2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (APianistHasNoName, Adam Reynolds, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, 10 invisible), 1,853 guests, and 274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 219 of 370 1 2 217 218 219 220 221 369 370
Good Morning Lovers,

What's going on?

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Magic everyone, sheer magic, lovely posts indeed.

Rupak, no worries, no punishment, just welcome!! Can you let us know what particular problems you are having with moonlight sonata, even for those with very small hands, there is usually a way.
Can you reach an octave without problems?
Let us know where the difficulty is , I am sure someone can help, dont be shy, thats what we are here for.

personally, I am struggling with that Dolly by Faure, it keeps going to exactly where I dont expect it to go to, just when I have got one bit right, I mess the next bit up.. this happens to everyone I know this, so am not worried.

The secondo part sounds easy, it doesnt look hard, but its like a tongue twister to me, in fact, thats the best way I can describe it, a tongue twister for my brain.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Congratulations, Rossy, on being a 'post millionaire'!

Eglantine, Palestrina: sublime. Gratitude!

Richard

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
KeysAngler, what a beautiful >3-minute intro! Thanks for that.

Currently working on: F. Couperin - Preludes & Sweelinck - Fantasia Chromatica
J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
1930s upright (piano) & single manual William Foster (harpsichord)
[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Hoorah!!! excellent...

And from me today for a special celebration... some Mott the Hoople, what else....

Kicking off with a lovely little ballad.. I wish I was your mother.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
and MTH again with the beautifull haunting "sea diver"

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Wow, one million, are you *serious*? Congratulations & thanks for a great thread Rostosky... I always check it out when things get dull on PC! (ahem... not that this ever happens... haha)

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Thanks !! excellent, I wish Wayne33yrs was here to celebrate, even if he just posted some Lady Gaga.
I miss the lady gaga by wayne, he could allways find new gaga that we hadnt seen before.
Its like a birthday party with a regular missing.

I hope Micky ronson got given a guitar in heaven, and is still playing up there, somehwere,

sweet dreams... Ian hunter and mick ronson...

R
R
Thanks a lot Griffin, Eglantine and Rossy. All of your kind words really gave me new hope and energy. Yesterday I was really feeling hopeless, even though I know I need much more practice than I can do.
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Can you let us know what particular problems you are having with moonlight sonata, even for those with very small hands, there is usually a way.
Can you reach an octave without problems?
Let us know where the difficulty is , I am sure someone can help, dont be shy, thats what we are here for.

Yeah, I can reach an octave easily. But in the beginning section there is one note which is beyond an octave (I saw some people to use left hand crossing the right hand to play that, but technically that should be a stretch). That's where I face a lot of difficulties, though there are two more stretches where I don't have that much problems. And I'm always getting the feel that there is too much lack of expression. Anyway, I've to practice more. I'll rather record some of my practice and share with you so that you can understand my difficulties and correct me better. Thanks once again for your kind help!

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Brilliant Rupak, I will look forward to that, I am sure you will get a lot of feedback and help and advice.
I am just going over to youtube to see when the last activity wayne did there was.
I will message him there and see if he picks up.
later dudes and dudettes.

Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Rupak, are we talking about the 3rd movement, bars 9-14 here?
Redistribution is often used, hitting the A in RH but it's the LH 3rd finger on E that's the problem more than the ninth. Until my hand was comfortable with the stretch I used the thumb on the E and the A. It didn't seem to slow me down any more than the F# above it in RH.

Richard
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Sometimes, just sometimes, one is left thinking "Yeh, righty oh then" OR, "This is going to end badly"

I just copied some of this story from yahoo mail, I wondered why the ships that are in the vicinity of the stricken oil/gas platform are keeping extremely well away.... this may explain things:

The company tackling a serious gas leak on a North Sea platform is playing down fears that a lit flare could ignite and cause an explosion.

Total says the flare was left alight on the evacuated Elgin platform because there wasn't time to turn it off when staff were airlifted off.

The company says the flame is still burning above the flammable gas beneath it but the wind is blowing the gas away from the flame.

It insists that safety considerations in the design of the platform mean there are 70m separating the flare from the leaking gas.

Bruce Lawson, asset integrity manager with Total , told Sky News: "We evacuated the platform because safety of our personnel was our prime concern and the fact that the flare remains to burn was not a concern at that time.

Does it really take a lot of imagination to add "serious gas leak" to "Lit flare" and come up with "F in massive explosion"

or is it just me?

Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Greetings, one and all.

What levity we've all had today and what a variegated selection of jollities and niceties.

While the bubbles subside from your fizzy pops and the party hat droops awkwardly over one ear as you slump exhaustedly into your armchair dragging the antimacassar into the wing as an extemporaneous pillow, here's a little of Uncle Louis to ease you into the tranquillity of night.

After the over-three-minutes introduction from Marvin Gaye, pointed to by Eglantine, here's a slightly longer one, a little over three and half minutes, filled with expectation and anticipation.

After a few brief chords in the tonic A major modulating gently to the dominant (00:30) we hear the pitter-patter of rising semiquavers leading to the unexpected key of C. Now we know we have a little expedition before we reach the tonic key and the movement proper can get underway but each step seems to take us further away until at 1:20 we can feel the introduction coming to a close.

Just a bit more...

Any moment now...

But it's not until we reach 3:00 that the home key is imminent and at 3:20 we're on absolute tenterhooks like the prolonged radio silence at the end the Apollo 13 mission. And even then, he ekes out just a little more suspense until finally the home key arrives in a gloriously sweet melody that wrings tears from the eyes in a Lassie Comes Home moment - in spades. And it's not until 4:00 that he finally establishes it as the first subject. Someone, please, pass the tissues!

Whew! Powerful stuff!

I wanted to link to a version by H von Karajan as he's an absolute master at this sort of thing but this one will do.

Sweet dreams all.

Richard
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Wow, congrats Rossy!
I've seen the most amazing vids on this thread and have really learned a lot.

Griffin I love EW&F!

Here's a great piano bit from one of my favorite albums

Sandy

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
My four for today start off with pavlovs dog, an exceptional band and still going strong, The unusual voive of david surkamp, love it or hate it...

"fast gun"

The remarkable and beautifully haunting "episode" now this I could listen to forever and ever...The violin is magical.

Again, I never tire of this, "Julia" a seminal piece,Lovely piano intro, excellent vocals.

Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Rossy, I'm not keen on your counting system (one, too, many :))

But here's a piece in similar vein to make a fourth.

PS Loved your two left hands comment in Cas's post!

Richard
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
I hadn't finished!! lol... just looking on youtube for the best version and emailing my piano teacher at the same time!!!

Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Ah! So the early bird catches the wrong worm! Still, look on the bright side - you've elicited another good song.

Richard
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
this is an amazing achievement, 21 albumns, thats twenty one albumns for the band "sparks" and what do they do to be different?

They do a tour where they play the songs from a different albumn every night, a 21 date tour, each date music from a different one of their albumns..... how darn tough is that?

anyways, this video explains that, and then they sing this town aint big enough for the both of us, showing they still got it!!!

Also, check out the name on Ronalds keyboards... made me laugh.

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Thanks for your selections, people.

On a jag of 'bands that have been under-appreciated by the record-buying public', I'd like to mention World Party.

World Party is essentially a one-man project of Welshman Karl Wallinger. First album in the late 80s, several albums in the 90s. The one I acquired first, and am therefore most in love with, having played it to death over an extended time, is Goodby Jumbo, his second album.

Goodbye Jumbo is a beautiful album of wall-to-wall thoughtful pop, with ne'er a sliver of filler in sight. Yes, you can probably spot some of his influences, but they are all good, and he reaches far beyond them in his wonderfully crafted songs.

People who know his music love his work. But the rest of the world seems to remain in blissful ignorance. I picked up Goodbye Jumbo for about 99p new from the remainder bin in some record store around Wardour Street back in the day. I then acquired some of the rest of his catalogue similarly.

Anyway, here is one of those tunes from Goodbye Jumbo:

Currently working on: F. Couperin - Preludes & Sweelinck - Fantasia Chromatica
J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
1930s upright (piano) & single manual William Foster (harpsichord)
[Linked Image]
Page 219 of 370 1 2 217 218 219 220 221 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission