2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (bcalvanese, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, benkeys, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, 13 invisible), 2,108 guests, and 322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
weephee Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hello Can anyone tell me if this piano part supply company in Oregon is back in business. It had been dormant for a while, I am nervous to place an order if it is still not in business. Website is up and running but no one answers the phone.
Thanks

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Holy 90's Batman! If they ARE still in
business, that web site could use a
little "tuning" laugh

D
Del Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by weephee
Hello Can anyone tell me if this piano part supply company in Oregon is back in business. It had been dormant for a while, I am nervous to place an order if it is still not in business. Website is up and running but no one answers the phone.

You might get more response from this if you posted it on the piano technicians forum.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Research, Design & Manufacturing Consultant
ddfandrich@gmail.com
(To contact me privately please use this e-mail address.)

Stupidity is a rare condition, ignorance is a common choice. --Anon
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Del

You might get more response from this if you posted it on the piano technicians forum.
I am not sure. I talk to many technicians, and I have never heard of an actual piano technician doing business there.

JG
D
Del Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Supply
Originally Posted by Del

I am not sure. I talk to many technicians, and I have never heard of an actual piano technician doing business there.

But I think there have been some discussions...none particularly flattering but still discussions.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Research, Design & Manufacturing Consultant
ddfandrich@gmail.com
(To contact me privately please use this e-mail address.)

Stupidity is a rare condition, ignorance is a common choice. --Anon
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
This is just my opinion, but there are a few members here who are in the piano supply business... Jurgen Goering (Supply) for one. I'd suggest doing business with them.

And, I'm not advertising for Jurgen... I'm just making a suggestion. Unlike some members here who are in the business, I have never known him to take advantage of the forum for subtle advertising purposes. However, I think he is selective in who he sells to... smile

Also, this site (PianoSupplies.com) sells some piano supplies; anything we can do to support each other here is a good thing.

When I buy piano supplies or parts I look for quality, service, cost and eaise of doing business.

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rickster
This is just my opinion, but there are a few members here who are in the piano supply business... Jurgen Goering (Supply) for one. I'd suggest doing business with them.
[...]
However, I think he is selective in who he sells to... smile

And there's the rub, Rick. Jurgen states expressly on his webpage that he will not supply tools and materials to hobbyists. (And I presume that the OP is a hobbyist, judging by the supplier he is asking about.)

I was fortunate enough to be referred to Schaff personally by one of the techs on this forum. Failing that, I would probably bought from International Piano Supply Co. myself. Options for cost-conscious non-pros are somewhat limited...

When I buy piano supplies or parts I look for quality, service, cost and eaise of doing business.

OK, I'll bite. wink So, where do you buy?

Autodidact interested in piano technology.
1970 44" Ibach, daily music maker.
1977 "Ortega" 8' + 8' harpsichord (Rainer Schütze, Heidelberg)
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
I don't know what their present status is and, yes, their web design is pretty crappy. However, over the years I have bought quite a few things from them. They always treated me well, gave me quick knowledgeable service and made me a happy customer.

At one time I bought a set of hammers from them, they gave helpful recommendations and when they came from the supplier poorly drilled, they got them replaced immediately with no problems.

They made me a happy customer. Don't know what's going on with them now.

Laugh More
Yamaha G7 - Roland FP7 - Roland FP80
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
One would imagine that a company actively in business would have a telephone. Directory Assistance would surely know the number.

Clef

Originally Posted by Mark R.
OK, I'll bite. So, where do you buy?

I’ve purchased piano wire and bass strings from Mapes Piano Wire in Elizabethton Tennessee. I’ve purchased some miscellaneous supplies from this site. I’ve bought other specific piano supplies from Howard Piano Industries (on eBay).

To be honest, I forgot about the statement on Jurgen’s website, so disregard what I said. I did mention that he is selective in who he sells to and he can pick and choose who he sells to, which is his privilege.

Hope I have not stirred up a can of worms here… I was just trying to be helpful. smile

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Piano Forte Supply is a wholesale business. Wholesalers sell to the trade, while retailers sell to the public at large.

JG
International Piano Supply's website is indeed a mess - they need to get on that, because there are lots of free or inexpensive web catalog and inventory management applications that bolt into free web content management systems like Wordpress and Drupal, so the cost of developing a decent shopping site is pretty low these days - but yes, you can still order from them.

The most up-to-date website, with online catalogue is: http://www.pianoparts.com/

Their catalogue (large PDF file download) is here. It is very detailed, and maybe easier to use than the website. https://www.pianoparts.com/ipscat.pdf

They charge more for smaller orders (5% more for orders under $150), so they are sort of a semi-wholesale/semi-retail company. Plan your orders I guess.

No, I'm not affiliated with them smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hobby piano people are well served by this company: http://www.stevespianoservice.com/

E
E
I have bought from AMS: AMS site

No minimum, reasonable shipping and quick service.

Ed (Out in the West Texas town of El Paso)
Yamaha P255
M
M
FWIW I just recently ordered some tools and supplies from here:
http://www.vandaking.com/piano-parts.html

It was a little slow by online shopping standards (ordered Sunday, shipped Wed, received Monday), but they seem to have a pretty large catalog and seem friendly enough. My order appears to have drop shipped direct from Schaff as far as I can tell. $30 min.

Rob

Last edited by miscrms; 02/08/13 08:03 PM.
M
M
I’ve bought other specific piano supplies from Howard Piano Industries (on eBay).

Saw them on ebay too, and also noticed they do have a website you can order directly from.

http://howardpianoindustries.com/piano-parts-supplies.html

They seem to have a few nice listings for the hobbyist, like piano wire in 10' lengths, and a keyboard punching set with front and balance rail felts and probably enough papers in different thicknesses to do a whole piano.

Rob

A
A
vandaking.com, which also markets itself as PianoShowcase, sells to anyone. Everything I have bought there ended up coming directly from Schaff piano. Literally everything. So there is a way for non-pros to get the real Schaff parts & tools.

M
M
BTW, although they have less selection, an advantage I noticed to using the Howard website is they offer USPS shipping. It varies as to which site is cheaper on any given item, but with UPS ground starting at about $15 minimum the USPS option is nice for small orders.

For example, an order I was just looking at:

#1 tuning hammer tip & tip wrench total with tax & shipping:
Howard: $26.31
vandaking: $46.70

Rob

K
Platinum Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
Platinum Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
K
stevespianoservice.com supports hobbyists with high quality parts, materials, tools and technical support.

Keith Akins, RPT
Piano Technologist
USA Distributor for Isaac Cadenza hammers and Profundo Bass Strings
Supporting Piano Owners D-I-Y piano tuning and repair
editor emeritus of Piano Technicians Journal

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission