2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
25 members (drumour, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, JohnCW, Kawai James, 8 invisible), 1,251 guests, and 286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
OP Offline
M
I'm using the Casio CDP-120 as a controller in the studio, and also with it's internal sounds for small gigs, rehearsals and jams. I like it better than the Privia PX-330 I had for several reasons.

It may not have the 'triple sensor' of the later Privia's but it suits my playing style, and it's very expressive as a controller. To illustrate, here's a link to a just completed original piece, where I used the CDP-120 to control software. See if you can tell which software I'm using smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGC...RhlLaualvSUycQpfq1XUtAkQqQhrD4ROdHJAPiOk

Solo Piano CD of original pieces, entitled 'Journeys'. You can listen to samples on Spotify and YouTube.
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
You gotta tell us how you shimmed it and made it silent!

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by justpin
You gotta tell us how you shimmed it and made it silent!

There's no such thing as 'silent' with a 25 pound keyboard, but less noisy is certainly doable. The annoying noises, because they're the most distracting, are the ones where one key sounds different from all the others.

Soon I'm going to be working on a pdf file with photos that covers disassembly and noise diagnosis, since enough people seem interested, and Casio doesn't sell service manuals. I'll probably put it up on my website and charge a few bucks because there's a lot of time involved.

Disassembly takes a lot of time unless you know how to do it. The first time took me around three hours through trial and error (and fear of breaking things), but it can be done in twenty minutes or so if you have instructions.

Solo Piano CD of original pieces, entitled 'Journeys'. You can listen to samples on Spotify and YouTube.
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
My CDP200 is getting noisier as time goes by, annoying three of the Cs and Es rattle loudly when I let go of them.

But looking forward to the guide!

Last edited by justpin; 12/27/12 06:37 PM.
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Michael H
I'm using the Casio CDP-120 as a controller in the studio, and also with it's internal sounds for small gigs, rehearsals and jams. I like it better than the Privia PX-330 I had for several reasons.

It may not have the 'triple sensor' of the later Privia's but it suits my playing style, and it's very expressive as a controller. To illustrate, here's a link to a just completed original piece, where I used the CDP-120 to control software. See if you can tell which software I'm using smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGC...RhlLaualvSUycQpfq1XUtAkQqQhrD4ROdHJAPiOk

I liked the keyboard and they had excellent deals on them for $250. I did end up with the PX130 for just a little more. It has a pretty heavy action for its price range.

Kawai Es8
Korg Nautilus 61
Yamaha P125
Arturia KeyLab MKII
Yamaha CK61
M
OP Offline
M
Possum, unless I'm mistaken the actions are the same in both, except for the number of sensors.

I thought the sound of the PX130/330 was better than that of the CDP-120, but not by leaps and bounds. The CDP's internal speakers don't do it's sound justice.

None of these, and not the new PX-150/350's, have the long sustain of your Yamaha P-105. The CDP's reverb compensates for that somewhat because the length of the reverb is more adjustable than any of the PX's. Another reason I like the CDP-120.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I do like your playing. I think it`d sound good anyway . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by peterws
I do like your playing. I think it`d sound good anyway . . .

Thanks Peter! A nice instrument does inspire us though, helps bring out the best we're capable of.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission