2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
30 members (Cominut, Animisha, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, fullerphoto, admodios, busa, drumour, Foxtrot3, 3 invisible), 1,210 guests, and 271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Chopin's Prelude in C minor. I haven't studied it yet but I doubt I'd play it in a more profound way if I did, I am what I am right now, a work in progress myself ^_^

[Linked Image]
Recitals:[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Teodor, very nicely done. It is only the 5th day of the month and the submissions are soooo inspiring. This forum gives me so much motivation. I look forward to the piano bar every month though I have not submitted yet. I have just decided what piece I would like to submit. If not this month, next month

If you stay ready, you don't have to get ready.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thank you, this piece is my proof to myself that I do not need to spend too much time before being able to play something on a decent level.

[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Weiyan,

You are making remarkable progress. On the Bach D minor you may want to check that you hold some of those quarter notes for their full value. Good job overall.

Liebestraum 3, Liszt
Standchen-Schubert/Liszt arr
Sonata Pathetique-Adagio LVB
Estonia L190 #7284[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
Teodor – dark – both music and video
Maechre - I enjoyed that
Peterws – video and music worked well together. Music was good - don’t be so hard in yourself
Weiyan - Keep it up. Never ceases to amaze me how much different music you try - braver than I

And thanks all for the positive feedback

Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
E
E
for someone who hasn't studied the piece yet..that's pretty impressive. I have heard this Chopin piece before and it's probably one of his "darker" (or sadder) pieces that I like.

Adult beginner since January 2013. My only regret is that I didn't learn sooner.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
When I joined PW I had injured myself on another instrument, and didn't dare do much with piano until I could get a teacher. I stuck mostly to doing theory. And then when I did, it has taken another year for me to dare post anything. As luck would have it, the piece I worked on and planned to post is also the Chopin Cm Prelude. I hope that's ok, Teodor. blush Yours is a run-through, and mine is as finished as I can make it. This is as far as I can go, because I am also "unfinished".

I recorded this yesterday, after getting feedback and ideas from my teacher.
Chopin - Cm Prelude - last version

This is the version I came up with first.
Cm Prelude - 1st try last week

@Teodor - How do you get a sound file into Youtube with a picture?

Last edited by keystring; 04/05/13 05:35 PM.
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by ElleC
here's another one for the bar. Fell in love with JS Bach with this piece...I really wanted to play it and surprisingly was able to during my first month of piano. Though until now, I must say that it's still coming along. This one is played from my digital keyboard. I'm getting my acoustic piano delivered tomorrow so the next contributions will be played from my U1 =)

https://soundcloud.com/elle_c/menuet-bwv-anh-116-js-bach

Tomorrow? Why not play it tomorrow on the acoustic and post here?

And maybe you can post in box instead of soundcloud, my browser gets in an infinite loop "waiting for soundcloud" ...

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
keystring, nice. I prefer the slower version. The last chord of 3rd measure should be cminor, not cmajor? First I thought it was just a flub but you play it like that in both versions

Theodor, also nice version, a tad slow but it fits the funeral march and I prefer this sound over the digital smile I see some room for improvement of recording quality wink

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
E
E
keystring, that was lovely. you are able to bring out the emotions well. can't wait to hear your finished version.

Adult beginner since January 2013. My only regret is that I didn't learn sooner.
E
E
ok wouter, i'll see what i can do. and have you tried using a different browser?

Originally Posted by wouter79
Originally Posted by ElleC
here's another one for the bar. Fell in love with JS Bach with this piece...I really wanted to play it and surprisingly was able to during my first month of piano. Though until now, I must say that it's still coming along. This one is played from my digital keyboard. I'm getting my acoustic piano delivered tomorrow so the next contributions will be played from my U1 =)

https://soundcloud.com/elle_c/menuet-bwv-anh-116-js-bach

Tomorrow? Why not play it tomorrow on the acoustic and post here?

And maybe you can post in box instead of soundcloud, my browser gets in an infinite loop "waiting for soundcloud" ...

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by wouter79

Theodor, also nice version, a tad slow but it fits the funeral march and I prefer this sound over the digital smile I see some room for improvement of recording quality wink

I was trying to slow down. I played through it a few times and I noticed I was rushing it. It is marked Lento after all, which is just a general direction to play slowly.

Originally Posted by keystring

Well it's easy you open up Windows Movie Maker (if you use a Windows PC you have it). You download a picture in a convenient location on your PC and then just drag it into the movie maker program. You then add the mp3 as audio line below it and adjust the duration of the picture to as much as the audio lasts (assuming you want it to last through the whole audio track).

By the way I like your version much better, it's more thoughtful and meaningful.

[Linked Image]
Here`s another one. You`ll know this . . . I thought I`d shortcircuit the learning process and use more o` my left hand . . . and alter the arrangement a wee bit . . .Now, it might not have been one o` my better ideas. But I really don`t like black notes. The vid screams along a bit faster than the audio. Fun isn`t it? Supposed to be a serious piece o` music . . .ha ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fIynGmH98Y

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Teodor - Very impressive. You capture the dark side o` Chopin excellently. Now, I don`t like most o` his music. My dad did. But when he played it (CDs) I kept out o` his way . . . !

"[Linked Image]"
Keystring - It`s Chopin night tonight! Happy days . . .Nicely done. Barry Manilow did a lot of Chopin based songs. Well, two at least . .

"[Linked Image]"
Ya play that well young lady! Bach is a safe bet . . I have a sister called Ellie; she carved her name on the piano . ..

"[Linked Image]"
Wouter: That's interesting about your preference of the slower version. About the last chord of m. 3 - there's controversy about it, with people divided whether Chopin wanted Cm or C major.

ElleC: Thanks. That's as far as I can bring it. There are still technical things I need to learn solve so I'm stopping here. It's like Teodor said.

peterws: thanks. smile

Originally Posted by Teodor
Originally Posted by keystring

Well it's easy you open up Windows Movie Maker (if you use a Windows PC you have it). You download a picture in a convenient location on your PC and then just drag it into the movie maker program. You then add the mp3 as audio line below it and adjust the duration of the picture to as much as the audio lasts (assuming you want it to last through the whole audio track).

Thx. I saw something on Youtube about "Windows Movie Maker" and they were saying to download. You're saying I already have it? If true - cool! I'm trying to get away from Boxnet because I have to pay a monthly fee which I'd rather not do.

I was trying to slow down. I played through it a few times and I noticed I was rushing it. It is marked Lento after all, which is just a general direction to play slowly.

I liked the weightiness of it in your playing. If you're just starting with it before studying it, this already sounds good.

We talked about the tempo. Some of the earlier pianists seem to play it faster than it's done nowadays, and if it is a funeral march, just how slow can the pall bearers march? I was of two minds about the speed. Is really slow "lento", or have we moved to grave?

Are you able to do the heavy chords without tensing up? I'm still learning how to do that, which is one reason for stopping now.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
ElleC: Only three months, you progress like a rocket.

Working on:\

J.S.Bach Prelude in C Min: No. 2 from Six Preludes fur Anfanger auf dem
Am Abend No. 2 from Stimmungsbilder, Op. 88
60s Swing No. 1 from Swinging Rhythms
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Teodor: very nice progress.
Keystring: The prelude in Cm is very nice.
peterws: Your playing of Schubert Impromptu is very nice. Seeing your fingers flying over the keyboard is interesting.

Last edited by Weiyan; 04/05/13 10:00 PM.

Working on:\

J.S.Bach Prelude in C Min: No. 2 from Six Preludes fur Anfanger auf dem
Am Abend No. 2 from Stimmungsbilder, Op. 88
60s Swing No. 1 from Swinging Rhythms
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission