2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
30 members (Animisha, brennbaer, Cominut, crab89, aphexdisklavier, fullerphoto, admodios, busa, drumour, Foxtrot3, 4 invisible), 1,182 guests, and 269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
OP Offline
B
Here's Scaramouch played by myself and 'Jolteon'.

Enjoy pw!

Comments regarding how this can be improved are welcomed.

I'm the one of the left!

:-)

Last edited by Beethoven747-400; 01/05/13 09:50 AM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Yes! smile Might I mention that we did this a few weeks ago as part of a piano summer school. We only had like 2 days to learn it before this, and we both had other performances during those few days, so practise time was rather limited, hence the incomplete and rather imperfect presentation of the work.

[Linked Image]
Algernon: I hope, Cecily, I shall not offend you if I state quite frankly and openly that you seem to me to be in every way the visible personification of absolute perfection.
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I have played this...

First of all I should note, to those who do not know this, this is half the piece. There's the middle part missing. But this makes sense, as Jolteon says if they had a couple of days to study it.

That said here's my harsh feedback:

It's a very tiny bit unsteady (again this makes sense), and the dynamics seem a bit 'uninspired', like you weren't exactly sure what to do.

But the most important thing that I felt missing was a more 'real' Brazilian feeling! It was too "classical" in a sense. Too "straight forward". Too "normal". And it goes against Milhoud somehow... :-/ And let me explain a bit further: I don't remember the score outright, but I seem to recall that it didn't have any accents, but the accents are strongly needed. Especially in piano 2 (Not Joelton) who's playing that pattern. It takes more a kind of 'mambo', or accent, or a hic up ideal to make the rhythm happen. And even the left hand of Joelton is not enough to bring the 'joy' futher in the piece.

Despite of the above, I'm pretty sure that at this point I'd need 8 hours for 2 days to make a piece like this happen, even if I've already study it. That alone speaks for the quality of you as pianists! So take the above with tons of salt and feel better that I'm being harsh with you: I'm half jealous, half expecting excellence from both!

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I would change the title of the video unless you really "arranged"(as opposed to cut out part of) the piece. Although I think criticizing a performance prepared with such little practice time available doesn't make that much sense, the one thing I noticed right away was that the two of you weren't always together.

W
wr Offline
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
W
Considering the circumstances, not bad at all! It's such infectiously fun music that even without a high degree of polish, I enjoyed hearing it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission