2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
54 members (1957, bcalvanese, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, accordeur, 36251, 20/20 Vision, Adam Reynolds, 6 invisible), 1,372 guests, and 314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#2006282 12/30/12 12:20 AM
L
OP Offline
L
A few days early but thought I'd start it up anyway =)

This song is called Adagio from a group called Secret Garden (Not the movie I don't think) Enjoy!

https://www.box.com/s/ilcvrgqao6oe1qeq8siz

I am currently uploading all of my written piano sheets onto my blog to make things easier. I also have written out a few more sheets. All free check it out if you want smile Any questions, PM me

http://myuniquepianomusic.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/paws1528
S
S
lLadypayne - well played. Feels like I'm in a movie in a Paris cafe.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
S
S

Here is an arrangement of Miss Jane Wedderburn's Strathspey from William Sheperd's 1st Collection.

It starts just like Auld Lang Syne. Probably derived from the same folk tune.

https://www.box.com/s/0pjdkggboz3zl7tu8hg5

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
ladypayne - Great opener for the bar this year - happy New Year!

stumbler Yes, it sounds sort of like a jazzed up version of Auld Lang Syne at first, but it's clearly different - well played!

Learning to play since June 2009.
My piano diary on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/afpaSTU1096
[Linked Image] <- 10+ ABF recitals
N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
... and I thought I might be first! New Year's Day here for me.

As is often the case, I was actually working on something else for the bar and playing this as 'relief'.

For No-one (Lennon-McCartney)

Happy New Year!

Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
LadyPayne - a lovely tune. I see the bar for the bar is being raised - two parts!
Stumbler - nice arrangement (very full)

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Happy New Year Everyone!

LadyPayne - I can see you've been inspired as we all have by Amaruk's haunting simulations of a street accordian. That was lovely!

Stumbler - What a gorgeous original arrangement! Thanks for sharing it.

Newman - The first two lines totally describe how I feel this morning. Love the harspichord! I can't believe how accomplished and adept you've become at arranging and accompanying yourself in such a short period. It must be some kind of world record.

TCM only played movies yesterday that had something to do with New Years Eve. One of them, Till We Meet Again, reminded me I'd arranged the title song by ear when I heard it in the film over two years ago. It also is the first time I attempted to sing while accompanying myself (and the only time I did until I started voice lessons last April). I say attempted because I thought I was totally off key, but much to my surprise, although there are a few pitch problems, it wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered. Or is it?

https://www.box.com/shared/uxmoe7aucf

Last edited by Starr Keys; 01/01/13 07:10 PM.
N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by Starr Keys
... Love the harspichord! I can't believe how accomplished and adept you've become at arranging and accompanying yourself in such a short period. It must be some kind of world record.

...Till We Meet Again... I thought I was totally off key, but much to my surprise, although there are a few pitch problems, it wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered. Or is it?
[/url]

Thanks, Starr Keys. In honesty the arrangement is a simplified version of the recording. I can't quite manage the part in the middle where he plays the melody in a two/three part chord thing. But after working on Eleanor Rigby I found I was able to play that RH thing in the middle section. No world record. I've been on leave since the week before Christmas and have devoted many hours to playing.

Till we meet again - is not as bad as you may remember it. As you note, a few misses - but more hits.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
ladypayne: The adagio arrangement is very good.
stumbler: Miss Jane Wedderburn's Strathspey, well played.
Newman: For No-one, your singing and the accompaniment is very good.
Starr Keys: The Till WE Meet Again waltz, very good for ear. Your voice is touching.

Thank you for the good music you presented.

This my first submission for the new year:
Mussette, No. 11 First Lessons in Bach
https://www.box.com/s/xnzqvk6rjik92fimicjm

Working on:\

J.S.Bach Prelude in C Min: No. 2 from Six Preludes fur Anfanger auf dem
Am Abend No. 2 from Stimmungsbilder, Op. 88
60s Swing No. 1 from Swinging Rhythms
C
C
Ladypayn: That was lovely, such mournful strains. Really tugged at my heart strings. Were you playing the piano?

Stumbler: That was an interesting arrangement. I've never heard it before but I enjoyed it. I thought it had both a jazzy and classical feel to it.

Newman: That was super cool! It sounded so much like the Beatles in concert. You're so talented.

Starr Keys: I felt wistful and maudlin listening to your song and your singing, which was beautiful. You were not off key at all. It felt like a song from the Casablanca time - the piano playing, singing, aura, feel. Just so lovely.

Weiyan: Your Bach was very sweet. I've never played it but I enjoyed it very much.

Last edited by candlelightpiano; 01/02/13 01:49 AM. Reason: to post comments as I listen to the pieces.
S
S
Thanks all.

Newman, this is one of your best.

Starr Keys, you have a good voice, and your choice lends a nice variety to this months piano bar.

Weiyan, you captured the feel of this one well. Your playing is much smoother too.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
C
C
My first submission for the year, though I had recorded it in October. I'm a big Disney fan and this was my first Disney piece.

SCALES AND ARPEGGIOS (THE ARISTOCATS)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fzWTvJD15s

Thanks for watching and HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
stumbler - I love your strathspeys. I was a Scottish country dancer for about 10 years, and I loved some of the strathspeys. Now the band I'm in plays for Scottish country dancing a couple of times a year - we're doing Burns Night this coming Saturday, and I've *finally* learned a strathspey written by Muriel Johnstone, who is the music director of the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society. She gave a workshop this past fall as part of a dance workshop here in Santa Fe.

But you do a lovely job with the strathspeys.

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by candlelightpiano
My first submission for the year, though I had recorded it in October. I'm a big Disney fan and this was my first Disney piece.

SCALES AND ARPEGGIOS (THE ARISTOCATS)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fzWTvJD15s

Thanks for watching and HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

The scales and arpeggios is very musical.

Working on:\

J.S.Bach Prelude in C Min: No. 2 from Six Preludes fur Anfanger auf dem
Am Abend No. 2 from Stimmungsbilder, Op. 88
60s Swing No. 1 from Swinging Rhythms
S
S
candlelightpiano, delightful.

Cathy, thank you. I've been working with fiddle tunes I obtained from the Highland Music Trust. They have a number of collections available for free download.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
weiyan and candlelight piano - while I don't know anything about classical pieces I enjoyed listening to yours.

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by stumbler
Cathy, thank you. I've been working with fiddle tunes I obtained from the Highland Music Trust. They have a number of collections available for free download.

Oh dear laugh I already have so many collections of tunes I'll never get thru them all, but this is way tempting laugh Of the ones for sale I have the Athole collection, but not the others. Oh dear, again. I've been trying to clean out my sheet music. Oh dear.

Thanks for the info, tho - what a treasure chest.

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
C
C
Thanks, Weiyan, Stumbler and Newman. I enjoyed your music very much, too. This is my first time participating in and following a piano bar and I'm enjoying the different genres of music. It opens up a whole new dimension for me.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
One of my favorite parts of my favorite Christmas movie, It's a Wonderful Life, is the scene where Bert and Ernie are singing a duet outside of George and Mary's window on their wedding night.

Since neither Bert nor Ernie were available when I did this today I used the harmonizer that is built into my Roland to assist me on the vocal.

I Love You Truly

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NzszMKc0xRc[/video]

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Thank you Newman, Weiyan, Candlelight and Stumbler for your kind and encouraging remarks and for overlooking the flaws in my recording. This was the first time I used a mic for a vocal at the piano before I figured out how to have it pick up my voice without picking up the sound of my fingers tapping the keyboard.

Interesting how people get so retro and sentimental on New Years. I think Bill's song was written in the same era as mine, which actually was closer to World War I than the era of the World War II classic, Casablanca. But both his song and mine were used in movies made around 1940. Unfortunately, I'm away from home and I don't have my headphones, so I haven't been able to listen to it yet but I look forward to it. (and the same goes for Weiyan's)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission