2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (AlkansBookcase, AndyOnThePiano2, BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, 12 invisible), 2,122 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
OP Offline
B
I just received the PX-750 and found three of the keys defective.
[Linked Image]

Three keys are sunken in (two white and one black) and when pressed, they feel like and sounds like something hard is being struck instead of the normal cushioned response. Does this look like something I can easily fix myself or I have to send it back for a replacement? This speaks pretty poorly of Casio's QA. Very disappointed. Now I wished I had driven to a store instead so I can inspect the content.

O
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
O
Return it for a replacement.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by badbob001
This speaks pretty poorly of Casio's QA.

Assuming the instrument left the factory in that condition.
It's quite possible that this damage actually occurred during shipping - either from the factory to the distributor, the distributor to the store, or the store to you.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
H
H
You can try to lift the key from the edge. It is quite easy to do and then you can push it down. Hopefully this will get the key back to normal.

G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
This could be shipping damage. This is one reason I prefer to buy from a brick and mortar store. I would just exchange it for another one. Calling Casio on something like this is pointless. You could try pushing the keys up then down to see if it frees them.

G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
if your close to a major US city, they may have Authorized Casio repair centers close by.. just go on the casio website to look it up.. im by Los Angeles and there are quite a few if I ever need repair

I know it's frustrating, but what you're most likely looking at is shipping damage, especially if Kiawa James says so since that's his business, and let's face it, he works for a rival company that would love to have your money if you returned this for a refund.

To answer your question, no, I would not attempt to fix this myself. It's under warranty and Casio warranties are good for three years if you register right away. If you open it up and they find out, either because you screw something up or there are factory seals in there, you just voided your warranty.

Casio CGP 700 and love it. Learning with Alfred's All in One. I have a real live teacher now!
B
B
Mmmm ? When both my PX-330 and PX-350 where shipped to me they had tape alongside the riser on the keybed for safe shipping and making it impossible to depress.
Did yours come with this ?

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
I would call the retailer who sold me the unit if it arrived, new, in damaged condition. It would normally be their job to make it right.

If you examine the papers included with the shipment, there are probably directions telling you how to contact the maker for service and claims.

Clef

B
OP Offline
B
The keyboard had all the shipping tapes on the keys so I have no idea how or when the keys were damaged. I can only imagine some intense shaking or bump to cause an internal mechanism to come undone. The happy ending to this story is that I called the retailer and they said I could either bring it to a local Casio repair shop or they will send me a replacement and have the deliverer pick up the defective one. I easily picked the replacement option since it seems like unnecessary work for me to make a few trips someplace while lugging around a 90lb box. I had also checked out the official Casio service center site and they didn't even have the latest Privia models listed so another fear is that a local service center would not have the parts to repair the piano and will have to send it out.

I was originally fearful that I would need to somehow find my own method to ship the 90lb box back or have to send the defective unit back first. The latter scenario seems common in my experience, but I'm glad this wasn't the case. The piano is for my daughter and she didn't want to part with her new piano and even offered "I don't really play those keys anyway." So she got to still practice while the replacement is being shipped and now the replacement itself seems to have perfect keys.

BadBob,
I'm very sorry for the trouble. If you could send me a PM and let me know where you purchased it and the serial number I'll track it from our end so we can investigate how this happened.

Sincerely,

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
-I had something very similar with the Yamaha P105 I purchased- the one key was broken and the ones to the right were also raised.
I think it was shipping-
The retailer (MF) scheduled the pickup and all I had to do was place the item on my porch.

-Then got a second P105 and this one made a clicking so I returned it- I do not have the patience to deal with a third- and if I can't get the box in my car from a mortar store I just wont try a third one.

-Did UPS come get your 90 pound box-that is probably why I didn't order a 750/850 to be delievered- easier packing up a more portable item.

-I actually just asked Mike in a seperate thread if there were specific Casio piano dealers in Philadelphia/South Jersey.

I'm at the point where I'd rather have the service and pay a little more.

Kawai Es8
Korg Nautilus 61
Yamaha P125
Arturia KeyLab MKII
Yamaha CK61

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission