2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, 36251, benkeys, 9 invisible), 2,042 guests, and 334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Weiyan - I like the "A" key on the bottom o` yer piano . . .heh heh

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
A
A
This is the very first time I have recorded myself on a piano. For some reason when I just enjoy playing it goes perfect, but while recording I tend to mess up.

Falling Leaves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4MUGTZ3p0k

Last edited by Artur Gajewski; 01/19/13 06:27 AM.

- Artur Gajewski

Working on:
Beethoven - Fur Elise
Chopin - Waltz in A minor
A
A
Nice tune, Artur. Messing up while recording is a common problem!

I've been practising a fun piece from Final Fantasy VII OST, had a decent run at the recording, then messed up the final chord in a transition. But expecting perfection from yourself is a sure way to fail. It's best to relax and just try to recover from any oopsies.

[video:youtube]wYWQlD7xwzo[/video]

David Lanz - Skyline Firedance Suite
Nobuo Uematsu - Final Fantasy 7 Main Theme
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
In Love with Love: Very sweet. wow

Last edited by Weiyan; 01/19/13 08:03 AM.

Working on:\

J.S.Bach Prelude in C Min: No. 2 from Six Preludes fur Anfanger auf dem
Am Abend No. 2 from Stimmungsbilder, Op. 88
60s Swing No. 1 from Swinging Rhythms
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Artur Gajewski: The falling leaves gives me Autumn feel.

Allard: Very good. Not easy to play this long piece.

Artur - That`s a good tune to hack about with. "Autumn Leaves" is a common jazz rendition which can go on forever. . .Plug away on that one, you`ll have fun!

"[Linked Image]"
Allard - Ya did well, man. How did you record it? The quality is very good . .

"[Linked Image]"
N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by Artur Gajewski
...For some reason when I just enjoy playing it goes perfect, but while recording I tend to mess up.

Yes, happens every time. I was just settling in and autumn leaves was over!

Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by peterws
That was 30 years ago . . . .! A good `un, man. McCartney/Lennon in one. Keep `em comin

Thanks. I worked at trying to be a songwriter every day for several years in the early eighties. I have many more written in the same period. Yes, a long time ago now but I've come back to them from a piano perspective - a little tweak here and there etc.

N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
Allard - interesting piece. From the Final Fantasy game series? I usually find game music hard tolerate (the same four bars over and over) but that captured my attention.

I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
Happy New Year to all!

It's been long while since visiting PW except for the occasional PMs. Listening to everyone's submissions has, in part, help in rekindling my enthusiasm to play after a protracted absence (many reasons for this). It's great to see many of the regulars again and some enthusiastic newcomers.

ladypayne~ oddly, your adagio has a feel and sound to it somewhat like the ever-familiar standard, Autumn Leaves, then morphs into a wonderful melody. Very nicely done.

stumbler~ Thank you for my introduction to the Strathspeys. The one you chose is very pretty and a wonderful way to start the new year!

Newman~ I like your uptempo version of For No One. I recently heard a jazz ballad version of this piece and could hardly believe my ears. Great work, for sure. Your original, You and Me, is terrific. You could easily fit in a solo guitar or piano in there and it'd make a hit. In Love with Love is wonderful - you've got some serious composition skills. I really look forward to hearing more of your original soundtracks.

StarrKeys~ Very excellent arrangement you put together for, 'Till We Meet Again. As always, I very much enjoy hearing your voice accompanied by your piano playing. I am thrilled you chose to continue singing. More importantly, I am sorry to hear about your mother. My thoughts are with you through these difficult and disorienting times.

Weiyan~ your playing of the notes in Bach's music is improving as is your maintaining a solid tempo. Look forward to hearing you play Mussette, No. 11 again after it's matured under your fingers. BWV 846 is nicely done. Dynamics come with time as does getting the evenness of the notes. Keep focusing on making it sing. Keep up the good work!

candlelightpiano~ can't beat a good set of scales and arpeggios, no doubt. Very good piano playing and it sounded to me like you were having a lot of fun with that tune. It shows in your music, for sure!

BillM~ You played, I Love You Truly, so very sweetly. A pretty and romantic old piece. Yes, they don't write them like that anymore. My Grandfather used to sing, Those Were the Days, to me all the time when I was a child. Thank you for these memories.

Amaruk~ Very simple piece, and the simplicity with which you play it brings out the mood most excellently, indeed. Great you are teaching your child to play. Good go on your first Chopin. Quite a bit going on for a half-pager, eh? It will mature under your fingers over the years. Congratulations on your new electric keyboard. Play it in good health!

Wish4Thing~ good work on Bach. You bring out the voices very clearly. No easy task. Keep it up and you will find all the nuances you want to express will fall under your fingers more easily. French Suite 5 is simply fantastic! I love your tempo and dynamics to separate the voices - very well-played, indeed!

Greener~ great Beethoven! Your priority to keep a steady tempo though the change is exceptional. Cute ending, too. Fantastic, Jeff!

sislermi~ Never heard of either piece, but you bring out some unexpected fantastic virtuosity in the second piece that really caught me by surprise. Thanks for introducing me to these pieces. Bravo!

peterws~ very well played piece of music, perfect for the Holiday Season and beyond. Thank you for your music - look forward to hearing more from you.

Elssa~ My grandmother used to play this all the time. I very much enjoyed your version of, Near You. The long ending really makes it. Good job on, Those Were the Days. You've got some very quick fingers there to change those voices while keeping tempo!

ArthurGajewski~ Congratulations on making your first recording! That is no easy task, for sure. I always thought the piece was called, Autumn Leaves - learned something new. Good playing and I look forward to hearing the whole piece. You play with a very nice touch.

Allard~ Mako Reactor is interesting. Never heard of Final Fantasy before. I must be out of the loop. Good playing.

Glen

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Thank you very much Amaruk, Elssa and Glen(Inlanding)and everyone else who I earlier thanked, or somehow missed, for your kindness and support in this trying time.

I was able to spend every day of my time in New York at my mom's bedside. She died right after I departed by train for the airport--we all believe, with peace and clarity.

She was a great mom and I'll miss her very much. Here is a link to a performance video that some of you have seen before. It is a tribute to my mother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysMt5PKGsDw

N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
My condolences, Starr Keys. It's hard losing a parent. The video is terrific.

N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
Glen - good to see you back! (and thanks for the compliments)

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Starr Keys: Your mom is great.

Glen: Thank you for the encouragement and suggestion. Also thank to all friends here who listen to my playing and give me feedback.

I am improving with your help.

Thank you.

A
A
Sorry about your loss, Starr Keys. Dealing with that is even harder than the song you played so well.

[Linked Image]
A
A
Peter: I use my iPad for recording. It's not great, but better than my old digital camera. I'd prefer to plug my piano into the computer and record audio directly, but I am unable to mix it with video. Windows Movie Maker stopped working when I upgraded to Windows 8.

Newman, Inlanding: Final Fantasy is a series of role playing games originating from Japan. It is known for excellent storyline and music. My song is directly from one of these games, but there are also Piano Collections with arrangements played by concert pianists. There have even been concert tours in Japan featuring fully orchestrated arrangements. (Not of Mako Reactor though, this is just a simple tune.) Most of this music was composed by Nobuo Uematsu. You can find several pieces in the ABF Recital Index. Those piano collections, and Beethoven, are the reason why I started playing. I want to learn to make such beautiful music smile

[Linked Image]
S
S
Peterws: Fluent start on the Allemande.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
S
S
Weiyan, you are progressing!
Good video.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
S
S
Newman, great song writing.
The accompaniment is really catchy too.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission