2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, danno858, benkeys, brennbaer, DaCapoDiTuttiCapi, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, 11 invisible), 1,854 guests, and 328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Originally Posted by Piano World
Thanks David,

We are already loving being here.

The wet snow we got up here last night was absolutely gorgeous to wake up to this morning.
The air is pure and the water (well) is better than any "spring" water we ever purchased in Florida.

Every drive through this mountain area is an invitation to take pictures, and as an ex-lobsterman/commercial firsherman, I love the coast.

I know some people think we are nuts for moving from Florida to Maine in the winter, but we are enjoying every minute (we took turns with the new snow blower tonight, even though we knew the professional we contracted for snow plowing would be coming any time).

Best,

Frank, Kathy, & Kirby

The air is absolutely pure! I would love to settle up North at some point! Your pictures really speak to the secluded beauty of your new home! Keep up us updated on your progress. As a fellow New Englander, I enjoy the winter... it's a great time to change the pace smile

I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
Congratulations on your new opportunity! I'm a bit disappointed that I did not see this thread until yesterday. I missed you when you came through NC. Dunn, NC is about 30 minutes from my home! Perhaps another time. Dinner's on me.

I. Bruton
Acoustic Pianos at home: Yamaha C3, Yamaha P22
Digitals at home: Yamaha P125, Roland RD-800, Kawai Novus N5S
Hi Frank,
I am located on the North Fork of Long Island. Some what like New England, many tourists during the Spring, Summer, and Fall, and quiet the rest of the year. I' m glad you are closer, so we can think about attending future Piano Parties. Not in winter! Thanks for all your work on the Forum, it does connect many piano lovers, and professional musicians. I was able to connect with my old piano teacher from 50 years ago. Robert Estrin's father Morton Estrin was my teacher at Hofstra College, it is now Hofstra University, and he still teaches.

Thanks again for the Piano Forum
Dot

[Linked Image]
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Frank, I would love to be invited to one of your piano parties. Would you let me know? I don't play any classical and am pretty much a play by ear hack but I can bring food!

Sandy

Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Hi Sandy,

Happy to let you know.
Be sure to keep an eye on the forums, and make sure you're subscribed to our newsletter.

Trust me, whatever level you might think your playing is at, we will all still love to
have you play. I'm mostly a self taught old rock player (emphasis on old), but I don't mind
playing in front of anyone, including our members who are professionals. We all have fun and nobody judges anyone.

Besides, you said the magic words "I can bring food!". :-)

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Hi Sandy,

There is a forum gathering here in Lowell with Frank and Kathy as the guests of honor .. You are welcome to join us.

Follow this link for more information.
March 23rd 2013 Gathering in Lowell MA

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Mark Twain

E. J. Buck & Sons
Lowell MA 01852
978 458 8688
www.ejbuckpiano.com
http://www.facebook.com/EJBuckPerformances
D
D
Thanks David,

We are already loving being here.

The wet snow we got up here last night was absolutely gorgeous to wake up to this morning.
The air is pure and the water (well) is better than any "spring" water we ever purchased in Florida.

Every drive through this mountain area is an invitation to take pictures, and as an ex-lobsterman/commercial firsherman, I love the coast.

I know some people think we are nuts for moving from Florida to Maine in the winter, but we are enjoying every minute (we took turns with the new snow blower tonight, even though we knew the professional we contracted for snow plowing would be coming any time).

Best,

Frank, Kathy, & Kirby

I envy you. I wish I could move back to Maine. Call me crazy but I really miss the winter months....maybe not 5 months of it but miss it nevertheless. I have built a business in the desert since 1994 and there is no way I could relocate and start over again. It was 78 degrees in Las Vegas today and it's only the beginning of March. It only got down in the 20's for a few days this winter. Enjoy your new home and post some more pictures when the seasons permit it. MAINE EXILE.

Last edited by David, Las Vegas; 03/04/13 12:39 AM.

David Chadwick RPT
Newark, Ohio
1931 Mason Hamlin AA
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
We missed the winter months too.
I know most people would consider that nuts, but we enjoy the snow, and cuddling under the blankets when it's cold.

You're welcome to visit any time.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

We missed the winter months too.
I know most people would consider that nuts, but we enjoy the snow, and cuddling under the blankets when it's cold.

You're welcome to visit any time.

Good thing! We are getting some more I think!!!

HalfStep #2044213 03/06/13 11:55 PM
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Looks like we might be.

We went into town today (I feel like I'm living in the old Wild West) and picked up some "supplies" :-)

Thankfully most of my business is conducted over the Internet, and I don't mind staying in to play the piano, read, or spend time with Kathy.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

Looks like we might be.

We went into town today (I feel like I'm living in the old Wild West) and picked up some "supplies" :-)

Thankfully most of my business is conducted over the Internet, and I don't mind staying in to play the piano, read, or spend time with Kathy.

It's been snowing steadily on the south shore in MA... It's tiresome! You're right, being snowed in can be relaxing, only if there's heat! Lol.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission