2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, Burkhard, 16 invisible), 2,121 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn

piano joy - as one who has come to greatly appreciate your intellect and sense of advanced jocularity in the "Les Mis" thread I'm shocked - your unprovoked and rather unkind insinuation directed towards the fine folks of Mississippi is almost as surprising as your oversight of my reference to the works of Metallica as sounding like those of Liszt, which was the real point of the post and the subtle point of the humor intended..

The "barefoot" comment was simply a gratuitous slur directed at those yammering about the pros and cons of the young
lady's footware, rather than discussing her pianistic skills...

Trap

Edited to add that the bare foot - depending on it's possessor and their experience and tactile skills - can be a highly stimulating and arousing sensual implement smirk

Note also that true rednecks actually play the keys with their bare feet, not just the pedals laugh

Dearest Trap, there was no oversight on my part regarding the reference to Liszt; you already put a "smiley face" emoticon next to that point, thus, the "subtle point of humor" was made known.

As for the " intellect and sense of advanced jocularity" comment- BIG KISS AND HUG FROM ME TO YOU (respectfully, of course, as you are married) and I might just print that out, enlarge it, frame it and hang it where all may see!

laugh

p.s. I'm not too worried about the fine folk in Mississippi....I'm not sure they have pianos there....hmmmm.

I don't care too much for money. For money can't buy me love.
-the Beatles

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by piano joy
Originally Posted by BeccaBb
K Mr. SuperHunky, we wanna see you in your sexy Dr. Martins in a sexy tight outfit playing piano too! wink

1+

'Cause we want to know if you are REALLY SuperHunky or just wish you were!
grin

First off ladies, stop fighting as there's plenty-O-man cake to go around. hehe.

Now I can assure you that I am the real deal. I even have a cape. Well, at least I used to but Mrs Hunky wrecked it with Goof-Off using it to get tar spots of the wheels of the car. [She thought it was an old towel which it actually was but to me it was so much more!].

Anyway, you never know if someday you'll see some Speedo wearing Llama rancher playing piano on Youtube. Crazier things have happened.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

As for the " intellect and sense of advanced jocularity" comment- BIG KISS AND HUG FROM ME TO YOU (respectfully, of course, as you are married) and I might just print that out, enlarge it, frame it and hang it where all may see!

laugh

smile

But these attributes of yours should be obvious to even the most casual of observers...and you really don't have to be too awfully respectful laugh

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Good grief! as an aside if anyone can guess what caused the foot in the picture of the foot to look as bad as it does, well there is no prize, but you may be very surprised....

A clue, it is not caused by frostbite, and neither is it caused by direct injury, ie a piano being dropped on the foot.

Answers not on a postcard.....

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Good grief! as an aside if anyone can guess what caused the foot in the picture of the foot to look as bad as it does, well there is no prize, but you may be very surprised....

A clue, it is not caused by frostbite, and neither is it caused by direct injury, ie a piano being dropped on the foot.

Rossy,
You know I'm terrible with guessing games, riddles, etc. I'm just happy it was not my foot looking that way! laugh

Last edited by griffin2417; 01/07/13 12:53 PM. Reason: Stupid typo!

Carl

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P

Double good grief! Only you, Rossy, can switch the direction of a thread
90 degrees (and I'm not talking temperature).

Ok, my guess: it's your foot ('cause I notice a date on the bottom of the picture as if it were a privately taken photo) and the blue necrosis/blistering result is from trying to wear a pair of high heels. Please leave this dangerous activity to us gals!
smile

Last edited by piano joy; 01/07/13 12:34 PM.

-the Beatles

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
In all seriousness, this foot was taken from google images and it is ( thank gawd) not my foot at all.
This was actually a clinical case study of someone who had been taking warfarin, it is indeed a potential side effect in some folk.

I know quite a few folk who are taking warfarin, parents and the like and was surprised that no one had (a.) ever mentioned this possibility or (b.) had never been told this was a possibility.

My heels are comfy.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
D
D
I was hoping to see a little more music on this thread. Unfortunately ( I say unfortunately as I do like the odd surprise) the ostentation of Mr R and a few of his diciple's has greatly paraded itself instead smile

CebuKid Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mr Super-Hunky
Originally Posted by BeccaBb
K Mr. SuperHunky, we wanna see you in your sexy Dr. Martins in a sexy tight outfit playing piano too! wink

1+

'Cause we want to know if you are REALLY SuperHunky or just wish you were!
grin

First off ladies, stop fighting as there's plenty-O-man cake to go around. hehe.

Now I can assure you that I am the real deal. I even have a cape. Well, at least I used to but Mrs Hunky wrecked it with Goof-Off using it to get tar spots of the wheels of the car. [She thought it was an old towel which it actually was but to me it was so much more!].

Anyway, you never know if someday you'll see some Speedo wearing Llama rancher playing piano on Youtube. Crazier things have happened.

..and wearing nothing but Speedos with the Doc Marten boots! lol

I immediately regret the mental picture...thanks a lot Mr. S-H...lol. mad

YouTube Channel
Scott Joplin Repertoire

Music washes away from the soul
the dust of everyday life.
- Berthold Auerbach

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

Ok, my guess: it's your foot and the blue necrosis/blistering result is from trying to wear a pair of high heels.
smile

Yes, it's his foot, but it's not just the high heels - it's also the unfortunate fact that the foot ends up in his mouth far too often... laugh

Trap

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Densi826
I was hoping to see a little more music on this thread. Unfortunately ( I say unfortunately as I do like the odd surprise) the ostentation of Mr R and a few of his diciple's has greatly paraded itself instead smile

" so- so " !
Some songs (in my NEVER humble opinion) should not be performed as piano solos and Bohemiam Rhapsody is one of them! Not a bad arrangement, but, does nothing for me, other than make me squirm in discomfort a wee bit.

Same goes for ABBA's Dancing Queen. (and if anybody dares post, I may have to slap them!)

I *do* like this arrangement of KISS's Beth, however, so "more music" for Densi826. Oh, and must get past the sultry sarcasm in the beginning....

Last edited by piano joy; 01/08/13 08:36 AM.

-the Beatles

D
D
Thanks for Beth and the reminder of how good the original was

[video:yahoo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p4MZJsexEs[/video]

To finish off on Rossy's anti-jazz buffoonery all crackpot ideas deserve and demand ridicule and its all good. Its just something that I have no interest in.

CebuKid Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
I actually loved her version of Queen's Bohemian Raphsfody..

She is actually classically trained which would explain her virtuosity. Here's her interpretation of a very familiar piece. Bottom line: I like her!!

edit...PS- Upon further research, she was actually top of her field when she was younger. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktoriya_Yermolyeva

I had no idea...lol...shows you how much I know about pianists and piano...

Last edited by CebuKid; 01/10/13 07:43 AM.

YouTube Channel
Scott Joplin Repertoire

Music washes away from the soul
the dust of everyday life.
- Berthold Auerbach

[Linked Image]
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Densi826
Thanks for Beth and the reminder of how good the original was

[video:yahoo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p4MZJsexEs[/video]

To finish off on Rossy's anti-jazz buffoonery all crackpot ideas deserve and demand ridicule and its all good. Its just something that I have no interest in.

what happened here? I can't view the video- or ,I should say, it won't "play". hmmmm.

I like the word " buffoonery". Or did you make it up? smile

-the Beatles

D
D
I must of pressed the wrong button or something.

The first “buffoons,” when the term first appeared in the 16th century, were just that — professional comic actors or jesters (Samuel Johnson defined the word as “A man whose profession is to make sport by low jests and antick postures”). English borrowed “buffoon” from the French “buffon,” which came from the Italian “buffone,” which was based on the Italian “buffa,” meaning “a jest.” That “buffa,” in turn, was connected to the verb “buffare,” meaning “to puff,” and here things get interesting. It’s possible that the use of “puffing” to refer to jokes was a reference to the light and gentle nature of the jokes and jests of a “buffoon,” or the “puffing” may refer to the jester actually puffing out his cheeks and making other funny faces.

While a “buffoon” was originally a professional jester, by the early 17th century the term had broadened to include amateur humorists, specifically the sort who consider themselves comic geniuses but strike everyone else as jerks and creeps. It was at this point that “buffoon” acquired its modern highly negative connotations. It was also this period that saw the first appearance of the noun “buffoonery,” meaning “low humor, jesting, farce.”

We still use “buffoon” and “buffoonery” in those senses, but modern usage of both terms has taken an interesting twist. While a “buffoon” was once known for making stupid or tasteless jokes, the modern “buffoon” is often a person whose transparently absurd posturing makes him (or, less frequently, her) the object of public ridicule and derisive jokes. Similarly, “buffoonery,” once a synonym for broad, vulgar humor, has come to mean self-important nonsense spouted, often in front of microphones, by a buffoon. Interestingly, given the roots of “buffoon,” this modern sense of “buffoon” fits quite nicely with the adjective “puffed-up,” meaning (according to the Oxford English Dictionary) “Inflated or swollen with vanity, pride, etc.; having an inflated sense of one’s importance or worth; pompous, overweening.”

Reason for the edit is to say I found this definition on the web which does the job.

Last edited by Densi826; 01/10/13 04:03 PM.
D
D
Cebukid would love to talk about Chopin, when I have got more time must join in the Chopin thread.

D
D
Before I forget thanks for that link Cebukid as well just read this interview got to get some sleep Zzzzzzzzzz

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission