3rd International Piano Competition "Luciano Luciani"
Cosenza Italy, 3 – 5 May 2013
The competition consists of the following rounds:
Competitors are requested to present:
a) one of the studies by different composers, chosen from those of F. Chopin, F. Liszt (except op. 1), S. Rachmaninoff, C. Debussy, A. Scriabin, S. Prokofiev, G. Ligeti.
b) one or more compositions freely chosen by the competitor.
Total performance must not exceed 20 minutes.
a) A free recital not exceeding 45 minutes
Jury is composed by:
M° Francois Joel Thiollier, pianist and chairman of jury;
M° Cristiano Burato, pianist;
M° Antonella Calvelli, pianist;
M° Anna Kravtchenko, pianist;
M° Luca Schieppati, pianist.
1st Prize € 2500
2nd Prize € 1000
3rd Prize € 500 (Prize Rotary Club Cosenza Nord)
The finalists will be offered Concerts with the following Associations for the 2013/2014 concert season according to the formalities settled by each association
• Recital for Spazio Teatro 89 - Milano
• Recital for Estate Regina –Festival of Music in Montecatini Terme
• Recital for “Settembre Musicale” – Sala Tallone, Isola San Giulio (Novara)
• N° 2 Recital for Fondazione W. Walton – Ischia
• Recital for Associazione Ravello Concert Society (for the best Italian competitor)
• Recital per Conservatorio di Musica “S. Giacomantonio” – Casa della Musica, Cosenza (6 May 2013)
• Recital for Associazione Amici della Musica – Catanzaro
• Recital for "La Città della Musica" - Centro Studi Musicali "G. Verdi", Rossano (Cosenza)
• Recital for Festival dell’Aurora - Crotone
• Recital for Associazione Icams - Mendicino (CS)
Application deadline: 7 April 2013
For info and application form:www.concorsoluciani.it