2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
72 members (amc252, 20/20 Vision, benkeys, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, 14 invisible), 1,987 guests, and 317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
F
The only real problem I have with this is the hypocrisy of it all.

I could provide many blatant examples of dealer self-promotion if I cared to expend the time and energy, I am sure.

But enough.

Amateur Pianist and raconteur.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Furtwangler
The only real problem I have with this is the hypocrisy of it all.

I could provide many blatant examples of dealer self-promotion if I cared to expend the time and energy, I am sure.

But enough.

I see no hypocrisy here, Furtwangler; the announcement is still here, alive and well... "*HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup"

Yamaha is among the finest instruments in the world; I own one. smile

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
F
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
F
I got no problem with you, "Ricky Ricardo"

BABALOOO!

Amateur Pianist and raconteur.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Jeff Clef

As for socks--- strictly forbidden on this forum--- I didn't see the posts, but I'll offer an opinion ANYWAY: I still sigh for PianoMadam and her conversations with herself under several ingenious noms de plume with different personalities to go with each bogus account. Unscrupulous, edgy, and even evil though she may have been, she had some pizzazz--- and plenty of brass. It was especially delicious that she was caught in the act by an alert member, and her socks were unfrocked--- in real time, no less; her very words cut-and-pasted, along with the account name she forgot to change when she switched personalities.

PianoMadam... For those of you who are curious, the incident Jeff is referring to above happened four years ago to the day almost. Beacon Chris, in the 10th post in the thread, discovered something interesting concerning the OP... Here is the old thread from 2009: Link

My piano channel on YouTube: Link
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
With the zillion-page follow-up thread... I had forgotten how overblown things used to get. So many teapots; so many tempests.

At least, she apologized and left town... I guess, ahead of the tar and feathers; otherwise, surely there would have been a photo. "Love the sinner--- hate the sin."

I don't know what happens behind the scenes, but it seems I read that the mods have some means of identifying sock puppets (people who log on with more than one user account, pretending to be different people), and it seems they are gone pretty fast anymore. Anyway, it's not the problem it was. Maybe, with the world of the piano shrinking under our feet--- daily it seems--- we're past the stage of pointing out each others' misdeeds and are paying more attention to cleaning up our own act. I would like to think that. Probably living in a dream world, as usual.

Clef

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Those were the days, lol!

grin grin

BC

Musician, Singer, Teacher, Humorist, Dad...

“I have an inferiority complex, but it’s not a very good one.”
― Steven Wright
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Musician, Singer, Teacher, Humorist, Dad...

“I have an inferiority complex, but it’s not a very good one.”
― Steven Wright
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Jeff Clef

. . . I read that the mods have some means of identifying sock puppets (people who log on with more than one user account, pretending to be different people)

Thank you. I was not familiar with the term "sock puppets", and was wondering what it meant, in this context. Goggle doesn't always know the answer . . .

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member
Interesting - Now the title of the thread has changed.

Marty in Minnesota

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.
Originally Posted by Minnesota Marty
Interesting - Now the title of the thread has changed.

Yea, I noticed that too...

Actually, the new and improved title sounds more like an announcement and less like advertising.

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
H
H
I only wish Yamaha silent pianos were easier to find! They seem like wonderful pianos! I really do want a C3X Silent, but it's a six-month wait from factory, with "special-order" pricing. frown

G
OP Offline
G
Rick,

Yes, I edited the title. Any chance of you returning my 1st post to its original state?

I believe all the PW users would greatly appreciate the announcement on Yamaha's "SG2" & "SH" Silent systems

Thank you,

Jeff Tasch

We proudly represent: Yamaha pianos (including: Clavinova, AvantGrand, SilentPiano, Enspire, P/DGX-Digitals, Arius), Bösendorfer, Schimmel
Kayserburg, Ritmüller, Pearl River pianos. Retrofit Interactive Silent Systems by: adsilent and Kioshi
http://www.GrandPianoHaus.com
J
J
I tried playing one of the silent pianos, I feel that when you use the silent function the piano looses some of its quality. Even though its a fantastic instrument, when using the headphones the vibrations of the piano when acoustic is lost though the feel of the fingers as the piano is no longer engaging with the strings

anyone else feel this way? And like I said, I think its a fantastic instrument and I wouldn't pass one up in a heartbeat but this is my two cents

Essex EUP-123S

Originally Posted by GrandPianoHaus
Rick,

Yes, I edited the title. Any chance of you returning my 1st post to its original state?

I believe all the PW users would greatly appreciate the announcement on Yamaha's "SG2" & "SH" Silent systems

Thank you,

Jeff Tasch

Hi Jeff,

No, I did not save your original post content. If my memory serves me correctly, it was a long list of the silent models that you sell. I made a decision as a moderator and edited your content; I still believe it was over the line in terms of looking like and sounding like an ad. The fact that you disagreed with my decision is noted.

Consider yourself fortunate the thread is still here... looks like you've gotten a lot of mileage out of it anyway.

Rick

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission