2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
24 members (drumour, Foxtrot3, johnesp, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 7 invisible), 1,221 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
OP Offline
S
Triryche approached me thinking I may know the name of this piece and who the composer is. I didn't want to admit that I didn't have a clue, lol. So I thought I would post the piece on this forum and see if anyone can help me out. smile

Triryche's Mystery Piece

Thanks and I appreciate any help I can get!

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I'm stumped, too. It's vaguely familiar, and I think I've heard it before. I tried SoundHound on it at several points throughout the piece, but it didn't suggest anything.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say it was some Richard Clayderman piece. confused

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks for posting this for me AlleyKatt!!

Thanks for taking a look Monica!!

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
This certainly IS a very dramatic and beautiful piece. I'm very tempted to learn it myself. Actually, anyone can.

I realize that some people do better than others at this but if you just repeat this entire piece over and over your mind will eventually remember the entire piece. Even if you just play the piece on your speakers numerous times per day. You will eventually remember the piece to the point you know exactly what comes next.

"Eventually" can be from several playings to dozens. Whatever it takes to get it mentally memorized.

One you have that part down, simply sit down at your piano and plunk it out. Get through the entire piece just so you know you can actually do it. No matter how long it takes.

Of course your going to hit a ridiculous amount of wrong notes but it doesn't matter. Just get through the entire piece that is in your mind and match it note by note s-l-o-w-l-y until you get all the correct notes.

From this point all further renditions will only improve due to repetition and familiarizing yourself with the correct notes.

After a few weeks go by, you will find yourself playing this piece much more as it should. Hitting mostly the correct notes and even playing at near correct speed.

Continue to play this piece every day several times and you will not only find yourself playing the piece in correct time and hitting the correct notes, but you will also be able to put a little emotion and dynamics into the piece as well since you are gaining confidence in your abilities.

At the month to month and a half point, you will be playing this piece beautifully and wondering why you haven't been doing this sooner!

I'm not only convinced you could do that but I'd also bet you could perform an even nicer version of the performance you attached.

I'm sorry I don't know this piece either but I can easily hear the beauty in it.

You know I wouldn't say that if I didn't mean it!

If need be, I could learn this piece in a few sections and then play it on my Roland KR-7 digital in the 'transpose' mode. Somehow, it is supposed to be able to print out the sheet music from what you just played. Although it can 'somehow' do that, I may be missing a few steps. I think it involves the "midi" function to do it but I'm not sure since I've never done it. Good excuse to learn though huh?

Last edited by Mr Super-Hunky; 09/28/12 05:06 AM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks Mr. SH
I know you prefer to ear out pieces. And I need to spend more time doing this. However, I have been slacking on piano for a while, and this piece spoke to me, so I would prefer to see the original score.
At any rate, if you ever did send a midi file I could transpose it to a score with Sibelius, with the main problem being an abomination of the the note values.
But thanks for taking a look!!

btw, do you still have the video (I think one of your first) of you playing the grand with the camera in the balcony?

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Gratuitous bump.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I finally found out the name of the piece with the help of the piano teacher that hosted the recital last spring.

Nocturne by David Lanz

Thank you to everybody that took the time to take a look and offer up suggestions.

And thanks again to the stray cat that posted the vid.

Last edited by Triryche; 01/22/13 05:42 PM.

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission