2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (Colin Miles, bcalvanese, 20/20 Vision, booms, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 10 invisible), 1,924 guests, and 261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
dcb Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I'm going to drive through CT to get to NYC to do some piano shopping. I know Beethoven Pianos is a place to go. Any suggestions of other piano stores to visit while I'm there? I'm looking to try new Estonia, Charles Walter, Hailun and also try to find a good inventory of vintage rebuilt Mason and Hamlin and Steinway pianos.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My budget is between 15k and 20k so I'm probably going to try to find a great used grand piano.

Thanks.

S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
The only Estonia dealer in the northeast is right off the Merrit Parkway in Stamford, Allegro Pianos. You should call ahead to make an appointment and plan to spend a while there. Their selection includes Estonia, Bosendorfer, Bluthner and Steingraeber, also some Kawai and August Forster. The opportunity to play Estonias and Steingraebers should be enough to warrant a visit. They also have a NYC showroom. I can't stress too much call ahead and make an appointment.

Steve Chandler
composer/amateur pianist

stevechandler-music.com
http://www.soundcloud.com/pantonality
http://www.youtube.com/pantonality
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
On Piano Row along with Beethoven Pianos is Faust Harrison Pianos, Allegro Pianos, and Klavierhaus. Unfortunately, you cannot really get a rebuilt Mason or Steinway within your budget on Piano Row. Same for a new Estonia or Charles Walter.

But Beethoven, Allegro, and Faust Harrison have other new pianos that may be in your price range: Hailun, Brodmann, Yamaha(not sure about the price on the small models but I'm guessing they might be OK) and maybe some others.

Also consider going to Cunningham in Philadelphia to look at their Cunningham pianos and probably a few others in your price range. Also consider looking for rebuilt Knabe grands where it may be possible to find ones in your price range. Try Lindeblad Pianos in New Jersey or Cunningham Pianos for those. Because the Knabe name is a little less glorious than Steinway or Mason Hamlin I think dealers often price rebuilt Knabes less than those two makes.

There are no Walter dealers in NYC that I know of but I think Cunningham has them. It may be possible to find lightly used Walters or other used pianos you're interested in closer to your price range at all of the dealers.

You should call all these dealers ahead of time to make sure they have some pianos that fit your budget and desires.

Last edited by pianoloverus; 02/03/13 06:05 PM.
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Forte Piano in Paramus NJ has Bosendorfers, Schimmels, and Shigerus. They are about 10 miles from NYC. They had a decent used Steinway B there a few months ago, if you don't mind 85 keys.

R
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
R
dcb:

It sounds like you are heading out to do some serious piano shopping, which is a wonderful and exciting process. Philadelphia is not that far from New York City, so I am going to take the liberty of recommending that you visit Cunningham Piano Company here in Philly. Rich Galassini, a highly respected poster here, is knowledgeable and hospitable, and I know would welcome a visit from you. He will give you a tour of the factory, and he has glorious pianos in his showroom.

A visit to Cunningham would be well worth your time! Google him on this site for more information as well as rave reviews of the factory tour.

D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
Cunningham carries new Estonias. And Schimmels and etc.

"Imagine it in all its primatic colorings, its counterpart in our souls - our souls that are great pianos whose strings, of honey and of steel, the divisions of the rainbow set twanging, loosing on the air great novels of adventure!" - William Carlos Williams

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission