2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
34 members (Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, admodios, 9 invisible), 1,220 guests, and 341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
JcKeys Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I have compiled this video to show the Annoying cut-off/muted notes which occur randomly on the Korg SP-250 DP (the one with the RH3 Keybed). I have also noticed and tested this on the LP-350 model. Maybe its with certain batch of DP's, but it's certainly noticeable to ignore it, not to mention very frustrating.

I have used 4 different sounds to demonstrate this. 2 Pianos, Ep & Clav. This "decay of notes" also happens on other patches, but is mostly noticeable on staccato sounds. This is the same issue (double triggering) which the Korg Kronos Workstation users had when it came out. Very few SP-250/LP-350 users have reported it, hence the need for a video.

http://youtu.be/Q9RDZqiBfQM

Korg Triton Studio, Yamaha P-105, MM6, PortaSound PSS-460 / Roland XP-60, SH-2000, Sonic Cell
Akai APC40 / M-Audio Oxygen 8 / Novation Remote SL Zero / Behringer FCB 1010 / Casio VL-Tone / Arturia 32-Key Anlog Factory / CME X-Keys.

A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
How about you take your ranting somewhere else? You didn't have to revive every Korg thread ever made to repeatedly make the same post.

J
JcKeys Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Ando, am sorry if u have got multiple posts & if they are troubling you.
But this was the only way to let more n more ppl know abt the ongoing RH3 action issue.
Its not an ranting. I just don't want ppl to go through the same trouble i am going through & caution them before buying these Korg DPs.
Peace.

Korg Triton Studio, Yamaha P-105, MM6, PortaSound PSS-460 / Roland XP-60, SH-2000, Sonic Cell
Akai APC40 / M-Audio Oxygen 8 / Novation Remote SL Zero / Behringer FCB 1010 / Casio VL-Tone / Arturia 32-Key Anlog Factory / CME X-Keys.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Well they trouble me. Let's quit SPAMMING. One post is sufficient.

Now I have to go get rid of those posts. You have any idea of the time it takes?

Ken

Hammond Organ Technician
Piano Torturer
A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by JcKeys
Ando, am sorry if u have got multiple posts & if they are troubling you.
But this was the only way to let more n more ppl know abt the ongoing RH3 action issue.
Its not an ranting. I just don't want ppl to go through the same trouble i am going through & caution them before buying these Korg DPs.
Peace.

The only way was to post the same thing in 12 or 13 different threads? I don't think so.

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Interesting video. I'm sure Korg and people who sell their products would be most upset at this freedom of speech, perhaps, "shoot the messenger".

Just to add, I had never seen this problem before so this is actually, "informative" and "multi-thread" claims inaccurate as far as I am concerned.

Also, may I suggest, when promoting the Yamaha Brand it does no favours by giving the impression Yamaha dealers are not bothered when a customer has a valid criticism to make on products.

He has presumably, bought an expensive product from a Dealer (perhaps pusher would be more accurate a title!) and it isn't up to standard.

VALID complaint (IMO).

Last edited by slipperykeys; 02/17/13 06:57 AM.
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Valid complaint maybe, but no need to spam this board multiple times. Take it to and spam the Korg forums.

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
I have looked through three pages of this board and have not found a thread on this specific subject.

The attitude shown by others here is rude and unpleasant. There are better ways to make a point.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
The moderator (Ken Knapp) is VERY hands-off. He seldom intrudes, yet he saw fit to do so here, saying "Let's quit SPAMMING. One post is sufficient." He's right.

ando said "You didn't have to revive every Korg thread ever made to repeatedly make the same post." and "The only way was to post the same thing in 12 or 13 different threads? I don't think so." I don't find that rude or unpleasant.

J
JcKeys Offline OP
OP Offline
J
The only way was to post the same thing in 12 or 13 different threads? I don't think so.

Precisely 6 Threads, excluding this original post. That too posts concerning SP250 & not all KORG threads. I read & went thru all of them before posting, it wasn't some random copy/paste.

Not a lot, taking into account thousands of posts which are on this forum.

J
JcKeys Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Ken Knapp
Let's quit SPAMMING.

Def -
Spamming, is the practice of sending unwanted messages, frequently with commercial content, in large quantities to an indiscriminate set of recipients.

"Spamming, is the practice of sending unwanted messages" - this post was related to Digital Pianos, I guess a little informative for people who are concerned about buying & choosing the right DP for themselves.

"frequently with commercial content" - I am not selling anything here, just sharing my experience. Am not even anti-Korg, I have their products and love them.

"in large quantities to an indiscriminate set of recipients" - I went through many threads to post on only on those, where users were thinking of buying SP250, talking about it or discussing about RH3 Hammer Action.

Originally Posted by Ken Knapp
One post is sufficient.

I can understand as a moderator you might have to deal with numerous threads & email notifications.
As you can see am a Junior member, A Newbee. Its a lesson learnt & I will refrain from posting multiple times. Again, I had no intention to cause trouble to so many people. I just thought since different people are on each thread, I could share this in a better way by posting it on various threads.

J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Lessons learned, points taken. Can we put this to rest ?

And if Korg can also come out with a killer (good) action in the future than all problems are history, be it thread wise or korg DP wise...

Cheers, J

V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Edit - missed the later posts where this matter was laid to rest.

Last edited by voxpops; 02/17/13 11:42 AM.

"you don't need to have been a rabbit in order to become a veterinarian"

mabraman, 2015
A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A

Precisely 6 Threads, excluding this original post. That too posts concerning SP250 & not all KORG threads. I read & went thru all of them before posting, it wasn't some random copy/paste.

There were more, some were deleted by the mod. You still haven't justified why you went for such blanket coverage with your gripe. Are you concerned that we don't read the forum thoroughly enough and that your important announcement might slip through the cracks?

J
JcKeys Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by ando
There were more, some were deleted by the mod.

Again, precisely 6 Threads, excluding this original post. You can go back and count.
Or you can confirm that with Mr.Ken, as I don't need any re-affirmation.

Even when you delete/edit, the post still appears as edited by *** , with edit reasons.

A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A

Again, precisely 6 Threads, excluding this original post. You can go back and count.

Even when you delete/edit, the post still appears as edited by *** , with edit reasons.

Whatever. Just don't pretend it was some kind of "newbie" error, like you have no idea about forum etiquette. Nobody is new to forums anymore - your detailed signature, compact username, and ease in posting show that you aren't either. All that happened was you were having an angry rant and decided to spread it far and wide. Own your rant dude - don't dumb it down by making excuses.

(oh, and not that it matters because 6 threads and multiple posts within them is already excessive, but mods can delete all trace of a post or thread. I know because I've been a mod on several forums using all popular messageboard software platforms).

Moving on. What are you doing now to rectify your problem with your Korg?

P
P

Whatever. Just don't pretend it was some kind of "newbie" error, like you have no idea about forum etiquette. Nobody is new to forums anymore - your detailed signature, compact username, and ease in posting show that you aren't either. All that happened was you were having an angry rant and decided to spread it far and wide. Own your rant dude - don't dumb it down by making excuses.

(oh, and not that it matters because 6 threads and multiple posts within them is already excessive, but mods can delete all trace of a post or thread. I know because I've been a mod on several forums using all popular messageboard software platforms).

Judge, Jury and Executioner. Little angry aren't we?

A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Providence

Judge, Jury and Executioner. Little angry aren't we?

I deem thee to be irrelevant. wink

Just to keep things on topic...

I actually tried this model out today at guitar center and it did exactly what the OP showed in the video. It was annoying to have random notes not sustain while playing... Otherwise I think it is a useful DP.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,166
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission