2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
32 members (admodios, busa, Cominut, drumour, Foxtrot3, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 6 invisible), 1,164 guests, and 273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
newbert Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
I'm almost ready to purchase a Digital Piano (Yamaha DGX640) and see that my local dealer can't match the prices online. (He doesn't seem to know too much about some of his inventory either and can't really provided effective support). So, I'm considering purchasing from Kraft Music. I'm wondering whether anyone has ordered a DP from them? If so, how was the shopping experience? I see that they get excellent reviews at ResellerRatings.com, but that doesn't always mean much.

Also, How is their after-sale support? Will they help with difficulties encountered in learning the various functions of the DP or it's UI?

Thanks!

Bert
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
D
D7K Offline
D
I ordered my p105 from them (they had a great price right before Christmas on the kit I wanted) and I'd give them five stars. I buy lots of stuff online and would rate them at the top. I did a few weeks of research, went into to a few stores (where the service was just plain "I don't care". I sent some emails to Kraft with the same questions and got really good replies.

While not my most expensive online purchase (I buy a lot of camera gear), I was really looking to use Amazon Prime, but the reviews for Kraft and my experience with them by email made me choose them for the purchase. I'd certainly choose them again and was told I could call or email with any questions.

Jeff
Casio PX-5S Pro - my new adventure
Yamaha p105 - gone but not forgotten
B
B
Originally Posted by newbert
I'm almost ready to purchase a Digital Piano (Yamaha DGX640) and see that my local dealer can't match the prices online. (He doesn't seem to know too much about some of his inventory either and can't really provided effective support). So, I'm considering purchasing from Kraft Music. I'm wondering whether anyone has ordered a DP from them? If so, how was the shopping experience? I see that they get excellent reviews at ResellerRatings.com, but that doesn't always mean much.

Also, How is their after-sale support? Will they help with difficulties encountered in learning the various functions of the DP or it's UI?

Thanks!

Bert, I usually think like you regarding price - mostly when I buy computer hardware etc..

But since I got quite a good experience in my local shop where I could test different digital pianos etc I will probably buy from them even if they are circa 70 EUR more expensive than online sellers. Why, well if I don't support them they might disappear, and finding the right instrument is easily worth 5% or whatnot of the transaction price.

Another reason to purchase a digital piano locally is in case of warranty repair, I'll just drive down to the shop, instead of paying for expensive (and potentially for the piano dangerous) shipping.

If Kraft gives extensive after purchase support, other than say warranty repairs, I must say I'm impressed, since low prices should mean less money and time for those things.

Current: Yamaha Clavinova
Sold: Yamaha M5J Walnut
Playing ability: Absolute Beginner(s)
K
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
K
I don't know about Kraft but Sweetwater.com has awesome support. They have a 2 year warranty on top of the manufacturers. Anything goes wrong they replace it and have never charged me shipping. I had a Roland Juno-D synth become a brick after installing Rolands updated firmware according to their instructions. Rowland would not cover it, Sweetwater sent me a new board and a shipping label to send the bad one back. All free of charge!

They call it the Sweetwater Difference

I have never been sorry buying from them.

Last edited by Kbeaumont; 01/11/13 03:27 PM.

A long long time ago, I can still remember
How that music used to make me smile....

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission