2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (AlkansBookcase, Barry_Braksick, danno858, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, 14 invisible), 1,836 guests, and 283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
sappho Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi! I took three years of piano lessons as a kid, and I've had a recent surge in interest for playing again. All I own is this cheap old Yamaha keyboard with 66 keys that sounds like a kid's toy and I've been looking for something better, as I'm playing more advanced pieces I'm running out of keys!
Obv I have more money now than from when I was a kid, but I still want to keep it less than $2,000 which I understand seriously limits my options. I'm actually a total noob when it comes to pianos and keyboards, but I've been drooling over the Kawai ES7, but it slightly exceeds my budget and I can't find one used.
Are there any digital pianos similar to it that you know of? Because I've seen others like it, but (okay this is going to sound really shallow and silly) if I get a digital or upright piano it NEEDS to have a white or light-colored finish or I can't have it in my room. That is seriously the dealbreaker and I know it sounds dumb and pianos don't usually come in a white finish but I can't have anything dark in my room. Help? I'm a little overwhelmed by all of this.
Also i forgot to add that I really want weighted keys because the one I have doesn't and you can literally HEAR the plastic when you press down on them.

Last edited by sappho; 02/27/13 04:31 PM.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Welcome to the forum sappho!

If you wish to purchase a white/light coloured DP, I believe the Kawai ES7 or Roland FP-7F/FP-4F are your best options. All three are available within your $2000 budget.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
P
P
The Roland F-120 and the RP-301 are both available in white and should be within your budget. Having said that, piano preference is very subjective and using colour to choose between them might be a mistake (given that how a piano feels and sounds is normally the most important thing).

S
sappho Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you for the suggestions, I'll check them out. The ES7 is my first choice in terms of, well, everything but the only problem is I'll have to save up a few hundred more dollars for it. And yeah, I know that wanting a piano for a particular finish is a bad way to start, but the situation isn't "I want this color because it's pretty" the issue is really hard to explain and the reason I came here was BECAUSE of the limited selection of pianos with a light finish so it was harder for me to be able to judge which ones were good.

D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
The ES7 is a nice instrument. It come in white and I think you should be able to get it right at your price range.

What else have you played? There are fine digitals in the market. Have fun trying them out.

"Imagine it in all its primatic colorings, its counterpart in our souls - our souls that are great pianos whose strings, of honey and of steel, the divisions of the rainbow set twanging, loosing on the air great novels of adventure!" - William Carlos Williams
D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by sappho
Thank you for the suggestions, I'll check them out. The ES7 is my first choice in terms of, well, everything but the only problem is I'll have to save up a few hundred more dollars for it.

Well, I own one and I can tell you ... you won't be sorry.

Very nice sound. Very nice keybed.

The only thing I had a problem with was the 3-pedal unit that is optional when you purchase the furniture stand for it.

I found that 3-pedal unit was attached in a position which I found uncomfortably close to me. I took it off and am just using the single pedal that comes stock with it. Works fine.

I would suggest purchasing the furniture stand with it instead of trying to set it on some type of X stand or something. It will gives it a more quality look and I think it is more stable.

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
F
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
F
The Casio PX350 is a *really* nice medium range digital piano and it's available in a white finish. It can be had with the matching white furniture stand for about $1000 US. Casio has really put a lot of work into making their newest privia line of digital pianos a real bargain. It's worth looking into.

Warm Regards.

Nord Stage 2 HA88
Roland RD800
4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by fizikisto
The Casio PX350 is a *really* nice medium range digital piano and it's available in a white finish. It can be had with the matching white furniture stand for about $1000 US. Casio has really put a lot of work into making their newest privia line of digital pianos a real bargain. It's worth looking into.

Warm Regards.
The white PX-350 is actually very cool color. It's faintly pearlescent finish surprised me.

Sam Bennett
PianoWorks - Atlanta Piano Dealer
Bösendorfer, Estonia, Seiler, Grotrian, Hailun
Pre-Owned: Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway & other fine pianos
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
www.youtube.com/PianoWorksAtlanta
C
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
C
The (announced, but not yet available) Casio PX-5S will be made _only_ in white.

Ironically, people were complaining about its color . . .

It shares the PX-350 keyboard action and piano voices, and has a slew of other features. And you can buy it, and a pair of nice monitor speakers, within budget.

Depends on what you want . . .

. Charles

. Charles
---------------------------
PX-350 / Roland Gaia / Pianoteq
X
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
X
Originally Posted by Charles Cohen
The (announced, but not yet available) Casio PX-5S will be made _only_ in white.

Memory check!

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission