2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
27 members (Burkhard, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, cmoody31, dh371, 20/20 Vision, admodios, clothearednincompo, 6 invisible), 1,217 guests, and 325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 111 of 370 1 2 109 110 111 112 113 369 370

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Time for some choral music. Lately, I've been listening to Maurice Ravel's "Trois Chanson." This performance is by the Cambridge Singers under the direction of John Rutter.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
My final post will be one of my favorite male vocal ensemble, Cantus. Here they perform "Paradise," a selection the group commissioned composer Malcolm Dalglish to write.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone!

Last edited by griffin2417; 11/13/11 03:53 PM.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by casinitaly
We've got 2 of her CDs she's really remarkable.

Nigel Kennedy is another musician I find simply thrilling to listen to....I think he brings a dynamic perspective to this "oldie"....

Cheryl, Nigel Kennedy is outstanding! What amazing energy! Thanks!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi Griffin! I’m glad you thought of Alison Balsom for your Sunday posts. She’s endeed an amazing musician.

I can’t watch Cheryl’s video. I only hear a female voice that says the video is unavailable. I’m curious.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Recaredo
Hi Griffin! I’m glad you thought of Alison Balsom for your Sunday posts. She’s endeed an amazing musician.

I can’t watch Cheryl’s video. I only hear a female voice that says the video is unavailable. I’m curious.

Thanks Recaredo! I was able to get the video with a You Tube link. See if this works for you.

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Yes, now it works. Thanks Griffin.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Interesting selection Cheryl. I'd like to listen to your favourite music more times wink

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Sorry for my absence guys, busy with stuff again, will have to call back to listen to all these posts!

I thought Sir Rossy may like this smile

Last edited by wayne32yrs; 11/13/11 04:54 PM.
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
^^ looks like something from Stephen King's It. I enjoyed that book many years ago...24 to be exact!! Probably not an ideal book for a 12 year old, but I couldn't put it down.

Grif, I enjoy Alison B too. I have one of her albums, the Hummel/Haydn concerto one. She's a treat.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by hawgdriver
^^ looks like something from Stephen King's It. I enjoyed that book many years ago...24 to be exact!! Probably not an ideal book for a 12 year old, but I couldn't put it down.

Grif, I enjoy Alison B too. I have one of her albums, the Hummel/Haydn concerto one. She's a treat.

Hi Leon! I was actually trying to find some trumpet performances by Hakan Hardenberger when I kept seeing Alison B selections. I clicked on one of them, and one thing led to another! I suspect I'll be buying the album of her Italian concertos. (I have Wynton Marsalis' Hayden/Hummel performances already.)

Glad you enjoyed the posts. I just stopped by to take a break from my piano practice. I'll check in later.

Carl

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
Well, I'm glad Nigel was a hit.
Here's another that we enjoy in our home, Carl Orr's Carmina Burana, this is O Fortuna. For those of you not familiar with the work, there are several other songs/movements and they are all very interesting in different ways.

Since we moved to Italy we've seen it performed live 3 times, twice indoors and once in a 16th C church courtyard (that would be the NEW church in our town by the way).

btw, I figured out what was wrong with my previous link - I did a yahoo insert not a you tube. oops.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Most excellent posts dudes and dudettes, sorry for my intermittent being here... I just managed to catch up on all the wonderfull posts.... In the meantime my mam emailed me to say "dont forget to ring your dad up as he is going back to louisiana today"

before anyone freaks out, that is my genetic/blood dad she is talking about... so I rung him up and wished him a good journey and lots of nice things as one does...

Thing I didnt get though, he is flying from hull to amsterdam to new orleans to get to louisiana..
This to me seems a bit of a strange journey, so I asked "are you staying over the night in amsterdam?" ( thinking he may be going for a bit of female company on route)

But no, apparently not.. he is an odd geezer.

anyways... enjoy this one.....

Lloyd cole and the commotions... and "lost weekend" ( in a hotel in amsterdam)

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Not "odd" Rossy, but older and wiser enough not to disclose his plans to you, propper Billy wink

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Yay!!!! It Snowed (here). A lot!!
I shall celebrate with some music.

(This is what the original track sounds like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFLOh44P5z0 )

Last edited by polyphasicpianist; 11/15/11 01:35 AM. Reason: Deep down inside she is a true Heavy Metal Lover.
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Most excellent posts dudes and dudettes, sorry for my intermittent being here... I just managed to catch up on all the wonderfull posts.... In the meantime my mam emailed me to say "dont forget to ring your dad up as he is going back to louisiana today"

before anyone freaks out, that is my genetic/blood dad she is talking about... so I rung him up and wished him a good journey and lots of nice things as one does...

Thing I didnt get though, he is flying from hull to amsterdam to new orleans to get to louisiana..
This to me seems a bit of a strange journey, so I asked "are you staying over the night in amsterdam?" ( thinking he may be going for a bit of female company on route)

But no, apparently not.. he is an odd geezer.

anyways... enjoy this one.....

Lloyd cole and the commotions... and "lost weekend" ( in a hotel in amsterdam)

He'll be flying with KLM, the Dutch Airline. I always fly KLM to the USA, it's cheaper, but you have to fly UK to Amsterdam for the connecting flight to the States.
-

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
A hodge-podge of stuff to keep me going tonight. Consecutive listening might offend a sense of reason and continuity.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Thanks Bluebilly for that info, I guess that will be totally correct, me genetic dad saving a few bucks an all!! lol.

Wayne, no he is totally not "Billy" seriously, he has lived at times in almost ever state, as well as in Canada because of real estate dealing... Here is another odd thing that I do not understand.. he has three passports, and they are all legit, I have seen them. A UK one a USA one and a Canadian one.

He got into the papers in Canada back in the day for being the first man to be granted sole custody of a daughter..

the one thing that he did do that was slightly "billy" Wayne, was kicking out at a goat on his ranch in louisiana that went for him, he payed a fair price for doing that misdeed as he tore his achillis tendon, something that has never healed properly back to how it was!!! serves him right!!poor goat.
Apparently the goat hates him, it doesnt go for anyone else, just him....lol.

later I will be back with some music, have to do the weekly shop today....Hmmm should i take me camera?
what could happen on the weekly shop?

Should I film the security gaurd thats allways looking my way, just to see if he reacts?

decisions...

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi my friends!

Today, I’d like to talk about a “musical wish” of mine.

One day, the complete manuscript of the tenth symphony by Beethoven is discovered. One great concert is celebrated in Vienna, and of course, I assist to this concert. It would be a historical moment. How great!. Can anyone imagine such a thing?

Well, that’s only a dream, but at least we can enjoy the work of Barry Cooper. As you all know, Cooper made a reconstruction of the first movement of this symphony, from the few sketches that have been found out.

It’s very interesting to read these words of Cooper about his own work:

The result is obviously not exactly what Beethoven would have written, and in certain places in particular he would probably have been more imaginative. It also sounds more typical of middle period than late Beethoven, although this may be due to the close connections with the early piano sonatas. Nevertheless, it does provide at least a rough impression of the movement he had in mind at the time of the sketches and is certainly far closer to Beethoven's Tenth symphony than anything previously heard. It is therefore likely to be found extremely interesting by anyone wanting to know what he planned for the symphony that was to have followed the Ninth; moreover it can also be appreciated as a piece of music, in a way that the fragmentary sketches on their own could never be.

When I listen to this music, I often feel moved. Nevertheless, I don’t lose hope that a complete manuscript of the Tenth Symphony is found one day.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Excellent Recaredo, I hope you yourself discover the full score hidden away somewhere, like say in an old beurau that you buy one day with a secret draw in it. Giving you full ownership of the score, so that no one can even look at it unless you give permission.
And you get super famous.
And you sell it one bar at a time over the course of thirty years giving you a massive income for ages, and keeping everyone guessing what will happen next in the symphony...

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Posting very early today as I got up early! This was most unusual, but probably caused by going to sleep early for once..
So,
here is todays post, it is a bit of a rant.

The nanying state is at it again, trying to bring in laws to stop us smoking in our own cars, even if we are driving allong on our own. This is outragous. A car is private property, and the owner has the right to do whatever they want inside their own private property unless it is harming anyone else of course, which it isnt if you are in it by yourself...

Grrrrr..

Page 111 of 370 1 2 109 110 111 112 113 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission