2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
61 members (36251, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 1957, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, accordeur, 9 invisible), 1,443 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
Thanks JimaSound,
I look forward to hearing what you think.

Stick to the Stage Settings at first on the right side of the keyboard. These all have pre-assigned controllers (sliders/knobs). Later if you want to change something or choose from the other "ingredients" you can choose from the tones on the left side.

I heard today that the 1.10 update is scheduled for Monday. cool

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
I believe this product will break new ground for Casio, and expect them to garner another award from Keyboard Magazine for offering a stage piano with a nice touch, great sounds, and unbeatable value. A number of the sound demos for the 5S show it is highly capable. Hopefully stores will have demo units to try as I never ran into a PX-3. I'm looking to unload the older Casio I have and am interested in the 5S. Hope you like your new Casio.

Last edited by galaxy4t; 04/11/13 01:10 AM.
T
T
Originally Posted by JimaSound
Hello:
... I bought a Steinway B piano ... I already own 5 other baby grand pianos and a dozen or so MIDI controllers/keyboards...

I should probably stop rambling here, throw some batteries into the PX-5S and the battery powered Roland KC-110 amp I just picked up for the 5S and go play some tunes out in the street or something....
cheers

For better of worse, when people see street performers they don't imagine that they own 5 baby grands and a Steinway, and a home that can hold all that.

I believe this is called "living the dream".

J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by JimaSound
Hello:
Just wanted to let you all know that my PX-5S was just delivered. I haven't even opened it let but wanted to thank Mike Martin (like many have done before me) for being such a great ambassador for this product. I ordered my PX-5S the day I saw Mike's first demo online at NAMM which actually was the day after I bought a Steinway B piano. I would have thought that my GAS would have been satisfied for a while with the Steinway B...especially since it is my first full size grand...I already own 5 other baby grand pianos and a dozen or so MIDI controllers/keyboards including a Casio CDP-200R and a Casio PX-330, but Mike's enthusiasm and commitment to this product is so addicting that I had to order it sight unseen. Hats off to you Mike and Casio for coming so far since the first Casio CZ-101 I had some 30 years ago.

I should probably stop rambling here, throw some batteries into the PX-5S and the battery powered Roland KC-110 amp I just picked up for the 5S and go play some tunes out in the street or something....

cheers

And ?????

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
He's still playing it.. wink

James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Good batteries !

E
EPW Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
E
I got mine yesterday. I only began playing it late last night.
Long day at work. I only used headphones and I really like the sound of the piano's.
Have to set up the PX5s with my studio monitors tonight or tomorrow.
Unfortunately, I'm off to work, so I can't play with my new toy until tonight frown

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
D
D
Can´t wait to hear what you guys think. I´m concidering importing one from the states since it will be much cheaper and the px5s won´t be here till august i was told by the distributor.

My mother would be able to bring it back for me but still anxious about taking it on a plane, at least without getting a flight case (which i wouldnt even need afterwards).
Anyone have any experience bringing keyboards on-board a plane? Or maybe sending it in its original wrapping?

X
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
X
Hopefully the local GC stocks this on the show room floor soon.

E
EPW Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
E
For the lucky ones that have received one like me, did you get a printed
manuals with it. I only got the user guide and fold-out poster, but not the manual.
If it is to come with it I could drive to Mike Martin's home and pick it up smile

The others manual is online only

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
"Anyone have any experience bringing keyboards on-board a plane?"

Sit in the middle of your plane, man. Or make sure there`s someone fat on the other side . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
E
EPW Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
E
Thanks Mike. I actually already printed out the most of the manual before
I got the unit. I'll finish printing the last 15 or so pages that I didn't print
and put in a 3-ring binder.

From the little I played with it last night and this morning I can say the
PX5S is really deep in what it can do.

Will the PC editor make it easier to edit the patches?

P.S.
Thanks Mike for answering all our questions.

The editor shows you more at once but there isn't anything that can't be done from the front panel. It will be released next week with the firmware update.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
My installation is getting a dedicated iPad, so I'm looking forward to the tools! Two probably obvious RTFM-ish questions, Mike:

- What is the firmware update process? Hopefully done via the USB stick... I occasionally get products that require a Windows PC serial port, and that's a pain here.

- How "robust" is the headphone output? I see the two jacks, which I assume are parallel for two sets of cans, but I'm wondering if the Sennheiser HD 598 will be happy (I know the 600 and 650 generally require amping). Haven't ordered it yet, but finger is hovering over the CHECKOUT button. I think the open-backs with great soundstage and little coloring will be nice unless I'm mixing with mic sources, then I can switch to my cheapie closed cans. (Reading headphone-centric forums is maddening... not only are there a wide range of contextual applications that affect perception, but it's like any community that gets highly specialized, yielding so much information and deep analysis that it becomes a rabbit hole of pre-purchase decision research. Don't want to hijack this thread with that topic; the question is specific to output drive level... I suspect it's not an issue at all.)

My PX-5S arrives Monday! It's gonna be a long, long weekend...
Steve

Last edited by Nomadness; 04/12/13 02:56 PM.

Aboard Datawake in the San Juan Islands
(with boat piano)
Nomadic Research Labs
The firmware update is done from a "USB Stick".

As for the headphone I've never heard anyone complain about the volume level on any Privia product. I use Sony MDR-7506 and never had an issue with lack of volume. wink

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
Great on both - thanks!

By the way, I'm probably echoing other sentiments that pepper this thread, but just want you to know... my decision on buying the PX-5S unseen was driven by a number of factors, a significant one of which is your active presence in the user community. As far as I know, only Casio and Kawai do that in any meaningful way... and the others should take a lesson from you guys. It makes a HUGE difference in perception of a manufacturer. There were a few specific models that I crossed off the list because I could never get answers beyond user speculation or published specs.

Cheers,
Steve

(with boat piano)
Nomadic Research Labs
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Mike_Martin

This sounds absolutely brilliant!

Kawai Es8
Korg Nautilus 61
Yamaha P125
Arturia KeyLab MKII
Yamaha CK61
Nomadness, you are, of course, obliged to post pics of the PX-5S on your sailboat!

James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Nomadness, you are, of course, obliged to post pics of the PX-5S on your sailboat!

Definitely! Should be an interesting installation... it will live in a drawer under the desk and lift out for use (fiddly with cables, but not as messy as the original hinging-desktop idea). My perch will be a gas-lift Soundseat throne with custom pedestal base, the studio mic is on a Heil boom attached to the mast support (useful for standing with flute as well as voice while seated), speakers are Klipsh KHO-7 just above the racks, cans are the the Sennheiser HD-598 with closed-back units for mic work, and a 12U rackspace contains the studio goodies (Edirol M-16DX, Tascam DP-008, Fusion amp, signal routing, and so on). The center panel, mostly comm gear, has an iPad for sheet music (we don't need no steenkin' music stand!). Pedals protrude from a little cabinet wall in the foot well, including a JamMan looper. Acoustics of the space are probably not great; last time I did an audiobook chapter aboard, I draped blankets around. But I'll just have to live with that.

All good as long as I don't take a rogue wave with open hatches or suffer a knockdown......

Yarrh,
Steve

(with boat piano)
Nomadic Research Labs
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission