!
I thought Griffin would come back here a bit later because he had some 'ventilation' problem right now, but it seems that he has found RST to be more comfortable and safer to ventilate than his 'own private place' LOL laugh Bravo! thumb laugh

Originally Posted by wayne33yrs
Great to hear from the gang

Wayne, are you talking about gangnum style? lol laugh

Last edited by Rupak Bhattacharya; 04/14/13 04:54 PM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rupak Bhattacharya
Thanks Rossy, my best OLD friend

Lol wink

.......and I meant, the gang, the crew, the folk smile and to think Rossy used to complain about my mash-ups wink

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rupak Bhattacharya
I can't forgive myself when I see that I couldn't finish one little piece in about 6 months mad

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, these are real hard (for me anyways), mine's probabily rediculous lol, but it's the best I can do. You shouldn't worry, I believe it's the effort that everyone has put in that is the beauty of these themed recitals smile

Page 337 of 370 1 2 335 336 337 338 339 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission