2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
50 members (AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, Carey, CharlesXX, 10 invisible), 1,657 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 42 of 75 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 74 75
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Great job, now where's the vid? smile
SC

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TTigg
Great job, now where's the vid? smile
SC

Yea, about that ... smile

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Undone

Now that I’m back, I’m close to finishing up with Bach’s Prelude in C Major (still need to make copies of the music so I can avoid the page turn), and “Swan Lake”. Two great pieces.

Undone

Undone, congrats on finishing Bach's Prelude! That piece, according to
the ABF graded pieces list, and some sources online is rated as a very, very challenging piece to play. Unless I am horribly mistaken, these sources are indicating it to be nearly as difficult as some of Chopin's etudes. Unless I am misreading this? The piece does look challening, but I'm sort of suprised it is listed among the most difficult, so I am thinking I am not understanding something with the listing/ratings. This may seem tedious, but I am curious.

[Linked Image]
Waltz, thanks for the congrats, but me thinks you may be looking at something else. This is Bach’s Prelude in C from “The Well-Tempered Clavier” (BWV 846) and is only listed as a “Grade 2” piece in the “Graded Pieces” list that I have. I’d say it’s a little more difficult then “Prelude in D Minor”. Still, it’s a wonderful piece and I enjoy playing it.

Undone

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Waltz, thanks for the congrats, but me thinks you may be looking at something else. This is Bach’s Prelude in C from “The Well-Tempered Clavier” (BWV 846) and is only listed as a “Grade 2” piece in the “Graded Pieces” list that I have. I’d say it’s a little more difficult then “Prelude in D Minor”. Still, it’s a wonderful piece and I enjoy playing it.

Undone

Good to hear from you buddy thumb It seems that many of us "#3'rs" are spinning off in different directions, I think its great! I've finished up Star Spangled Banner (love the oh say does our flag part) and am now moving onto Prelude in C Major shocked

I will eventually (soon'sh) get cracking on my Great Great Grandfathers stuff. Been very busy with the "side project" which is going to launch next weekend! After that hopefully things will settle down a little and I can focus on some good practice and "brush up" of my repertoire.

I can see that this one's going to a 2wk'r for sure, maybe 3. Although the patterns are very repetitive so that may help me (memory wise)

thumb
SC

[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Undone,

Got it now! I was looking at some other Bach Prelude in C, not the WTC suffix one. Hmm, I think it should be listed as more difficult than a 2! Maybe a 3. It looks much more difficult than the Bach pieces from Anna's Notebook...

TTigg,

Glad to hear an update from you. I am not motivated to learn the Star Spangled Banner, it sort of reminds me of Pomp and Circumstance from Book 2. I hope the Prelude works out for you, I'm sure it will. The "side project" sounds mysterious... Will it be on youtube laugh ?

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Waltz

TTigg,

Glad to hear an update from you. I am not motivated to learn the Star Spangled Banner, it sort of reminds me of Pomp and Circumstance from Book 2. I hope the Prelude works out for you, I'm sure it will. The "side project" sounds mysterious... Will it be on youtube laugh ?

Nope but I will have a website up very soon smile Baby steps since there is so much work to do (inventory wise) thumb
- SC

[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

TTigg,

Nope but I will have a website up very soon smile Baby steps since there is so much work to do (inventory wise) thumb
- SC

I've always wondered how to actually build a website from the ground up; I've heard it's not easy. What type of website will it be? Is it piano related?

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

I've always wondered how to actually build a website from the ground up; I've heard it's not easy. What type of website will it be? Is it piano related?

Well we're using the basic "template" from GoDaddy (for now). Not Piano related but I will have (and currently a few) Piano related products smile
SC

[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
TTigg – Good to hear from you as well. I’m glad you enjoyed Star Spangled Banner. It took some doing for me to get into this piece but once I did I enjoyed playing it too.

Waltz – if you weren’t working with a teacher I’d say you should “take your medicine” i.e. go ahead and give Star Spangled Banner a try. It employs some techniques that are worth learning.

PS: TTigg – I look forward to seeing / hearing more on your Great Great Grand-composer’s stuff.

Undone

[Linked Image]
Well here it is, my “time to move on recording” of Prelude in C Major. This one's definitely a keeper.

Prelude in C Major

Undone

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Well here it is, my “time to move on recording” of Prelude in C Major. This one's definitely a keeper.

Prelude in C Major

Undone

Played like a true pianist! Now that's what I call music!

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

PS: TTigg – I look forward to seeing / hearing more on your Great Great Grand-composer’s stuff.

Undone

Man indeed, me too! I've got so much to do and so little time. Thus far I've managed to uncover some 200 recordings, not all the sheets for them. Seems he was quite popular in his day!

SC

[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Prelude in C Major

Undone

Played like a true pianist! Now that's what I call music!

Totally agreed. Although I'm sitting on the fence as to how the piece sounds towards the middle & end. As the music that is, not your playing smile LOVE the beginning! and you've played it so bloody well, good job! thumb
SC

[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
My performance of Clementi's Prelude in D Minor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do8BOOG87hs

Not perfect, probably could have had a faster tempo. Took a while to record because I would make random errors over and over after I had played half the piece.

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Not perfect, probably could have had a faster tempo. Took a while to record because I would make random errors over and over after I had played half the piece.

Nice work (as always) Waltz! thumb

[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Nice work (as always) Waltz! thumb

Thanks! smile

[Linked Image]
N
N

nicely done! I just started page one of this this past week smile

Great job on Cementi's Prelude in D Minor there Waltz. I love the mood of this piece.

Undone

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

Prelude in C Major

Undone

Undone - excellent rendition of the Bach Prelude - very well done! - nice continuing emphasise of the RH with subdued (but always present and heard) LH - yes, a real keeper (and maybe a good ABF Recital piece?) - I wasn't planning on trying this one out (since Bach's stuff generally doesn't have enough melody to keep me happy), but having heard your lovely version I'm now seriously reconsidering.

JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
Page 42 of 75 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 74 75

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission