2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (accordeur, Carey, AlkansBookcase, brdwyguy, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, bcalvanese, 6 invisible), 1,891 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mark_C

She just needs a reminder.

Why? Why does she need a reminder? Why does anyone, for that matter, need a reminder? Who cares where she posts her recording? Most of us realise there is a forum for recordings, but SO WHATTTTTTTT, if something doesn't get posted there????? Leave her alone and go counsel some lonely slacker, Mark. Geez.

"And if we look at the works of J.S. Bach — a benevolent god to which all musicians should offer a prayer to defend themselves against mediocrity... -Debussy

"It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right."

♪ ≠ $

OP Offline
3hearts

S
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
S

Thanks Eylul for this wonderful gift!

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by stores
....Geez.

ha

I guess you don't much care for "order." grin

....Who cares where she posts her recording?....

The other section was set up for a reason. So, now you've become a philosopher grin and you disagree with the philosophy that led to setting up the section, which followed substantial discussion.

You like history, right? Go and take a look at the history. Then come back.

If you dare. ha

OP Offline
Thank you smile

OP Offline
Does it make you happy if you think that this video does not belong to one of your members? Especially I am asking for Bilkent Symphony Orchestra?

It's the same thing if it's you playing. If some party that owned a video was going to object to it being over there, they'd object just the same to it being over here.

Don't be afraid to put any of your recordings in that other section. I know that at some point you did start doing that, but it looks like then you just forgot. smile

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Yo! Before I get started, has it ever dawned on the good Doctor what kind of impression this kind of infantile claptrap makes on a new member? If you are trying to put your best foot forward and also be professional, this ain't it.

Next, I play this piece, and I don't care for this particular rendering at all. Without getting into the minutia of the recording balance between a crystal clear sound mix of the orchestra combined with a very muddy mix of the piano, I will just comment on the piano performance.

The good Doctor can tell you that Karl Czerny related to his students that Beethoven described Mozart's playing as "gehakt." This, roughly translated from the German, means choppy.

This performance is not gehakt, it is very over-pedaled (I don't pedal it at all). Next, it has no sense of the phrase, and comes across as one dimensional. My ear hears Chopin and Beethoven. It doesn't hear Mozart.

Finally, just like a whole lot of other performers when they play concertos, there is no balance in terms of tempo between the various movements. The slow movement is too slow which makes it come across as quasi-romantic in nature.

Just like I usually do, I will refer you to a recording which is Horowitz's documentary recording of this with Giulini and the LA Philharmonic. The difference is startling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vttZzUPg3A

OP Offline
Could you please answer these questions:
1-)How many videos did you see per year in this forum which belongs to me? 1, 2 or less
2-) How old are you and do you have any other job except piano forum
3-) Are you a symmetroman?

Sory for my poor english

OP Offline
Thank you smile

Originally Posted by Louis Podesta
Yo! Before I get started, has it ever dawned on the good Doctor what kind of impression this kind of infantile claptrap makes on a new member?

Leaving aside your characterizations ha ....she's not a new member (which you would have known if you read all the posts). Indeed it makes a big difference when someone is a new member.

OP Offline
Moderators, please delete my membership

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Mark C:

I was not referring to her being a new member. What I was referring is all of this business about getting off point, which should be what views do the rest of the members have about this piece.

And, I am a 61 year old classical pianist/philosopher that spends a good four to five hours every day at my craft.

This particular concerto is considered DMA repertoire for a reason. It has whimsy, sparkle, rhythmic compexities and the like, which all make it a great piece, in my opinon. None of which are at play in this recording.

T
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
T
Overall, quite an accomplishment, Eylul! Must be great to be able to play with what I thought was quite a good orchestra. What I liked best were the sparkling musical gestures, and generally I thought you handled the ensemble parts with aplomb and confidence. A few comments:

1 I thought you tended to be somewhat too aggressive in the solo sections -- I was bothered by it somewhat in the first movement; more so in the second movement. I believe the solo material would be enhanced if you stated it less forcefully.

2 In general, I think your pianistic technique is too Romantic for this concerto. As I mentioned, it was very musical; but stylistically it needs to be "notier", with somewhat less pedal. Since you clearly have the "chops" (technical ability) to aspire to that, I would definitely consider that -- in the first and third movements, it would add to the sparkle, and in the slow movement, it would actually enhance the poignancy and sadness, because it would sound more "stark".

But overall, a real pleasure to listen to, and thanks for sharing this!

OP Offline
Thank you;
Dr. Jekyll ve Mr. Hyde, you two are the same person ha wow yippie funny smile
I can prove it

OP Offline
Originally Posted by eylulesme
Thank you;
I can prove it

Mr. Mark C & Louis Podesta

Last edited by eylulesme; 04/01/13 05:27 PM.
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Louis Podesta

Just like I usually do, I will refer you to a recording which is Horowitz's documentary recording of this with Giulini and the LA Philharmonic. The difference is startling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vttZzUPg3A

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but Vladdie's Mozart leaves much to be desired. If you're looking for a model (which I don't recommend) listen to Perahia, de Larrocha, Uchida, or Schiff.

"And if we look at the works of J.S. Bach — a benevolent god to which all musicians should offer a prayer to defend themselves against mediocrity... -Debussy

♪ ≠ $

D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but Vladdie's Mozart leaves much to be desired. If you're looking for a model (which I don't recommend) listen to Perahia, de Larrocha, Uchida, or Schiff.

You mean Mu, Ally, Mitsy, and Andy?

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Damon

You mean Mu, Ally, Mitsy, and Andy?

Sure, if that's how you think of them.

♪ ≠ $

H
6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
H
Thank you;
I can prove it

Mr. Mark C & Louis Podesta

shocked shocked shocked

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission