2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (36251, Bostonmoores, 20/20 Vision, Cheeeeee, Adam Reynolds, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 5 invisible), 1,303 guests, and 295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by debrucey
When there is evidence bearing on a subject, personal opinion is not of interest.

Even if there wasn't any scientific evidence, it's still pretty obvious that we don't choose our orientation. I started getting feelings of infatuation at a very young age. Funny how I never felt that way about any males. Did I, as a little tot, decide that I wasn't going to be attracted to males? ...

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by landorrano
Originally Posted by theJourney
you must admit that you, including your sexuality, are your brain and body.

You, including your brain and your body (and your piano!) are your sexuality.

How very Darwinian of you!
And to think I am managing quite well thank you very much with an-under-six-footer....

L
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by JoelW
I stated getting feelings of infatuation at a very young age.

Apparently you mean infatuation with girls. But so it is with all boys, even if later in life they don't remember.

Funny how I never felt that way about any males.
Do you really believe that you know today what you felt as a child?

Did I, as a little tot, decide that I wasn't going to be attracted to males? ...

You seem to be quite young, you will certainly be surprised at many attractions that you feel along the long road of life, and at how you will in the future interpret feelings that you had in your youth.

L
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by theJourney

And to think I am managing quite well thank you very much with an-under-six-footer....

Ah, apparently you have an upright !

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Not right now, no.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Do you really believe that you know today what you felt as a child?

Uhhh yeah... probably because I have memory. That might be it. You know what, *snap*, by golly that is it! Who would have thought?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
How many of you would trade in your present sexual "preference" to become a wealthy concert pianist?

"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."
David Loving, Waxahachie, Texas
O
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
O

As for choosing their sexuality, that is to say, straight or gay, in my opinion all human beings do.

Surely you jest.

I've never met a single person who "chose" their sexual orientation, and I'm a couple of weeks shy of 63. I was attracted to girls at age 5, and yes, I have very clear memories of that, because those thoughts occupied most of my childhood fantasies. (OK, maybe they still do.) grin So what sort of "choice" could I have been making at the age of 5, when I had never even heard the word "sex"?

And what about the millions of gay people in this world? Are they a mass of raving masochists, who "choose" to be gay so they can enjoy being insulted, ridiculed, and beaten to a pulp? Society may be more tolerant of homosexuality today, but it still remains one tough slog, so the idea that anyone would choose to be gay is ludicrous. Any more than I chose to be straight, or chose to have blue eyes.

By extension, would you also say that left-handed people choose to be lefties so they can struggle their entire lives with appliances made for the rest of us? Frankly, I'm stunned by your comment.

A
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Old Man

As for choosing their sexuality, that is to say, straight or gay, in my opinion all human beings do.

And what about the millions of gay people in this world? Are they a mass of raving masochists, who "choose" to be gay so they can enjoy being insulted, ridiculed, and beaten to a pulp? Society may be more tolerant of homosexuality today, but it still remains one tough slog, so the idea that anyone would choose to be gay is ludicrous.

With due respect landorrano, I would have to agree with Old Man. His post certainly makes more intuitive sense.

Jason
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Old Man,
Nicely spoken.

D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Old Man

Surely you jest.

I've never met a single person who "chose" their sexual orientation, and I'm a couple of weeks shy of 63. I was attracted to girls at age 5, and yes, I have very clear memories of that, because those thoughts occupied most of my childhood fantasies. (OK, maybe they still do.) grin So what sort of "choice" could I have been making at the age of 5, when I had never even heard the word "sex"?

And what about the millions of gay people in this world? Are they a mass of raving masochists, who "choose" to be gay so they can enjoy being insulted, ridiculed, and beaten to a pulp? Society may be more tolerant of homosexuality today, but it still remains one tough slog, so the idea that anyone would choose to be gay is ludicrous. Any more than I chose to be straight, or chose to have blue eyes.

By extension, would you also say that left-handed people choose to be lefties so they can struggle their entire lives with appliances made for the rest of us? Frankly, I'm stunned by your comment.

I don't agree with the Old man!
Homosexuality gets forced down my throat! They tell me that all gays are nice people, they are loving, they are kind,... & bla bla bla . . . Well I remember the first time someone told me what homosexuals do. I said "They put their "WHAT" into another guys "WHAT"??? I was shocked cause I thought, maybe homosexuals missed sex education class. grin So poop came from that place and I just couldn't wrap my thinking around the strangeness of "doing" that to someones' . . . Each to his own, but I ummmm well, . . . well, I still can't and won't go for that. Nor should I have to!

I watch a tv program where this guy had a love interest in his "sister"! She didn't like how he was acting around here, so the guy went for help from a councellor and solved his stronge desires for his sister. She didn't have the same feelings he did!

Anyways, there are some of us (me) who will never understand how men want men or how woman want woman. It's not that we are "homophobic" just like if I don't want to take "illegal drugs" makes me "drugaphobic"! I don't want to get high, I have a right to not do drugs if I chose not to. I have had people try to force me to take drugs & verbally abuse me for not going ahead with it. Call me a goody 2 shoes but leave me be!! . I personally just won't agree with homosexuallity, nor should I be forced to. I think when a man lays with a woman, a baby is produced. When a man lays with a man, nothing is produced. It just doesn't sit right with me. I don't understand it, so please . . . don't force it down my throat! I'm not beating up gays, I'm just not comfortable with the whole . . . with the whole, thought of it!

Thank you for understanding my side. I have a right to not accept it. Please don't verbally abuse me for having a different view of this than you do!

I play the piano. What I do in my bedroom is my business!

Last edited by Diane...; 02/16/13 02:19 AM.

http://www.pianoworld.com/Uploads/files/goldsparkledress.jpg
Diane
Jazz/Blues/Rock/Boogie Piano Teacher
[Linked Image]
A
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Diane...

What I do in my bedroom is my business!

Well then please take your self-satisfied, blissful, ignorant, and intolerant stupidity somewhere else. I don't give a crap what you do in your bedroom.

Just go away. Most of your posts on this board have frankly disgusted me anyway.

Jason
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Well I remember the first time someone told me what homosexuals do. I said "They put their "WHAT" into another guys "WHAT"??? I was shocked cause I thought, maybe homosexuals missed sex education class. grin So poop came from that place

You DO know what comes out of the "regular" place, right?

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Thank you for understanding my side. I have a right to not accept it. Please don't verbally abuse me for having a different view of this than you do!
Then what on earth are you doing here?!?!

The one minute you don't like it when someone creates a blood thread about Valentines day in the teachers forum and you vent in there complaining...

And then you come here in someone's thread to proclaim that you don't accept the way of life of others?!?!

As is the business of anyone else here or in the world. Why should you care?

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Can a mod please close this thread already?

A
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Orange Soda King

You DO know what comes out of the "regular" place, right?

Yes, her post. Though the 'regular' stuff must be pleasantly fragrant compared to what Diane posted.

This thread was going very well until the turd-in-the-punchbowl arrived to add that extra spice to our otherwise civil discussion.

And good night.

Jason
T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
I don't agree with the Old man!
Homosexuality gets forced down my throat! They tell me that all gays are nice people, they are loving, they are kind,... & bla bla bla . . . Well I remember the first time someone told me what homosexuals do. I said "They put their "WHAT" into another guys "WHAT"??? I was shocked cause I thought, maybe homosexuals missed sex education class. grin So poop came from that place and I just couldn't wrap my thinking around the strangeness of "doing" that to someones' . . . Each to his own, but I ummmm well, . . . well, I still can't and won't go for that. Nor should I have to!

I watch a tv program where this guy had a love interest in his "sister"! She didn't like how he was acting around here, so the guy went for help from a councellor and solved his stronge desires for his sister. She didn't have the same feelings he did!

Anyways, there are some of us (me) who will never understand how men want men or how woman want woman. It's not that we are "homophobic" just like if I don't want to take "illegal drugs" makes me "drugaphobic"! I don't want to get high, I have a right to not do drugs if I chose not to. I have had people try to force me to take drugs & verbally abuse me for not going ahead with it. Call me a goody 2 shoes but leave me be!! . I personally just won't agree with homosexuallity, nor should I be forced to. I think when a man lays with a woman, a baby is produced. When a man lays with a man, nothing is produced. It just doesn't sit right with me. I don't understand it, so please . . . don't force it down my throat! I'm not beating up gays, I'm just not comfortable with the whole . . . with the whole, thought of it!

I am sure that this post is representative for any number of forum members who have the self-control to bite their lip, count to ten and avoid posting it on a public forum. Thank you for posting, Diane! It demonstrates why there is so much more work to be done to move our societies from being based on ignorance and hatred instead of love and mutual understanding. I imagine that you are doing the best you can and I have compassion for you as a human being.

Freud would have a hay day with the subconscious-revealing fact that the some of the most rabidly intolerant and homophobic people seem to absolutely love the phrase " forced down my throat ". What's that about anyway?

You seem to be suffering from quite some muddled thinking. Comparing homosexuals to hard drug users makes no logical sense.

As to procreation, actually, the overwhelming majority of all heterosexual sex has nothing to do with producing a baby, just like homosexual sex. It has to do with love and sharing and reveling in "God-given" pleasure.

Goody two shoes because of your bigotry? Hmmm. We wouldn't call you a " goody 2 shoes " if you came on here to proclaim that all Asian-Canadians should be forced to live in ghetto work camps or sent back to where their ancestors came from. So, why would exposing your bigotry towards homosexuals & suggesting that they have no right to be visible in society to avoid impacting your sensibilities make you good?

Interestingly enough, the sodomy laws that for years were on the books (next to the laws legalizing slavery, marginalizing women and prohibiting whites from marrying inferior "coloreds", etc.) all across North America and are still on the books in such lovely, freedom-loving places such as Iran and Saudia Arabia, prohibit all sex between men and women that takes place in the throat and in the other WHAT?. Yet, among teen and young adult heterosexuals, especially on the North American continent, promiscuous casual hookups and throat sex are as common as the common cold and sex in the other WHAT? also has resilient popularity. Yet many homosexuals may have only strictly monogamous decades-long relationships and neither one in their repertoire of sexual behavior. One does not necessarily lead to the other.

You are confusing things and are letting the primitive disgust programming of your reptilian brain and your strange focus on sex acts override your human, humane and rational-thinking pre-frontal cortex. You are in turn choosing to cling to ignorance and beliefs that are bigoted and discriminatory.

There is a difference between a person's innate, "God-given", sexual orientation and one's sexual practices.

Do you honestly believe that if a law were passed making it illegal for you to be heterosexual, that you could simply go to a counselor and, after a few sessions you would be "cured" and sexually attracted to and aroused by women? Is that an underlying fear that feeds your stridency?

But no one is forcing you to be homosexual.
No one is forcing you to have obsessive, uncontrollable prurient thoughts about others' sex lives (although you are one of the very few to choose to even bring them up actually).
No one is forcing you to have a " gay marriage ".
No one is forcing you to have jet black skin.
No one is forcing you to be a Canadian Native American or Inuit.
No one is forcing you to be left-handed, or blind or born without legs.

What people can reasonably expect, however, is that you respect all of the above groups of people for what and who they are and that you work on yourself instead of tearing others down through a childish disgust reaction and bigoted social conditioning.

And, if that is too much to ask, then you might want to follow my mother's advice and "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
It's funny how many arguments against homosexuality, when scrutinised, turn out to be nothing more than 'eeeeeeeew bumsex'. There are far more heterosexuals who engage in the activity which disgusts you. The pure statistics make it so.

As for making babies, well, what you say is also true of the elderly and the infertile, and people who don't want children. There are enough human beings in the world already, why should we be judging the validity of someones love for another human being on whether or not they could produce another mouth for the world to feed?

C
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
C
Oi! This is daily reading for many of us bystanders. Mods, let's stick with the free speech.

Laissez tomber les mains
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by chopin_r_us
Oi! This is daily reading for many of us bystanders. Mods, let's stick with the free speech.
LOL!

Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission