2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
27 members (clothearednincompo, crab89, Georg Z., David B, Fried Chicken, AlkansBookcase, 9 invisible), 1,162 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Ladypane - Great job!! Please let us know how you recorded this as it sounds great!

Stumbler - Great playing!!! You keep a very steady rhythm. I never heard this before but I loved it!

Newman - I am always looking forward to your contributions here and you did not disappoint this time either. I love your Beatles covers!!! Your voice is absolutely golden!! I have never heard this before but after listening to this I don't think I want to listen to the original, your version is so good!

Starr Keys - No, it is not bad at all! It is actually very good. You are very talented that can sing and create arrangements like this!! Me sing? Well, I was actually singing and playing this piece when the recorder was off… I love this tune and I find the lyrics to be great too.

Weiyan - Great performance. This piece is new to me but it sounded great.

Candlelightpiano - Great playing!! The Aristocats is such a cute movie!! What a beautiful piano you have!

BillM - Yet another fantastic contribution from you Bill!! It is so great to come to the bar and hear your songs. I must say that your piano is simply fantastic (and it looks great too). The harmonizer feature is perfect here. Great thinking and execution!!

Wish4THing - What a great start for you here!! I think you played it very well. Thanks for sharing!!

Greener - Great playing!! This piece is new to me but you play it very relaxed and I can tell that you have fun playing it!

My piano channel on YouTube: Link
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
ladypayne, nice job on Adagio.

stumbler, well done.

Newman, another fun Beatles' song. Well done.

Starr Keys, not a bad job at all on Till We Meet Again. Quite enjoyable.

Weiyan, nice work on the Musette.

candlelightpiano, I remember this from the movie . . . although it's been a long time now. Fun piece, and a great job.

BillM, that's an interesting effect. It really does sound like you are harmonizing with yourself. I must admit that I too thought of Sesame Street when I first saw the names Bert and Ernie.

[b]

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Amaruk, congratulations on your new piano. It sounds great. This is a really pretty piece, nad you play it well.

Wish4Thing, you play the Bach (or Petzold) piece very well. Nice job.

Greener, very nice job on the Beethoben minuet. Very musically played.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

C
C
Thank you, BillM. Someday I hope to be able to play as well as you do.

Amaruk: I enjoyed the theme from Lord of the Rings on your new piano. I've actually never heard it before. Interesting how you overlaid a video over your performance. How do you do that? Also, how you do post a video cover? I only know how to post a link.

Wish4Thing: Your Minuet brought back memories, all good! There was nothing wrong with it. It was a very good performance.

Last edited by candlelightpiano; 01/05/13 02:22 AM. Reason: edited as I listened to more pieces
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by candlelightpiano

Amaruk: I enjoyed the theme from Lord of the Rings on your new piano. I've actually never heard it before. Interesting how you overlaid a video over your performance. How do you do that? Also, how you do post a video cover? I only know how to post a link.

Thank you! My video editor (FCPX) has multiple tracks in the time line and it is very easy to combine videos this way.

The way to post a video from YouTube here is: click on the monitor icon in the reply window and select YouTube. Then enter the code for your clip. The code is what comes after '?v=' in the link to a clip. The code for your clip is: 6fzWTvJD15s.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Stumbler - excellent arrangement, lovely playing. The piano equiv of Vaughn Williams. And your piano is . . .?

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
You seem like an encouraging lot . . .what d`ya have to be to join?

"[Linked Image]"
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Greener
Congratulations on the new keys Amaruk. Sounds fabulous ... a bet your practicing time just quadrupled laugh

Thanks! Yes, the new piano has for sure increased my practicing time!! It has also inspired me to try to play music by Chopin. Here is my first Chopin recording:

[video:youtube]TObVIsOUAqo[/video]

Last edited by Amaruk; 01/05/13 12:36 PM.

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Thank you BillM, KenJazz, Amaruk and TX-Dennis for giving me such a warm welcome back to the Bar this year.

Digging up this old recording of mine has proven to be very prescient. This was the first time my mother had heard me sing since I was in college and I remembered how moved she was by it when she heard it 2-1/2 years ago.

She went into the hospital the day after Christmas in terrible pain, which they haven’t been able to alleviate enough because increasing pain medication has caused other serious complications. My sisters say the only thing that she really responds to now and that seems to sooth her is their playing old standards she remembers from the dances and movies of her youth. The decision was made yesterday to enter her into a hospice program and I’m leaving for New York tomorrow night, but I sent ahead a CD with the audio file of my Till We Meet Again and asked my sisters to play it for her in case I don’t make it in time.

Last edited by Starr Keys; 01/05/13 05:09 PM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Starr Keys - I am so very sorry to hear about your mother. I hope you both can find peace.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
S
S
Starr Keys. I'm sorry to hear that.
I wish you and yours well.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
S
S
Greener, I like that minuet.
I suspect we'll have a minuet thread if we're not careful.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
S
S
Amaruk, nice playing.

p.s. I didn't know that that prelude had a name.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Thank you Bill and Stumbler. Your good wishes are appreciated.

G

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member
G
Great job with the Chopin Amaruk. Fabulous affect with the dancers in the video as well, and in time to boot. I look forward to hearing more pieces from you like this, on the new keys.

Thanks so much Amaruk, Dennis and Stumbler for your kind comments on the Minuet. It could certainly use more work to bring up to snuff, but not where my priorities lie at the moment. Your kind words are very encouraging for me though.

Originally Posted by peterws
You seem like an encouraging lot . . .what d`ya have to be to join?

Just a willingness to take the stage, peterws so please do so. I have heard your playing in another thread and you will certainly be raising the bar -- in the Bar -- for me at least. It's all good though, so do not be shy.
Originally Posted by Amaruk

Greener ... This piece is new to me ...

Really? You weren't a fan of Bugs Bunny? I think I owe my love of classical music to the Bugs. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a clip on Youtube with the Beethoven-Minuet in G major (there were several episodes I assure you, and is what it always reminds me of.) Instead, here he conducts the London Philharmonic Orchestra;

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Starr Keys I am so sad to hear this...

Greener I did watch Bugs Bunny as a kid but I don't recall this minuet from it though (perhaps because it such a long time ago...LOL). Great clip you added with him conducting the London Philharmonic orchestra!! Thanks for sharing!

J
J
Hey guys, I'm new on this site, nice to meet you. I just got back into piano playing, here are a couple performances of me smile

Nobuo Uematsu - To Zanarkand (Final Fantasy X Soundtrack)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIfdi1_NlwA

Disney (Alan Menken & David Zippel) - Go the Distance (Hercules Soundtrack)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOmCgRh9uYo

I`m new as well. Good stuff. Loved the second; fast bits were great. Piano was too.

"[Linked Image]"
A
A
I've been absent from the piano bar as I had nothing to post yet, but couldn't resist listening to the Final Fantasy music. Technically correct, Sisler. I would prefer the left hand to be a little louder.

The Hercules was very good!

David Lanz - Skyline Firedance Suite
Nobuo Uematsu - Final Fantasy 7 Main Theme
[Linked Image]
S
S
sislermi - you have these 2 down solid

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission