2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
30 members (Charles Cohen, Burkhard, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, cmoody31, 20/20 Vision, admodios, 9 invisible), 1,231 guests, and 330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 76 of 119 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 118 119
Welcome SeaOwl (Bem-vindo :D)

One more portuguese that plays Einaudi. That's awesome. Which pieces have you already learned?

Working on:

Am Abend - Hofmann

"Don’t practice until you get it right. Practice until you can’t get it wrong. "
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Welcome SeaOwl, maybe you can do a short introdcution of yourself in the " OT, Tell us about yourself " thread.

And thanks for the link! That's great!

Btw: Please, do not be offended by the word "uneducated". I know there are many people who know who Einaudi is. I only say that because, back in 2010, were just over 50 people in Olga Cadaval (Sintra, Portugal) to see his concert... the same concert he gave at the Royal Albert Hall which was sold out with 6,000 people attending.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
ThePianistWay I have two books of Einaudi: “Islands” and “In a Time Lapse”. Now I’m working in Brothers.

CarlosCC I understand, and agree with you! We have a great offer (April: Perahia; Andsnes; Kocsis; Bronfman. May: Sokolov. June: Nyman)… but who knows? And sometimes we have a problem of divulgation, look for the FREE presentation of CFX by Rosado (Beethoven op.109, op.110, op.111) only three days before are presented. But back to Einaudi, the 22 march is near to sold out.

Yamaha CLP-470

“If you ever assume you know all there is to know about something, or even if you accept that you know enough, you have just doomed yourself to mediocrity.”
If Carlos never had told me (Carlos you are my heroe ahahah), I would never know Einaudi would present is newest album in Portugal. In fact, there the divulgation was one of the major problems, well... TVs prefer to announce Justin Bieber's newest concert lol We can't do much more.

But, from what I've seen, there will be a lot of people in the 22nd March concert, which is awesome! I can't believe it is this Friday night!! I'm so anxious.

Working on:

Am Abend - Hofmann

"Don’t practice until you get it right. Practice until you can’t get it wrong. "
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by SeaOwl
ThePianistWay I have two books of Einaudi: “Islands” and “In a Time Lapse”. Now I’m working in Brothers.

I've 5 books of Einaudi: "The Best of", "Islands", "Nightbook", "Divenire" and "In a Time Lapse" which covers 85(!) unique pieces to work. I would say I have lots of sources for the next years.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ThePianistWay
If Carlos never had told me (Carlos you are my heroe ahahah), I would never know Einaudi would present is newest album in Portugal
thumb

I can't believe it is this Friday night!! I'm so anxious.
+1 laugh

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by CarlosCC
+1 laugh

cool
You will need to all write your reviews of the concert afterwards!

Last edited by Euan Morrison; 03/19/13 11:36 AM.
Originally Posted by Euan Morrison
Originally Posted by CarlosCC
+1 laugh

cool
You will need to all write your reviews of the concert afterwards!

Ahahahah okay, I will try my best, but it's my first Einaudi Concert.

Working on:

Am Abend - Hofmann

S
S
In the past there have been lists of Einaudi pieces in progressive order of difficulty from easiest to hardest(thanks to Monica, Euan, ...).

I have found these lists especially helpful.

How about posting an updated list in progressive order of difficulty including the pieces from Nightbook, Divenire and In a time lapse?

greets
Al

Last edited by searcherAl; 03/20/13 11:28 AM.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Hi searcherAl, and welcome to PW!

It's not easy... IMO the level of difficulty of a piece depends on what you can do in front of a piano. So, why don't you do a brief presentation of yourself telling your background and experience? That way, I'm sure it will be easier to help you.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Welcome, searcherAl! smile

Another caveat to such rankings is that they're fairly idiosyncratic. For example, Le Onde kicked my butt every time I tried to record it, even though technically it shouldn't be that hard at all, and others had much less difficulty with it. But I do remember us being able to arrive at some sort of consensus regarding difficulty, and I think ranking the new pieces could be an interesting project. I've got a deadline tonight so can't tackle it now, but I'll take a look at the new books tomorrow and offer a (highly subjective) opinion.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Monica K.

Another caveat to such rankings is that they're fairly idiosyncratic. For example, Le Onde kicked my butt every time I tried to record it, even though technically it shouldn't be that hard at all, and others had much less difficulty with it. But I do remember us being able to arrive at some sort of consensus regarding difficulty, and I think ranking the new pieces could be an interesting project. I've got a deadline tonight so can't tackle it now, but I'll take a look at the new books tomorrow and offer a (highly subjective) opinion.

I would be quite interested to try it as well! How about we work out our rankings independently, and then compare our results without seeing ther others' answers beforehand?

I will just work the last three books for this - Nightbook, Divenire, Time Lapse. Sorry Una Mattina, maybe another time!

Last edited by Euan Morrison; 03/21/13 06:14 AM.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
This is quite interesting. In my case, every new piece is always "hard", and it becomes easier over time.

But I think in order to get a reliable comparison we will have to indicate how long each one plays piano. Then we can find a scale (1 to 5?) Where 1 is "very easy" and 5 "very difficult."
We can also get some parameters such as: technical difficulties and difficulty in interpretation. Or others.

Something like this:
Name: CarlosCC
Experience: +3 years
Piece: -------
Comment: {what is the major tip to play it correctly? | where is the hard session? | etc}
Technical level: {1|2|3|4|5}
Interpretation level: {1|2|3|4|5}
Overall level: {1|2|3|4|5}

What do you think?

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
It's a good idea, Carlos, but I don't really have enough time to go through each piece like that.
I was just going to make a simple list - easiest to difficult (in my opinion of course, so it's only an unofficial list).
Maybe someone else could do a more in-depth analysis of the difficulties / challenges with each piece.

Last edited by Euan Morrison; 03/21/13 10:04 AM.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
It's a good idea, Carlos, but I don't really have enough time to go through each piece like that.
I was just going to make a simple list - easiest to difficult (in my opinion of course, so it's only an unofficial list).
Maybe someone else could do a more in-depth analysis of the difficulties / challenges with each piece.

Euan, I wasn't mentioning all the pieces written by Einaudi... grin
I was talking about only the pieces that each one of us can play... I think that's a good way to share our impressions and experiences as performers.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Let's try!

Name: CarlosCC (Experience: 3 years)
Piece: Canzone Popolare (Francia 1500ca) - The Best of Ludovico Einaudi book
Comment: This is a very small (only 48 seconds!) and very easy piece; good for true-begginers. This piece is so small, but so engaging, that I was pushed to write an extension of it (ABF recital #28). Be aware to take the right sonority.
Technical level: 1
Interpretation level: 2
Overall level: 1.5

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
S
S
Hi CarlosCC,
concerning my person: I have switched from classical guitar, which I have been playing for more than thirty years, to piano some two years ago.

I'm learning the piano without teacher and only play for my private pleasure. So far this pleasure has taken me from Bach Inventions (1, 2, 8)to Metamorphosis 1, 2, Mad Rush by Ph. Glass to some Soler (R102, R115), to some Scarlatti (K203, K32, K517) and ... Ludovico Einaudi (Nefeli, I due fiumi, fuori dal mondo).
greets
Al

Last edited by searcherAl; 03/21/13 01:48 PM.
S
S
Originally Posted by Monica K.

Monica,

Thank you for your welcome. Your videos have been a great inspiration for me, in fact I learnt pedalling from watching closely how you do it.
thumb

greets
Al

S
S

That would me most welcome Euan!

It is clear that in every ranking of this kind, there is undeniably quite a proportion of subjectivity but it would be of great help to all those Ludovico aficionados who study his pieces on their own, without the guidance of a teacher.

greets
Al

Originally Posted by searcherAl
Monica,

Thank you for your welcome. Your videos have been a great inspiration for me, in fact I learnt pedalling from watching closely how you do it.

[Everybody in the teacher's forum falls over in a dead faint. laugh ]

Page 76 of 119 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 118 119

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,166
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission