2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
72 members (AndyOnThePiano2, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, Colin Miles, 36251, 13 invisible), 2,157 guests, and 343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 73 of 119 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 118 119

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

You're a glutton for punishment, Euan! laugh (I've still got some Croatian Rhapsody PTSD of my own...)

So far I think this book has a larger number of fairly easy pieces compared to Nightbook. Yay.

I was working on Underwood yesterday, and I noticed that the transcription was missing some of the left hand action that he played in the "Live From Home" concert. I may try to pick it out by ear, as the sheet music is so plain it comes across as a bit repetitive.

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Euan Morrison

I think I will start with Experience

Yikes. I have the sheet music book too, Experience is for the experienced I think, or was that the meaning of your smiley face. Based on Monica's comments, and a look in the book, Underwood looks OK for me to get started. LH looks easy smile and it sounds nice.

Last edited by spanishbuddha; 02/20/13 05:08 PM.
M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Just ordered Time Lapse...

A
A
I fully expect to be ordering many books after the concert next month. Can't wait!

David Lanz - Skyline Firedance Suite
Nobuo Uematsu - Final Fantasy 7 Main Theme
[Linked Image]
M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Allard
I fully expect to be ordering many books after the concert next month. Can't wait!

Now if only they would make it spiral bound...:)

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by spanishbuddha
Originally Posted by Euan Morrison

I think I will start with Experience

Yikes. I have the sheet music book too, Experience is for the experienced I think, or was that the meaning of your smiley face. Based on Monica's comments, and a look in the book, Underwood looks OK for me to get started. LH looks easy smile and it sounds nice.

After about an hour of finger-crunching practice on Experience, all I have to say is.....

Time Lapse is a really nice piece of music, I think I might learn that one first wink

Originally Posted by Allard

Bring your cash with you to the concert and buy them all there, and you'll be able to get them autographed by Ludovico himself. smile

S
S
Is there an errata site for Einaudi's sheet music?

I received the Nightbook book on Monday from book depository (thanks CarlosCC). It keeps drawing me from my "assigned" practice---I should focus on one piece in the book rather than stumbling through sight reading too many of them.

I think there are a few errors in the book, not many but at least one that I'm sure of, the 5th bar on the last section in Indaco has a G as the first note in the left hand which doesn't sound right. I think it should be an A. I searched the web, but no quick luck.

Has anyone here noted any problems, or is just my ears?

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by stumbler
Is there an errata site for Einaudi's sheet music?

I received the Nightbook book on Monday from book depository (thanks CarlosCC). It keeps drawing me from my "assigned" practice---I should focus on one piece in the book rather than stumbling through sight reading too many of them.

I think there are a few errors in the book, not many but at least one that I'm sure of, the 5th bar on the last section in Indaco has a G as the first note in the left hand which doesn't sound right. I think it should be an A. I searched the web, but no quick luck.

Has anyone here noted any problems, or is just my ears?

Hi stumbler,
I have the "Nightbook" book and was looking for the section you were saying and I have difficulty finding that specific mistake.

Let's try this:
1 - Look at this sheet, and try to point where do you think there is a mistake.
Indaco - Sheet music

2 - Or, hear my submission to ABF recital #26 and tell me where (mm:ss) do you think your book has the mistake.
Indaco - CarlosCC ABF Recital #26

I hope I can help you. Indaco is great!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
S
S
On the last page (p.25), third stave, fist bar, first note in the bass clef is a "G". To my ear this isn't what I am expecting. That is why I think this might be "A" instead.

On your recording this is around the 5:24 mark, but sounds fine. Are you playing "G" or "A"?

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by stumbler
On the last page (p.25), third stave, fist bar, first note in the bass clef is a "G". To my ear this isn't what I am expecting. That is why I think this might be "A" instead.

On your recording this is around the 5:24 mark, but sounds fine. Are you playing "G" or "A"?

I have just been playing this session and you are absolutely right, it is an "A". I had not noticed!
I played "Indaco" by ear and I only used the book as a guide, which leads me to overlook these errors.

Sometimes it happens, but I always trust my instincts smile

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
S
S
Sometimes it is my ears or my expectations. There is a phrase in a Mendelssohn piece I am working on that sounded odd when I first started on the piece, but sounds fine to me now. That's why I put the question to the forum.

So I will ask another question, this time in regards to "In Principio". On the second page, second stave, second bar, in the treble clef, the right hand has an A sharp. My ear wants to play A natural instead. Have you played this piece, and if so, do you play A sharp as in the score?

My final question is in regards to "The Tower" --- which, given its level of difficulty, I don't expect to attempt very often. On the second page, second stave, first bar, in the bass, the score has F C F. Here my ear wants F C sharp F. Have you tried this piece, and if so do you play C natural or C sharp?

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I don't know...
"In Principio" is in my "to-do" list, and I never played it. "Tower"? I never read the score.
And I'm sorry, I left home 1 hour ago, and I'm not be back until Sunday, so I can't check the book right now.

So, what I advice you, is to listen and watch carefully other players (in youtube?) and then, make your own decision. Play what you think it's right.
I think this is quite usual, because there are lots of errors in the sheets.

btw: One of the tricks I do is to ask to another person which version "sounds better". My daughter is always right smile

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
S
S
CarlosCC thanks for getting back to me. No problem, this isn't urgent. I was asking in the hope someone else had noticed the same things. I didn't want anyone to go to a lot of effort on this.

I don't think there are a lot of errors, possibly only these three. Overall quite good for 88 pages.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
This forum has given me so much pleasure - and help - that I felt compelled to register, and then to write in to say thank you. A few years ago, newly retired, I decided that if I was ever going to learn to play the piano, it was time make a start before arthritis closed the doors on that long-held dream. I found a pleasant young teacher and persevered with lessons for a couple of years (suffering La Bamba and Mexican Hat Dance, not to mention Hinkey, Dinkey, “Parley Voo”) until she moved interstate. I was on the verge of losing interest and didn’t look for another teacher.

Then twelve months ago, on a local radio station, I heard I Giorni for the first time, and fell in love.

Einaudi is virtually unheard-of here in Australia, but exploring with my computer, I quickly located the sheet music and my journey began. Nefeli was next, and then I found his The Best Of album which had to be ordered from London. I’m gradually working my way through almost everything in it, adding Nuvole Bianche for good measure.

Several weeks ago I came across this forum and suddenly I was no longer alone. Here were adult beginners, here were people who appreciated Einaudi as much as I do and had logged nearly 50 pages sharing their passion, here were playing tips and links to old and new Einaudi works. Here was the answer to the problem of an album that won’t lay flat and needed pegs.

The beautiful In a Time Lapse was delivered this week, and both of my albums are now spiral bound. I look forward to every minute at the piano, my playing improves steadily (it would need to!) and I’m over the moon. Which is why I just HAD to say ‘thank you’.

Now back to sorting out the fingering for Burning ...

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]Quarterly recitals from #38

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
Welcome to the forum, Marie, and I wish you the best in your piano journey. I Giorni is also the song that brought Einaudi into my life, thanks to my wife's discovery. I'm not around the forums much these days thanks to work, and I'm sure some of the more seasoned veterans will also welcome you and answer any questions you might have, but I wanted to say "hi."

1986 Yamaha C7E (owned since it was new...we've had quite a journey together)

http://www.youtube.com/user/SwayingTree65
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Welcome MarieJ!

I quite understand what you mean. I heard Einaudi for the first time here in ABF Recital #19 (wonderfull rendition of Nuvole Bianche by AnthonyB) and, as in Australia, Einaudi is not known here in Portugal. So, I was discovering his music surfing on the internet and, most important, sharing information with some of the "veterans" of PW. I learned a lot.

Therefore, I am eternally grateful to this wonderful community. To "repay" this, I can only share a few of my (little) experience with piano. So you can ask whatever you want! If I have something useful to say, I'll respond with pleasure.

There are some members of PW who are very dedicated to the work of Einaudi. I am, with great modesty, one of them and you can hear some excellent interpretations of Einaudi here: ABF Recital index - Einaudi
I'm sure you'll get inspired.

I'm waiting to hear your feedback and progress.
Good Luck!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube

Welcome, Marie!! smile

I'm working on "Burning" myself now, and I bet I can guess which measures are giving you fingering conniptions. There's a couple of chords I just can't reach and had to rearrange, and there are many measures where I just have to pedal the low notes into submission while reaching the high notes. I've come to the conclusion that Einaudi has long fingers. grin

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
For those living in America,

Mr. Einaudi is coming to the Warfield Theater in San Francisco on June 1st. In addition to his timeless repertoire, the audience should expect to hear pieces from his newest album. It promises to be a memorable show.

link: Einaudi in San Francisco

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
J
J
So I've been checking out his stuff on Spotify, and I really like it. How difficult are his pieces? I'm not sure how I would "classify" myself, but probably somewhere around late beginner/early intermediate. I like how pensive his pieces sound, and would love to try playing them! They'd help me break the monotony of some baroque and classical-era music I'm working on that isn't particularly interesting =)

Page 73 of 119 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 118 119

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission