2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (accordeur, Carey, AlkansBookcase, brdwyguy, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, bcalvanese, 6 invisible), 1,891 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
OP Offline
M
Hi

Just wondering what anybody's take is on the new updates for Galaxy 2 and Vintage D Libraries, assuming you've installed them? I did so recently and was well disappointed, i ended up deleting the updates and having to make a fresh DVD install of both my original boxed G2 and Vintage D libraries. The original G2 and Vintage D Library samples IMO are absolutely perfect in every way giving true authenticity in all areas of how these 4 pianos should accurately sound, especially the Vintage D, what a diamond. Whereas i thought the updates lacked this authenticity not sounding as original.

Thought updates are meant to be an improvement ? sometimes they can be a disappointment, ovcourse just my opinion, it will be controversial.

Last edited by musicmad; 12/12/12 09:34 AM.

Without music life would be a mistake.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
What was the problem?

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
New updates? What new updates? I'm running Vintage D ver. 1.2. I just checked using Native Instruments Service Centre, and 1.2 is the latest version. I have had it installed for a long time. So, there is no new version, apparently.

BTW, ver. 1.2 gives you the option of loading the old version, which included Warp.

G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
Hmmm. I didn't realized Vintage D had been updated past 1.2. Their update procedure is pretty rickety. Perhaps the update didn't work well? I'll try it out as soon as I can and see what the deal is.

[edit] Just saw MelodialworksMusic's post. If by updates you are referring to 1.2 on Vintage D, then I guess I haven't had the same experience as you. The update works at least as well as the 1.1.1 did for me.

Last edited by gvfarns; 12/12/12 11:39 AM.
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by gvfarns
Their update procedure is pretty rickety.

Whilst in the past I agree that the Service Centre was buggy, I have found it to be rock solid for sometime.

I also agree, no issues with 1.2 as far as I know.

1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
I have to open up Service Center as a different user to get it to work. It's been this way from day one. I heard about this at blog at NI site cause other people had/have same issue. Luckily I don't use it very much ):

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP
https://soundcloud.com/pete36251
M
OP Offline
M
awwww noooo head banger!!! I've just realized what I've done whilst reading your post Melodialworks Music. I've gone in to Service Center and updated both the G2 and Vintage D Libraries using v 1.1 thinking this was a new upgrade from both the G2 and Vintage D boxed versions which i already have installed. I'm assuming this is correct according to your quote?

New updates? What new updates? I'm running Vintage D ver. 1.2. I just checked using Native Instruments Service Centre, and 1.2 is the latest version. I have had it installed for a long time. So, there is no new version, apparently.

BTW, ver. 1.2 gives you the option of loading the old version, which included Warp.

I've made this mistake simply by not knowing what version of G2 and Vintage D i had installed in the first place, because after searching for this info everywhere i couldn't find it.

Technically what I've done is gone from the original boxed version 1.2 down to 1.1 and then back to 1.2 again, Head Banger!

Am i right ?

Last edited by musicmad; 12/13/12 01:52 PM.

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
To determine which version you have installed:

For Vintage D, click on the Galaxy Vintage D logo located at the bottom left corner of the control panel - the bottom of the column where the tone controls are located. This will bring up an information panel. On the bottom right hand corner of this panel, it will give the version number.

As far as I can determine ver. 1.2 is the latest version for the Vintage D.

I can't say if the procedure is similar for Galaxy II pianos, since I don't presently have them installed.

Hope this helps.

Lawrence

M
OP Offline
M
Melodialworks Music To determine which version you have installed:

For Vintage D, click on the Galaxy Vintage D logo located at the bottom left corner of the control panel - the bottom of the column where the tone controls are located. This will bring up an information panel. On the bottom right hand corner of this panel, it will give the version number.

As far as I can determine ver. 1.2 is the latest version for the Vintage D.

I can't say if the procedure is similar for Galaxy II pianos, since I don't presently have them installed.

Hope this helps.

Lawrence

Complied with what you said, when clicking on Vintage D icon at bottom of control panel, all that shows is info regarding the pianos recording and manufacturer etc. Instead i clicked the blue and white NI icon at top right of interface bringing up a red window providing info regarding K4, License Type, Processor, Serial Nr. included in this came Library Version (Unknown) and Import Version 2.0.0.29. Not sure but could the import version be referring to Vintage D ? as it seems thats all there is.

Last edited by musicmad; 12/13/12 06:21 PM.

Try this:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
Try this:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yes, MacMacMac has presented visually, what I had presented in text. Bravo! (Of course anyone reading this thread would wonder why the version number is not presented on the first control panel, perhaps right under the Galaxy Vintage D logo. (In fact, I wonder how many would realize that clicking on the logo brings up the Instrument/Studio/Recording screen?)

G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
Cool. I'm not sure I have ever been to that screen before. Tricky UI designers!

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks MacMacMac for the visual, but still there is no version that shows up in that bottom right corner of the instrument display window.

The version is not written on the box, DVD disc, and i can't find it anywhere in K4. I'm running out of options as to how to find what version of the Vintage D i have installed.

What does your popup window look like?

BTW, the people at the Northern Instruments forum might have more information.

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks Mac, I've added a post to native Instruments hopefully I'll get an answer ?

Thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission