2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
23 members (HZPiano, admodios, johnesp, clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., Joseph Fleetwood, 7 invisible), 1,274 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
People may not know but I have gone out of my way before trying to help Mark.

I feel very bad when someone is not happy with his piano, especially when it's a very well regarded make we happen to represent ourselves. My efforts to Mark were 100% sincere.

Despite several probings including talking with dealer myself, no information to date has been given indicating where a problem with the piano may be.

General descriptions of sorts all seem to fall under general maintaintanace, regulation and questions of voicing perhaps.

If it is anything else, there's a factory warranty, by the one one of the fastest and most reliable in the industry.

At no time howeve, was there an indication that actual parts or components needed being changed which as mentioned, would not have been a problem if they were.

Most importantly,and people may not know this, there have been several overtures by dealer to make his customer happy, including apparently exchanging the piano or getting full credit towards another one.

In my book, this is exemplary behaviour by the dealer.

To *not* accept any of these options leaves one one puzzled of what this case is all about.

There's nothing against Mark at all - he can choose to do whatever he likes to - but to come on board at the very moment when people report about their overall very happy experience with this piano, can't help but leave one puzzled.

Also from our experience used Estonias are today a sought after commodidity on market selling very well - nobody's getting calls or needs getting calls "from Nigeria"....

So what is this all about?

Without Mark's own help including "accepting" any help that has been offered to him, this case will forever be a mystery.

Still believing that the offer of being helpful to Mark and "accepting it" by himself should remain an open option. thumb

To make Mark happy is what this is all about.
But it needs two to tango..

It it's become a question "for" or "against" anybody, it's actually all "for Mark"

Norbert smile

Last edited by Norbert; 02/03/13 04:10 PM.

M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Again Norbert you do not know what you are talking about.

As I stated there were kinks in the strings causing terrible overtones. They said they believed it was from the string leveling machine. Most of the strings were replaced, but not all. They used Pure Tone strings. It took 4 months to get them. Talking to the supplier the dealer waited a LONG time to order them. It took 3 months to put in the strings. Lyre was creaking badly and is still an issue. It was reportedly replaced.

The dealer sent his "best guy" over when the piano still sounded bad. Your words Norbert.

When the dealers "best guy" was done he said I needed to use one of their tuners (Which I now use). John Gunderson. He also said the piano needed more string work at a later date.

At this point and for months the principals involved would not take my calls or call back.

I told Norbert that I gave up..since the dealer seemed to have given up.

I am trying to sell the piano. Case closed.

I also believe Norbert is trying to discredit the said dealer in some under handed way. Just a guess.

His private messages to me stated how bad my piano sounded and that the dealer needed to make it right. This was way after all the work was done except for the visit by the "big guy tech".

Recently he wanted to know what was the status of my piano and I told him I was selling it. That the dealer would not take my calls. I told him to not get involved.

Again Norbert, mind your own business. And if you don't like my Estonia comments too bad. All I said in this thread was I wasn't getting any action on Piano mart. Not one negative word about the piano having problems.

P
peabody Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Back to the original issue....
I'm wondering if there are any estonia 168 owners out there who are satisfied with their purchase... interested in hearing from them. Thanks

Last edited by peabody; 02/03/13 05:40 PM.

Peabody
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Purchased in 2004 and extremely satisfied. We once hosted a recital for my daughter's teacher, a fine pianist who comes from a very musical family. Anyway, she said our piano was her favorite among all the ones she'd ever played. We bought it when our son was nine. He's now a conservatory piano student, so it has seen heavy use and held up very well.

Originally Posted by peabody
Back to the original issue....
I'm wondering if there are any estonia 168 owners out there who are satisfied with their purchase... interested in hearing from them. Thanks
If you already own one, what's the point of asking? There is a site for Estonia owners that might interest you, but someone else will have to tell you the name as I don't remember it.

P
peabody Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Yes, I already have one but am a bit dis-satisfied with a few things. Just wanting to connect with others who own the same piano to compare notes.

The estonia site is very lonely by the way.

Thanks to those who have posted.

Last edited by peabody; 02/03/13 07:10 PM.

Peabody
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by pianoloverus
There is a site for Estonia owners that might interest you, but someone else will have to tell you the name as I don't remember it.

It was called Estoniaworld, and was very active for a few years, but it no longer exists.

L
L
I am also an Estonia 168 owner. The piano was newly purchased in 2010.

P
peabody Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi Lolek...
Curious to know your level of satisfaction with your instrument. Also, do you remember how many tunings it took before stabilizing. Lastly, how do you have it voiced? On the mellow to bright continuum.

Thanks
Peabody

Peabody
E
E
Hi All,

My wife and I just received our new L168 this past weekend and could not be more thrilled! Over the last several months, we visited a number of dealers and "test-drove" many nice pianos. In the end, we decided on Estonia and could not be any happier with our decision. Navigating through all of the information and sometimes subtle differences between makes and models was educating (and sometimes overwhelming!), but very rewarding in that we have a much better understanding and appreciation of pianos in general.

The one individual who helped immensely with our education and decision was Norbert at Heritage Pianos. From our first meeting, we immediately had the sense that we were dealing with a consummate professional with an incredible knowledge and love of pianos. Norbert literally spent hours with us discussing the differences between pianos in terms of the components used and their construction (at one point he actually partially disassembled a piano to help us understand!). But most importantly, he afforded us time alone to simply play and experience the instruments for ourselves. There was never any pressure to purchase the piano from him and I truly believe that he would have been just as sincere and happy for us had we found and purchased a piano from another dealer.

Norbert, you consistently went above and beyond for us and we cannot thank you enough for all the help and support throughout!

Chris

Dear Chris,
Thank you for joining Piano World forums just in time to write that post. I have bought my ticket and am on my way to Canada. While there, I shall be sure to ask Norbert if he has any bridges to sell me, too.
sleepy

Estonia17151:

Thank you very much for your kind words, we're honored!
Enjoy your new piano - know it means a lot to you!
best regards,
Norbert smile

Last edited by Norbert; 02/17/13 01:34 PM.

Norbert, talking to yourself on the internet is not a good sign.

J
J
This was an interesting thread until someone called out someone else on a manner better handled privately. Now it's a complete joke of a troll thread complete with sockpuppets. Don't you guys see how highly PW threads are featured in Google search results? Flame threads only tarnish the sites reputation and drive away traffic. If you feel the need to berate someone personally please do it via PM.

(Incidentally -- I tried to send the message via but apparently there is a limit making PMs to some members in possible. PW should rectify this as broken PM systems force the dirty laundry into the spotlight)

Back on topic I have never seen an Estonia. In the St Louis market that make doesn't exist.

If I had found a "report post" option I would have used it.

Originally Posted by sleepy
Dear Chris,
Thank you for joining Piano World forums just in time to write that post. I have bought my ticket and am on my way to Canada. While there, I shall be sure to ask Norbert if he has any bridges to sell me, too.
sleepy

Originally Posted by sleepy
Norbert, talking to yourself on the internet is not a good sign.

Sleepy, it is not often that we moderators get involved with various arguments and spats that occur between members. It is apparent that you are after Norbert for some reason and your comments here are harsh and overbearing.

Your accusations regarding the new poster joining PW just to praise Norbert and their new Estonia are unfounded and unnecessary, particularly the comment about Norbert selling bridges; if it was meant as a joke, it is not very funny, I’m afraid.

Norbert has provided evidence that Chris is indeed a real customer and sincere about their comments. There is no need to go so far as to insult Norbert and accuse him of being dishonest in any way. This is unacceptable in my view, and I think you own Norbert an apology.

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
J
J
Rick if you're satisfied the customer is legit I'll retract the sock puppet insinuation. I do however stand by my request that personal grudges be taken to PMs. The only reason I posted publicly is that some of the pm inboxes were full or blocked.

I hope the customer wasn't too scared off to say more about their piano. I've yet to see one in person.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission