2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
30 members (crab89, CraiginNZ, bwv543, Cominut, Colin Miles, Andre Fadel, BWV846, 10 invisible), 1,234 guests, and 281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
hootowl Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I recorded the showroom sales and the delivery of our brand new Kawai RX-2 Blak yesterday. Did some editing to move it along. The guys were fantastic bringing it in and a joy to talk to. Incidentally, they are the whole piano company. They close the shop to deliver.

The piano is for my wife who has been playing her childhood Kolher & Campbell spinet since she started in the early 70's. She finally got up off that thing and said.... "That's it, I want a new grand piano."

Our house is plenty big but still tricky as to where to put it. We also heat the house almost entirely in the wintertime with two wood stoves. Humidity runs just under 20% during the heating season. My Mother also lives with us and is having dry skin itching issues. We knew we had to do something about the dryness for that and the piano. I purchased two whole house humidifiers. One on each end of our long contemporary rancher. Today the humidity is up to 32% throughout so we are getting there.

Still editing. Will post shortly.

Mike

Kawai RX-2 BLAK Millenium III Ninja
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Congratulations!

Can't wait to see the video!

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Congratulations on the safe arrival of your beautiful, new Kawai RX2 Blak!

All the very best for your enjoyment of this piano.

Robert.

H
hootowl Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Here you go, nothing breathtaking except the piano!

[video:youtube]zjJdMVe_ggE[/video]

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
A great delivery job and you have a fantastic sounding piano.

Lucky wife!

Robert.

H
hootowl Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thank you all. She's playing it right now.

P
P
Great video and you guys seem really cool to hang out with. Ha. Was the owner delivery a normal thing or did they do it special just for you?

H
hootowl Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by poggler
Great video and you guys seem really cool to hang out with. Ha. Was the owner delivery a normal thing or did they do it special just for you?

No not special. They are a low overhead business. They are an authorized Kawai dealership the runs out of an industrial park unit. Pretty small footprint, three employees. Nothing fancy. Business through word of mouth and craigs list. They got consecutive sales awards. A nice walnut plaque from Kawai two years in a row.

The showroom doesn't open until 11 AM so they do their deliveries in the morning.. not always getting back by 11.

Enjoyed the video!

Especially the last part when the guy played a little... it sounds much bigger than it looks! smile

Congratulations again!

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
Haha, I watched the video holding my breath! I couldn't watch when my piano was delivered! Also, the owner of the store I bought from came to personally deliver mine as well... It was definitely noticed. Congrats on your awesome piano!

H
hootowl Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Recorded that with a cell phone. Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I can't believe the video I get out of this phone. Even has zoom while recording.

And the sound is spectacular. This phone replaced an EVO 4G that had a horrible video application. Sound was terrible, videos were jumpy.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Nice video! Nice piano - congratulations!

And thank you, too.

Be sure to send in your warranty card. :-)

Don Mannino RPT, MPA
H
hootowl Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by KawaiDon
Nice video! Nice piano - congratulations!

And thank you, too.

Be sure to send in your warranty card. :-)

Thanks Don. Card went out today.

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Congrats! I love the RX2blak. One of the best values out there, IMHO.

K
K
Originally Posted by hootowl
Recorded that with a cell phone. Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I can't believe the video I get out of this phone. Even has zoom while recording.

During the video I was saying "no way this is recorded on a cell phone!" Well technically that's true since the Note is between a large phone and small tablet.

My Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone's audio is horrid - it gets completely overwhelmed by the sound of a piano.

Nice piano!

H
hootowl Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by KillerCharlie

Well technically that's true since the Note is between a large phone and small tablet.

It's a phablet LOL

H
hootowl Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Jenn has been floating on clouds for the last two days with her new piano. I told her to be careful cause she sometimes has trouble with her arms getting sore.

M
M
Originally Posted by hootowl
Jenn has been floating on clouds for the last two days with her new piano. I told her to be careful cause she sometimes has trouble with her arms getting sore.

She also might be accustomed to playing a certain way to coax the sound out of the spinet that she wants. Once she adjusts to the grand, she may have less issues. Still, overplaying could be a problem she should be careful about.

Congrats both of you! It looks and sounds wonderful!

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
R
R
hootowl - thanks for posting the video! you have made me really jealous! I wish one of the days I could record the delivery of a grand piano in my house, too smile

Just curious, what were other brands on your shortlist?

and congratulations again! I saw on other post that you don't play. so maybe it's now a good time to start with such a beautiful piano? laugh

H
hootowl Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Jenn wanted a Yamaha only because she remembered playing them years ago in school and always like playing them. I knew nothing about pianos so I dove in and learned everything there is to know about them in a day on the internet wink

Jenn also was hoping to spend 10G or less. Didn't take too long for me to figure out and convince her to go higher.

20G was too much which dropped used Steinway out.

Short list was Yamaha something in the 6ft or less size. We went to a showroom but I really didn't want to spend big bucks on a new piano. They had Steinway, Yamaha and Boston. I remembered the salesman saying something about "other brands with plastic parts"

I had an appt to see a used Kawai RX-1 private owned because I saw Kawai was a direct competitor to Yamaha with seemingly a lot of innovation that has been proven. Then researching the Kawai, I got hooked on the "Blak" version with the newest action. I like the idea of the more stable materials design of the Millenium III. Our house can have temp and humididty swings so I think the advanced materials will help prevent action issues in the future.

I saw a couple of pianos on CL... made a phone call. Guy got back to me and said if you come here to look, you will leave with a piano. I looked, I bought. The price I got blew away the showroom piano price.

Neither of us is a total connoisseur of what a piano should sound like although I am an audiophile myself. I simply put trust in my research and went one model up from the RX-1 to the RX-2 mostly because I read a few times that the RX-2 was worth the price difference.

So we ended up with a brand new RX-2 built in 8-2012 for $4500 less than a similarly sized new Yamaha.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission