2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Cheeto717, 12 invisible), 1,880 guests, and 264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
All PianoWorld members: You're Invited!
Renowned Swiss Piano Expert Stephan Mohler to debut Kayserburg pianos

Swiss piano expert, and Guangzhou Pearl River piano production director Stephan Mohler will present the new Kayserburg Artist piano line in its USA debut at R.KASSMAN piano in Berkeley, California on Sunday, January 20th.
Mohler, the former Chief of production for C. Bechstein pianos of Berlin, Germany, will present the product details of the recently designed pianos by famed piano designer Lothar Thomma at a performance, presentation and reception featuring the new instrument. To build this instrument, Mohler created a "factory within a factory" at the Guangzhou facility, personally selecting the craftsman to work with him to build the pianos in the European guild system. This means that each instrument is built by a team of individuals from raw product to finished instrument. The pianos, being introduced to the American market at the 2013 National Association of Music Merchants convention in Los Angeles in January, are each hand-crafted and feature solid spruce soundboards, Renner (Stuttgart, Germany) action components, genuine Ebony sharps and patented keytops of mineral components nicknamed "Ecory" (Eco-Ivory). R.KASSMAN was selected as the first Kayserburg dealer in the United States by Pearl River America president Evelyn Luo in a "test market" of how the instruments would be received. Based on response, the instruments will be distributed nationwide beginning in January of 2013.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by master88er; 12/27/12 04:23 PM.

Russell I. Kassman
Technician -Consultant

FORMER/Semi-Retired: USA Rep.for C.Bechstein & Sauter; Founder/R. KASSMAN Piano; Consultant - GUANGZHOU Pearl River Piano Co.

www.RussellKassman.com
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I would never consider a Chinese piano with a German sounding name.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I would never consider a Chinese piano with a German sounding name.

That's fine.

Chances are the new 126 upright show at next NAMM will blow people's mind. The piano apparently became 'talk of show' during last Shanghai piano fair and since appears near impossible to obtain.

[This from a non-dealer telling other non-dealers...]

At least these are genuinely German designed pianos [Lothar Thomma] with many genuine [and clearly identified..] German parts.

AS opposed to some other "German named pianos" cleverly made some place in Europe with Chinese made parts inside them [not clearly identified..]

Staying slightly behind the times may pay for some - for others it ain't.

To each his own.

Norbert smile

Last edited by Norbert; 12/27/12 10:14 PM.

Online Content
Originally Posted by Norbert

At least these are genuinely German designed pianos [Lothar Thomma] with many genuine [and clearly identified..] German parts.

AS opposed to some other "German named pianos" from somewhere in Europe with Chinese made parts [not clearly identified..]
Speaking in a derogatory fashion about other piano makes is a turn off to most customers. Not specifically naming the piano(s) does not change this tactic. It's still bad mouthing the competition.

Last edited by pianoloverus; 12/27/12 09:29 PM.
There's nothing "derogatary" about this claim.

No names are mentioned, no fingers pointed.

It's not my job to identify specifics or specific names.

For those who like to find out more, reading specs and asking appropriate questions from manufacturers is a good start.

I did - years ago when I visited several factories. Nobody there mentioned the typical "made to our specifications" - all [well, most..] were clear an direct in their answers. For which I respect them.

Here it's somewhat different.

Just mentioning the earth is round gets you quickly into trouble with the favorite crowd.

As if my observation and resulting opinion would make the slightest difference, let alone be of any benefit to me...

Norbert cry

Last edited by Norbert; 12/27/12 09:47 PM.

Online Content
I know a dealer who had derogatory claims about a Japanese piano maker("plastic") on his website although he knew they were unfounded and who did not mention his industry affiliation on PW until after it became a rule for dealers.

"There's nothing "derogatory" about this claim.

No names are mentioned, no fingers pointed."

Last edited by pianoloverus; 12/27/12 09:48 PM.

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member
Norbert said nothing derogatory about the piano or of the dealership. PLU, you misread his post.

Marty in Minnesota

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.
Come on, gents, let Mater88er (Mr. Kassman) make his announcement/invitation in peace. Other dealer members here have done it... smile

Thanks,

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
Not buying a "Chinese piano with German name" is perfectly fine by me. It's a free world out there, buyers can [and should..] do as they see fit. No offence to Guapo - a friend!

[Hey, that's why we like to sell Estonias & Sauters!! thumb]

Buying something however, which is clearly not what it claims to be is a somewhat different matter.

Unfortunately a not too infrequent episode involving many of today's "American", "German" and "Canadian" named pianos - from seemingly everywhere and anywhere...

In this regard Kayserburg or Ritmüller [ sister brand] are hardly main villains as there is nothing secret about the details of their pianos, point of origin INCLUDING all parts and components.

By the way: "in detail"

In fact: "proudly and respectfully" made in China.
[ o.k with a little help: http://www.kayserburgpianos.com.au/aboutus.php

In fact the pianos seem to be getting interesting bed partners in the very heart of German piano making:

http://www.dieklaviermachermeister.at/herstellerberichte_nov10.php?lang=en

Time to wake up to a slightly different world out there....

Norbert

Last edited by Norbert; 12/27/12 10:22 PM.

D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
Thanks for the invitation. Can you tell us more about the piano line? Or post a link?

"Imagine it in all its primatic colorings, its counterpart in our souls - our souls that are great pianos whose strings, of honey and of steel, the divisions of the rainbow set twanging, loosing on the air great novels of adventure!" - William Carlos Williams
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I wasn't knocking Chinese pianos, just those hiding behind a fake name. I think Hailun is a good example of the Chinese doing their thing and developing their name and would not hesitate to again consider them.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Only Norbert could get in trouble for plugging his pianos in a thread started by another dealer to plug his pianos!

Gary
M
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
Geez,

It was simply an invitation! You're not obligated to attend,or have any interest, but i don't recall such vitriol when others have recently invited members to Bosie events, haliun events, Cunningham events or Yamaha events.

And, anyone who thinks the name Kayserburg, as spelled, is an attempt at German lineage obviously hasn't traveled beyond the Rio Grande. I guess we'll just have to suffer without a purchase from Groucho..... Oops, Guadalupe....... dang spellcheck.

Russell I. Kassman
Technician -Consultant

FORMER/Semi-Retired: USA Rep.for C.Bechstein & Sauter; Founder/R. KASSMAN Piano; Consultant - GUANGZHOU Pearl River Piano Co.

www.RussellKassman.com
Only Norbert could get in trouble for plugging his pianos in a thread started by another dealer to plug his pianos!

Funny, we're not even a dealers... grin

but i don't recall such vitriol when others have recently invited members to Bosie events, haliun events, Cunningham events or Yamaha events.

Of course not. None of the others seem to pose such threat to what is perceived by some as the currently established order of things.

Meaning unfortunately also "opportunity of a lifetime to buyers"

And therein lies the problem.

Everybody make sure never to find let alone try any of these pianos.

Even more dissent expected to break out after....

Let's have 2013 become a year of order and peace!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Norbert thumb

Last edited by Norbert; 12/28/12 03:50 AM.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Kayserburg sounds so Asian, no doubt it was made in Guangzhou, China since the Dim Sum dynasty.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by master88er
Geez,

It was simply an invitation! You're not obligated to attend,or have any interest, but i don't recall such vitriol when others have recently invited members to Bosie events, haliun events, Cunningham events or Yamaha events.

Master,

Maybe it's just bad dumb luck, or maybe you need to cultivate some enablers. To make it work, you simply cannot have a first responsee that dumps a bowl of stone-cold gazpacho on your head, followed by Norbert and his nemesis buzzing all around your topic doing a Tom and Jerry retro animation piece.

Let me try to clean this mess up.

originally posted by Gazpacho Brujo

I love the name Kayserberg. It reminds me of when I was employed as a sorcerer at a feudal castle.

originally posted by Northoftheborderberto

I would kill to get the Kayserberg lime, but I hope I don't have to. It's so disappointing. I've pumped up Rittmuller to the point it could be the lead balloon in the Macy's Parade, but what do I get in return? Nada!! Life just isn't fair.

originally posted by PianomoderatorNYC

Simply amazing! I'm sure it will be boffo in the next Pianobuyer. In the meantime, could you post something played by Hamburg on a Hamelin and identify the piece?

originally posted by Ricardo Gasolini

Russell, what am I... chopped liver? I want that line. I'll trade you a Cunningham Composer for a Kayserberg Artist to get the ball rolling, What say you?

orignally posted by Mike's Carr Wash

It sounds like a name for hand-cut pastrami on a bulkie. I'm going to stop by for a sample.

Now to be serious....

Gazpacho,

Five years ago I felt the same as you do. I gave a point to Hailun for building under its own name. However, in the meantime Hailun has become the builder and/or major supplier to so many lines with so many names in so many different markets that five years from now, topics here may well come down to "My Hailun is better than your Hailun".

I don't see anything wrong with the Kayserberg name if the maker uses the name for the same pianos in all of its international markets and does not trade off whatever buzz the Artist line creates to push lesser products under the same name.

Maybe Master can comment on the current plans for worldwide distribution of these products and what markets are currently targeted.

Will Johnny Come Marching Home?
The fate of the modern wartime soldier
Tur:

1] grin

2] thumb

3] Nice to see everybody come to life thumb thumb

Norbert

Last edited by Norbert; 12/28/12 01:58 PM.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I miss Mike's Carr Wash. He made some legitimate points and wrote in an entertaining style. Did he get booted or something?

Gary
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by master88er
And, anyone who thinks the name Kayserburg, as spelled, is an attempt at German lineage...

but perhaps it is, aka http://engrish.com/ smirk

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022
Kayserburg pianos

Not to be confused with the city of Kayserberg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaysersberg

And not to be spelled as

Kaiserburg or
Kaiserberg or
Keiserburg or
Keiserberg

Consider the possibilites !!!! smile

Mason and Hamlin BB - 91640
Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
Korg SP-100 Stage Piano
YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/pianophilo
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission