2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, brennbaer, accordeur, antune, anotherscott, benkeys, 10 invisible), 1,724 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by 4evrBeginR
Originally Posted by ju5t1n-h
I can open the piano to make it even louder - although its not necessary in a small apartment to make it louder!

If your EUP123 is anything like mine, I would think you would need to make it quieter. It's loud even with all the lids closed. The soundboard is a bit too efficient. laugh

Since you put the piano in the corner of the room, it will be very loud.

Yes!! you are right! compared to the yamaha I had, this piano sounds sooooo loud! Suppose thats due to the 48 1/2 inch soundbox!

Essex EUP-123S

B
B
Beautiful, congrats and enjoy.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Thrill Science
The only downside is I don't have a practice pedal,

If you had opted to get the Pearl River version of this piano

http://www.pearlriverusa.com/uprights.html

...you would have saved money and had your practice pedal! (See the 122S.)

And he would have a laminated soundboard rather than a tapered solid board. Among other things.

Gary
N
N
Beautiful!

I know this is an older thread from this year but I wanted to inquire about this piano and came across this thread; I didn't want to start a new thread on the subject.

We've looked at a few pianos over the years and now we're looking at this exact model, the Essex 123S, from Tom Lee music. I've seen some positive reviews and Essex originally wasn't a brand we were considering.

They have a showroom piano that is new, it's only been on the floor for two weeks. It sounds nice but probably needed some adjustment in the lower end. The advantage here is that the piano has already had one tuning and gets another in our home. But the dealer said the pianos we're well setup out of the box with an initial in home tuning, and that the choice was ours. I normally don't like purchasing items that have been demoed, but in this case I'm wondering if we should or do people buy them right from the warehouse? If a setup is being done in your home after it's delivered and then again awhile later, does it matter?

I should also point out we don't have much of an ear for piano. This is for our son who started conservatory last year. To our ears, the Essex sounded nice though, a warm sound, which we preferred over the other pianos they had in a similar size. I brought my friend that plays and in that range it was his choice.

Last edited by neolson; 07/08/13 11:49 AM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I played an Essex Grand recently and I liked the sound. Kind of a warmer sound compared to my piano before voicing. Bass was not that awesome though but was not too bad either. When it comes to instruments like this, I for sure want to try the one I am buying because you will find some instruments that are better to your ears than others even though they are supposed to be the same.
Just like when I was buying a violin. I tested several even from the same model and all had their own particular sound.
I am guessing your son will be testing the piano since that is the main person that must like it of course.

Good luck there! smile

N
N
Originally Posted by shaolin95
I played an Essex Grand recently and I liked the sound. Kind of a warmer sound compared to my piano before voicing. Bass was not that awesome though but was not too bad either. When it comes to instruments like this, I for sure want to try the one I am buying because you will find some instruments that are better to your ears than others even though they are supposed to be the same.
Just like when I was buying a violin. I tested several even from the same model and all had their own particular sound.
I am guessing your son will be testing the piano since that is the main person that must like it of course.

Good luck there! smile

That makes sense. I wish we could compare it to another piano of the same model, they only have one of each model on the floor which makes it hard.

A
Bronze Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
A
Very pretty piano, Justin! Thanks for the pictures.

By the way, you really should move her out of that corner if she is too loud.

Enjoy! thumb

Last edited by Almaviva; 07/08/13 12:07 PM. Reason: grammar
P
P
Cool looking piano, also that Fender guitar next to it.

Schimmel C169 Kawai NV5S
J
OP Offline
J
thanks guys - I love it... thats the only thing I can say. I love the sound, the look and the feel.. It is the most expensive thing that i've ever bought, but so worth it. I was too not looking for an essex, but when I sat down and played it, love at first sound, sounds corny, but it was!

Essex EUP-123S

N
N
thanks guys - I love it... thats the only thing I can say. I love the sound, the look and the feel.. It is the most expensive thing that i've ever bought, but so worth it. I was too not looking for an essex, but when I sat down and played it, love at first sound, sounds corny, but it was!

Was it a floor model you picked up? Or did they ship you one from the warehouse? And was it from Tom Lee?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
That music stand is amazingly long!

Previously: Kawai MP-10, 1980 Yamaha C7, 2012 Young Chang Y175
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,244
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission