2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (AlkansBookcase, AndyOnThePiano2, BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, 12 invisible), 2,122 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
P
xbj, there is no reason to worry. Both Yamaha and Kawai are located in Hamamatsu, which is between Tokyo and Osaka, and quite a distance away from Fukushima. The biggest concern with radiation here in Japan is the food, not grand pianos.

Of course, if you wish to run a Geiger counter over your Yamaha's, you are free to do so, but do not expect others to waste their time with it.

Kawai RX-2
Kawai PN390 digital
M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by PianistInJapan
xbj, there is no reason to worry. Both Yamaha and Kawai are located in Hamamatsu, which is between Tokyo and Osaka, and quite a distance away from Fukushima. The biggest concern with radiation here in Japan is the food, not grand pianos.

Of course, if you wish to run a Geiger counter over your Yamaha's, you are free to do so, but do not expect others to waste their time with it.

I agree. Plus, I think that a company like Yamaha that has really made a name for themselves based on their high quality and attention to detail would not do something underhanded like introduce a new line of pianos to hide the fact that the current line was contaminated by a nuclear meltdown as xjb is suggesting.

Often the simplest answer is the correct one: that they have made enough improvement to their pianos to justify giving them a new name.

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
I believe they have been working on the cx series for over 10 years and planned to release around the time they did.

Btw. My local yamaha dealer was selling a brand new c6 at the price of a c3x.. So the C series are definitely being heavily discounted.

Last edited by Gatsbee13; 03/04/13 01:39 PM.
X
xbj Offline
X
Thanks. That's the kind of thoughtful response I was looking for.

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Anyone know if the CX list prices will be comparable to the C series? I just noticed the piano buyer database doesn't have the CX series listed.

S
S
Originally Posted by LadyChen
Anyone know if the CX list prices will be comparable to the C series? I just noticed the piano buyer database doesn't have the CX series listed.

The Spring 2013 issue just went to the printer. It will be released and the online edition will be launched in about 30 days.

CX prices will be included.

Piano Industry Consultant

Co-author (with Larry Fine) of Practical Piano Valuation
www.jasonsmc@msn.com

Contributing Editor & Consultant - Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyer

Retired owned of Jasons Music Center
Maryland/DC/No. VA
Family Owned and Operated Since 1937.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Steve Cohen
The Spring 2013 issue just went to the printer. It will be released and the online edition will be launched in about 30 days.

Inclusion in the price tables will be nice, but what about a review? Not that I don't enjoy reading reviews of such groundbreaking pianos as the new Feurich/Ningbo and Taylor of London, to mention a couple that are scarce as hen's teeth in the marketplace but reviewed recently in Pianobuyer. However, this thread has more than 100 page views for each post it has generated. I think there's a fair bit of interest in Yamaha's CX series.

I remember when Larry Fine passed on listing the Yamaha S in ''''rankings''''. As I recall, he mentioned that he didn't quite know what to do with it, so he just left it out. I hope a similar fate doesn't befall the CX series. If nothing else it can be shunted into yet another new category: Professional X. grin

Steve,

You mentioned recently on another thread that my basis for teasing you about your teasing Pianobuyer was flawed in that you don't receive payment for generating ad accounts. Fair enough.

If you'd like to clarify further and make a disclaimer here that you have no financial stake in the success of Pianobuyer, I think your activities here on its behalf would be viewed as simply based on your enthusiasm for the project. I know that would certainly be the case with me.

Will Johnny Come Marching Home?
The fate of the modern wartime soldier
S
S
Originally Posted by turandot

Inclusion in the price tables will be nice, but what about a review? Not that I don't enjoy reading reviews of such groundbreaking pianos as the new Feurich/Ningbo and Taylor of London, to mention a couple that are scarce as hen's teeth in the marketplace but reviewed recently in Pianobuyer. However, this thread has more than 100 page views for each post it has generated. I think there's a fair bit of interest in Yamaha's CX series.

I remember when Larry Fine passed on listing the Yamaha S in ''''rankings''''. As I recall, he mentioned that he didn't quite know what to do with it, so he just left it out. I hope a similar fate doesn't befall the CX series. If nothing else it can be shunted into yet another new category: Professional X. grin

Editorial decisions for Piano Buyer are made by Larry. His email is larry@pianobuyer.com. I'm sure he will welcome your suggestions and observations.

Piano Industry Consultant

Co-author (with Larry Fine) of Practical Piano Valuation
www.jasonsmc@msn.com

Contributing Editor & Consultant - Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyer

Retired owned of Jasons Music Center
Maryland/DC/No. VA
Family Owned and Operated Since 1937.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member

Editorial decisions for Piano Buyer are made by Larry. His email is larry@pianobuyer.com. I'm sure he will welcome your suggestions and observations.

Steve.

I asked you in the post you excerpted if you would care to provide a disclaimer that you have no financial stake in the success of Pianobuyer. I'm not questioning your right to promote Pianobuyer here whether you have a financial stake in it or not. That's up to the management. I can handle it either way, but I think those of us who come across you plugs and teases here have a right to know from what angle the information is coming.

You stated recently in another thread that it's been nearly two years since you received income from ad accounts on Pianobuyer. You opened the door to the question of whether you have any financial stake in Pianobuyer at all.

You came into this thread to state that the new Pianobuyer would be available online in 30 days. You did not have one substantive thing to say about Yamaha CX pianos. I think my question is appropriate in this thread, as it would have been in any of the other threads where you enter simply to plug Pianobuyer.

If you have a financial interest in the Pianobuyer project, the information you provide here should be seen in that light. If you don't, it should not. If you don't want to respond, just write that you don't want to respond. If you write that, I won't ask you the question again.

Will Johnny Come Marching Home?
The fate of the modern wartime soldier
Yamaha C Series can still be found at various local dealers and pawn shops.You can check it out there.

M
MARC_FR Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by ashley john
Yamaha C Series can still be found at various local dealers and pawn shops.You can check it out there.

Thanks
I bought since then a New C3X with SH silent system
Rgds

Congratulations on your new piano purchase!

Post pics when you can. smile

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
Congrats..

yes,yes.. post pics please..

This is my c3x..

jk, I took a shot of this special edition one from NAMM 2013..

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Beautiful! I will be purchasing whatever incarnation will exist in four years when I retire.

Amen!

Barbara
...without music, no life...
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission