2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (APianistHasNoName, Adam Reynolds, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, 10 invisible), 1,853 guests, and 274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by AZNpiano
Well, the MTAC Convention is a monster of an event. It's not just teachers and presenters...parents and their kids have recitals, competitions, and master classes. There are always 2 or 3 events going on at the same time, and it's impossible to attend all of them.

If the current Commercial Studio...thread is a representative sample of MTAC members, 'monster' would indeed be a most apt description. *shudder*

Learner
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by malkin
Originally Posted by AZNpiano
Well, the MTAC Convention is a monster of an event. It's not just teachers and presenters...parents and their kids have recitals, competitions, and master classes. There are always 2 or 3 events going on at the same time, and it's impossible to attend all of them.

If the current Commercial Studio...thread is a representative sample of MTAC members, 'monster' would indeed be a most apt description. *shudder*

Where's the guise of civility when you need it?

Private Piano Teacher and MTAC Member
A
A
I will be there, and am attending a music teacher's convention for the first time! As a former pharmacist, it will be interesting to see the similarities/differences from pharmacy conventions. I suppose the music conventions don't have free drugs :-)

Shigeru Kawai SK6 (as of 10/22/12!!)
Ivers and Pond upright
MTNA, CAPMT
P
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
P
Amy, you'll find that the MTNA freebies are not in your former league. Pencils, fridge magnets, and note pads are about the extent of what you'll find at this trade show. But if you go to the publisher showcases, you'll get some free piano music. And lots of half-price offers.

Please greet me with the PW secret handshake if you see me!

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Amy B
I will be there, and am attending a music teacher's convention for the first time! As a former pharmacist, it will be interesting to see the similarities/differences from pharmacy conventions. I suppose the music conventions don't have free drugs :-)

Speaking of drugs, I'm wondering if the hotel, being on Disney property, has a bar. I'm remembering a previous conference where another PW teacher & I were able to get together for a couple of cocktails. The only trouble with getting old is I can't remember whether it was Dallas or Phoenix. The wife & I are actually staying at a nearby place, as the rates were about half of the Disney hotel, and probably just as nice. And we'll be able to get in a short, but brisk, walk a couple times a day.

"Those who dare to teach must never cease to learn." -- Richard Henry Dann
Full-time Private Piano Teacher offering Piano Lessons in Olympia, WA. www.mypianoteacher.com
Certified by the American College of Musicians; member NGPT, MTNA, WSMTA, OMTA
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
There are bars on the property, but not in the hotel.
You can hit the Tiki Room in the Disney complex or any number of other places.

In the California Adventure side of the park, I believe you can get beer, margaritas, and wine.

Learner
btb Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
John and "The wife" (what a deliciously antiquated term) ... having to live "down-town" due to percuniary shortfall ... obviously "can't spare a dime".

AT these musical conventions you can usually find me in the bar ... make mine a double!

I am one of the "small" publishers who forked out the money to exhibit at MTNA this year. I have a special coupon in the coupon book if you are attending the conference and will also be offering special "event pricing" on all of my publications. Will be glad to meet anyone who stops by the Piano Pronto booth =)

ETA: I will also be at MTAC in NorCal later this year...

~Jennifer

Last edited by Jennifer Eklund; 03/06/13 10:15 AM.

FREE 90-page eBook of sheet music: www.pianopronto.com/specialoffer

Piano Pronto Music Books: www.pianopronto.com

BA in Piano/MA Musicology

P
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
P
Sounds great, Jennifer. Look forward to meeting you: I always like to support the indy people in our industry.

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Jennifer Eklund
I am one of the "small" publishers who forked out the money to exhibit at MTNA this year. I have a special coupon in the coupon book if you are attending the conference and will also be offering special "event pricing" on all of my publications. Will be glad to meet anyone who stops by the Piano Pronto booth =)

~Jennifer

Oohh... I will be at that convention in June. What publications are you promoting?

Music School Owner
Early Childhood Music Teacher/Group Piano Teacher/Private Piano Teacher
Member of MTAC and Guild
I will also be there exhibiting in Booth #115 demoing my new iPad app, Moosic Studio to help you manage your music studio. I'll be giving away a few copies of the app away through out the conference.

Look for the cowbell and you'll know you've found the Moosic Studio!

See you all there!

Best,
Carlos Fontiveros
Twitter: @MoosicStudio

Get Moosic Studio today for the iPad...
the BEST way to manage your music studio on the iPad!

Available only on the AppStore (http://bit.ly/moosicstudio)
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
I had to fill out registration form before MTAC would reveal the $260 registration fee. Perhaps it's hidden somewhere else on the web site???? What is the member rate?

"Those who dare to teach must never cease to learn." -- Richard Henry Dann
Full-time Private Piano Teacher offering Piano Lessons in Olympia, WA. www.mypianoteacher.com
Certified by the American College of Musicians; member NGPT, MTNA, WSMTA, OMTA
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by John v.d.Brook
I had to fill out registration form before MTAC would reveal the $260 registration fee. Perhaps it's hidden somewhere else on the web site???? What is the member rate?

$180 if I pay by May 15. I pay a lot more than that for hotel stay.

Private Piano Teacher and MTAC Member
Originally Posted by dumdumdiddle
Originally Posted by Jennifer Eklund

~Jennifer

Oohh... I will be at that convention in June. What publications are you promoting?

I will have my entire catalogue of publications with me. I'm an independent self-published teacher/author who focuses on keeping the lesson experience fun/recreational with a variety of repertoire (arrangements of famous classics/original comps in a modern New Age style/plus standard piano rep.) There are full samples of everything I've written on my website which is in my signature wink

FREE 90-page eBook of sheet music: www.pianopronto.com/specialoffer

Piano Pronto Music Books: www.pianopronto.com

BA in Piano/MA Musicology

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission