2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
55 members (Carey, AlkansBookcase, brdwyguy, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, clothearednincompo, bcalvanese, 6 invisible), 1,893 guests, and 282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
When you say far, do you mean that Germany is closer to you?
I think that TJ has the reason here, and his is a wise advice. The mere possibility of something going wrong with your CA95 in a 3rd floor with no elevator (in Prague!) is so scary...It's not about being pesimistic, here, but realistic.

Learning piano from scratch since September, 2012.
Kawai ES7.Kawai K-200
C
C
Not really closer but the only shop that to me seems trustworthy enough has this model available only upon direct request, most likely when a full order is placed (though I don't have this confirmed yet). Moreover, thomann's 3-year warranty instead of the usual 2-year is a nice plus as well.

I agree that the hassle with transportation from/to Germany is annoying though.

(And for the record, the house I live in does have an elevator, it's just not big enough. frown And to make things worse, it's the 6th floor, not the 3rd. wink )

Last edited by Clayman; 03/13/13 09:57 AM.

-- Zbynek N.

Learning to play the piano since 06/2013 on a Kawai CA-95.

Music is what feelings sound like. ~ Author Unknown
W
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by theJourney

(...)
The new Roland HP-507 is an amazing instrument with the PHA-III keyboard & Supernatural sound and new features that make sense like early fortepiano sounds for baroque early classical playing, automatic power off in case you close the lid without powering off first and very easy USB integration to make playing along with your favorite minus 1 tracks a pleasure, etc. etc.
(...)

The "early" sounds are more of marketing than of real use. Almost any digital piano has a harpsichord sound coming with it, or? Having it packed in a sound group called "early" is not enough to make it sound good. If you switch after playing the standard SN piano sound (which is excellent) to the harpsichord sound, you also have to go in the functions menue and change the KeyOff and and Resonance settings to get it somehow right, what´s really a lot of work for just wanting to change the sound - and it still will not at all become a nicely one to play. It is actually one of the worst I met. There are then a variation of it, with an octave higher sounding harpsichord layered over the harpsichord sound, and something called "A dream-like sound that can sound like a piano or a harpsichord.", which has absolutely nothing to do with an "early" sound, but more with a $20 plastic baby toy from the supermarket. You will stay with one "fortepiano" sound, which is available in 2 more copies with differnt EQ setting. That´s it. Hmmm, I think you can see that I am really disappointment of this "early" marketing trick. I would wish that all sales agents who intent to do a fair-minded job to their customer would clarify this to their customers.
Nevertheless, although being much disappointed about any 'extras', I love my HP-505 for its excellent keybed and primary piano sound. If you just search for such basic digital piano functionality, then it is unbeatable.

Last edited by Marco M; 03/14/13 08:34 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes
T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by Marco M
Almost any digital piano has a harpischord sound coming with it, or?

The Roland HP-507 has two different harpsichords and as a key differentiator: four different fortepianos. I am not familiar with any other digital piano in this class that includes fortepianos.

I have played them in a store and find them very convincing for playing Haydn and even Schubert, for example. I very much wish that they were included on my HP-307.

W
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by Marco M

The "early" sounds are more of marketing than of real use...

I just received some interesting, and especially very reliable information on the 'early' sounds, and therefore have to admit that my above statement might not reflect the situation properly. I might have some problems with my ears or with the sound settings on my DP, because the harpsichord sound 'should be' a really good one as it is based on the ROLAND C-30 digital harpsichord sound. I will carefully check my settings in my HP-505 once more, especially for getting rid of that very annoying, loud 'iiuuuopp' sound which often appears upon releasing a key and which I so far did not find to be controllable by the way I touch the keys.

Last edited by Marco M; 03/14/13 08:35 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission