2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (Cheeeeee, Dalem01, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, 6 invisible), 2,085 guests, and 339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 324 of 370 1 2 322 323 324 325 326 369 370
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Also griffin, as I love rabbit pie ( the type of rabbit that has legs and fur and NOT the other type of "rabbit" that needs batteries)

I can happily listen to this whilst eating rabbit pie.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Only rednecks eat rabbit in the US.

Here is a younger Yundi Li and I do so like his style!
(hope this hasn't been posted before)

I don't care too much for money. For money can't buy me love.
-the Beatles

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Just spent four hours making a snowman that looked like wayne playing the piano complete with some old bristles off a broom for his shaved head, then some kids destroyed it shouting "death to mendelssohn" which was a very weird thing for kids to be shouting indeed.

Anyways, its cold cold cold, and I hated the cold before it got this cold.

In wales its too cold to even drop ones pants to go to the toilet, which means a lot of extra washing for the machine to do which means more electric, which means more cost.

In other words its working out too expensive to even go to the toilet in this cold.

Rednecks PJ? here in wales you have to eat ANY meat you can while you can or you get even colder. Yesterday I ate the neighbours gerbils that they kept in a hutch in their garden, just to get warm enough to get half dressed.

I left two sculptures of gerbils that I had carved out of two potatoes in their stead so the neighbours wouldnt notice the lack of gerbils.

This was a kind touch I thought, as the neighbours are vegi"tit"arians, which means when they do notice at least they will have a meal out of the potatoes. actually , remembering the non party, they will probably make a few meals from two potatoes and a soup to not share with anyone.

Last edited by Rostosky; 01/18/13 04:09 PM.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Glad you had "fun in the snow" while thinkin' of me, Rossy!

I did make the effort, and built a Snowman for RST, but it wasn't that fetching, with dog poo, crisp packets, and tab-ends on the outer surface, so I left it out wink

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi!

I’ve finished the second volume of Mikrokosmos. This is being more and more difficult, but I’m so grateful to Mr. Bartók. I do feel I’m learning how to play the piano with this method.

Now it’s time to take the first part of the third volume!

These little pieces of music are so amazing.

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Congrats Recaredo! That's a real accomplishment. I've never had a chance to play anything by Bartok. Is the Mikrokosmos something a teacher assigned to you?

Carl

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Recaredo
Hi!

I’ve finished the second volume of Mikrokosmos. This is being more and more difficult, but I’m so grateful to Mr. Bartók. I do feel I’m learning how to play the piano with this method.

Good work, Recaredo!
Now, may I ask....um...what EXACTLY is that stick figure doing in the above video pic? If you are too much a gentleman to answer, perhaps some of the NOT-SO-gentlemen men can answer for you.

(cracking myself up here)

I don't care too much for money. For money can't buy me love.
-the Beatles

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi Griffin!

I have no teacher, but I realised I wasn’t following any piano method and that was a big mistake. So I was looking for some methods, and Mikrokosmos was my choice. I’m pleased of it, especially because I enjoy playing this music.

But also every piece proposes particular challenges, and they are really progressive. Mikrokosmos is a masterwork, but I believe it’s an excellent piano method as well.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Lol PJ!

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by piano joy
Originally Posted by Recaredo
Hi!

Good work, Recaredo!
Now, may I ask....um...what EXACTLY is that stick figure doing in the above video pic? If ]you are too much a gentleman to answer, perhaps some of the NOT-SO-gentlemen men can answer for you.

(cracking myself up here)

laugh. I'm not even going to attempt to explain that one! Besides I'm laughing too hard right now.

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Morning guys, smile

I watched this yesterday, and it has actually helped me sounding out the melody to my Mendelssohn peice, he's really good.

Laters wink

Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Good morning, all.

Are we running out of steam again? Theres not been too much in the thread this week, though some it has been funny.

And some of it has provided "relief" - thanks, PJ.

And horses for courses has taken on a whole new meaning!

But the mane thing is that people eating on the hoof are in a stable condition and don't have the trots. The situation has been reined in before any nagging starts to stirrup trouble.

I'm not going to be as active on the forum over the next few weekends and probably evenings though I may still be able to sneak the odd post in (and many of mine are odd) during working hours.

I spent from shortly after 4pm yesterday until 1:30am this morning on my new Kawai CA95 with just a short half hour for fish and chips, courtesy of Mrs F (I usually do the cooking).

We start today with a concertino from Weber played by Hermann Baumann.

I learnt trumpet for the school orchestra as I approached my teens and can't remember why I chose the trumpet. Had I gone to school at 50 I think I might have gone for the French horn. It's so much more versatile.

Richard
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by zrtf90
I'm not going to be as active on the forum over the next few weekends and probably evenings

Do I hear a sigh of relief over at the, Starting out with anal' thread smile

G

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by zrtf90

I learnt trumpet for the school orchestra as I approached my teens and can't remember why I chose the trumpet. Had I gone to school at 50 I think I might have gone for the French horn. It's so much more versatile.

Interesting. I am of the opposite opinion. I took the french horn for the school band (have not touched it since and my Dad thought I was nuts.) A beautiful instrument, but not one we hear often as a lead, as in this case.

Staring over I think I'd go for Flute, Sax or Violin. Something likely to get a little more lead time as I love to be adored.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

Good people - more PianoGuys for your visual/aural delight:

This one features Jon's daughter Sarah on vocals:

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Probably, Wayne, but that isn't going to stop me! smile

I have, however, taken my boots off and donned slippers.

Moscheles was a gifted pianist, conducter and composer. He was a friend to Beethoven and a strong promoter of his music, often a collaborator in the preparation, rival to the kings of the keyboard of the time, Herz, Kalkbrenner, Hummel et al and teacher to the likes of Mendelssohn. He was taught by Clementi, among others, with whom he maintained a lifelong friendship and, like him, settled in England where we was honoured by the Royal Academy.

History takes no prisoners and has not remembered him well. There is no good reason.

Here is his Rondo Brilliant op 54 played by the gifted Marc Andre Hamelin.

Richard
Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Ooh, other people are joinin' us!

Hi all. smile

Massenet is my last morning selection.

From his opera Werther (sweet and original smile ), Va! Laisse couler mes larmes is sung by Elena Obraztsova - my age is showing!

We pass the reins now to Minneapolis and I go back to my new toy.

If I don't remember my appointments this evening have a great week until next week.

Richard

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Richard, enjoy the new toy! It's certainly appropriate that you'd want to spend more time with the new piano.

Good morning everyone! It's -17c in Minneapolis today, and I doubt I'll be going outside very much today! I wonder how Becca, my neighbor to the north is doing today? It's good to see so much activity on the thread today. Great postings everyone!

My first post today is more than I had originally planned to post. "Magnificat in D" by Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach. Carl was 35 when he wrote his Magnificat in 1749. He uses the natural D trumpets to express a joyful, glorious and triumphal mood. The work both pays tribute to his father, alive at the time, and points to the Viennese Classical style. Yet where his father's work gives prominence to fugue and counterpoint, Carl's expresses a lyrical style, stressing the melodic line. His Magnificat surges with an excited, joyful pulse through the opening movement (semiquavers in the strings and woodwinds paired with accents and triadic figures in the trumpets and drums).

I was only going to post the first movement of Magnificat. However, I couldn't find a decent enough recording (quality wise). However, this recording includes the beautiful soprano solo. "Quia respexit" which is beautiful. Please enjoy!

C.P.E.Bach Magnificat in D Major, H.772, Wq.215

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

My next posting was selected because of my interest in French Impressionistic music. I doubt that I will take up learning to play "Reverie" by Claude Debussy anytime soon. I've already got plenty of challenge right now learning "Clair de lune."

"Reverie" is a nice relaxing way to enjoy my Sunday morning with cup of java.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
I've had little opportunity to explore much of the music of Bela Bartok. I will be presenting more of the things I've been listening to in the future. I particularly enjoyed this set of Romanian Folk Dances composed by Bartok when I heard them earlier this week. This spirited performance by violinist Katica Illenyl immediately caught my attention. The pianist is Tamas Bolba.

Romanian Folk Dances - Bela Bartok

This concludes my postings for today. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Last edited by griffin2417; 01/20/13 01:15 PM.

Carl

Page 324 of 370 1 2 322 323 324 325 326 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission