2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (36251, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 1957, beeboss, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, 10 invisible), 1,430 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
OP Offline
G
Click below to view:
http://youtu.be/L7F9Um3UnQo

Yamaha
C1x, C2x, C3x, C5x, C6x, C7x

Enjoy,

Jeff Tasch

Grand Piano Haus

We proudly represent: Yamaha pianos (including: Clavinova, AvantGrand, SilentPiano, Enspire, P/DGX-Digitals, Arius), Bösendorfer, Schimmel
Kayserburg, Ritmüller, Pearl River pianos. Retrofit Interactive Silent Systems by: adsilent and Kioshi
http://www.GrandPianoHaus.com
M

Bronze Supporter until Jan 01 2013

Bronze Supporter until Jan 01 2013
M
To quote the video at 1 minute 54 seconds:
"what we have here is the same design as the CF series..."
Oh brilliant.

Also, the model naming of "C1X" makes it less comprehensible than, perhaps, a name like "CX1".

So, just from Yamaha's website, their current model lines for grand pianos are:
CF (including DCFX, and such inconsistent names as CF4, CF6, CFIII, and CFX (two with arabic numerals and two with roman numerals, really??))
C series (C1 through C2, thankfully with these simple and consistent names)
S series (S4BB and S6BB).
G series (including the following lines: GA, GB, GC, and GH)
CX series (which is actually C1X through C7X).

And that is just within the Yamaha brand. I will not start with the Bosendorfer and Cable-Nelson which are included on Yamaha's website

So are these CX's actually just the C's version 2.0?

At least Kawai is a bit more clear, and it lists all its current models at the bottom of its website in one convenient place.

If I ever start a piano company, the pianos will have 4 sizes: compact, medium, large, and concert. Any employee who suggests "movie theater popcorn"-type naming of Large, XLarge, XXLarge, and MegaLarge will be immediately fired.

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Grand Piano Haus
Click below to view:
http://youtu.be/L7F9Um3UnQo

Yamaha
C1x, C2x, C3x, C5x, C6x, C7x

Actually there are named C1X, C2X, C3X, C5X, C6X, C7X.

Listening to the sound on the demo, when he wasn't yammering, was interesting. A big feature of the CX series is the resonance and sustain, which wasn't effectively demonstrated with the selected repertoire.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
that's one nice sounding 6' piano.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Jeff, why do I get the feeling this thread is advertising? Someone convince me this thead is not advertising.

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rickster
Jeff, why do I get the feeling this thread is advertising? Someone convince me this thead is not advertising.

Rick

rick, IMHO the video is an ad but given the interest expressed here in the new yamaha line it's a quality recording that at least gives some inclination as to how the 6 footer sounds. i just wish the video contained examples of different pieces played on the differently sized pianos.

F
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
F

Amateur Pianist and raconteur.
M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Nice video...if the mods are upset over any type of advertising maybe you should have a dealer forum area and let them go nuts. smile

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022
Originally Posted by Entheo
i just wish the video contained examples of different pieces played on the differently sized pianos.

A missed "opportunity" indeed. Too bad.

Loved the sound of the Mozart, however.

Last edited by carey; 12/12/12 02:03 PM.

Mason and Hamlin BB - 91640
Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
Korg SP-100 Stage Piano
YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/pianophilo
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rickster

Rick

Yes, actually that was my thought, an advertising. Yes, my C3X sounds like that, though as Lawrence said, it does not demostrate the sustain and resonance of the C3X. The tone is essentially correct through this high quality video (@ >720p), though mine has a slightly darker and richer intonation. I think for someone who is interested in what a Yamaha C3X sounds like, this is still a useful thread, if the sales guy would only not talk so much.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Maxtor
Oh brilliant.

Also, the model naming of "C1X" makes it less comprehensible than, perhaps, a name like "CX1".

Yes, the design is the same, but the quality is clearly not the same. The CF series is much better. Still, I think they managed to capture a lot of the benefit of the CF series. So much so that everyone I spoke with who has tried the hand-made S series and CX series side by side thinks the CX series is better. The build quality of the S series is still better but it doesn't sound better than the CX.

They don't name it CX1 because it is really a C-series. Previous ones were C1 M, and before that was C1 L. Now it's C1 X. My C3X plate says C3, with the serial number X 6300000. When all the CM series are sold, then the only C-series you can buy new is the CX.

This also makes the CM series a really great deal right now. I almost bought a C3M Silent for $2,000 less than my C3X. Yeah the C3X does sound that much better though, so it was a tough choice, since that silent feature could come in handy some times.

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
I do not believe that anyone would need convincing that this is blatant advertising. It is produced by the Yamaha Corporation. The spoken text is almost entirely emotive, persuasive lsnguage. The advertising pitch here is to promote the "European" qualities of this range of pianos.

Kind regards,
Robert.

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Yup, GandPiano Haus, you need to learn to do your advertising like Cunningham and slide it just below radar. There are ways.

Laugh More
Yamaha G7 - Roland FP7 - Roland FP80
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
B
B
Oh brilliant.

CF (including DCFX, and such inconsistent names as CF4, CF6, CFIII, and CFX (two with arabic numerals and two with roman numerals, really??))

And that is just within the Yamaha brand. I will not start with the Bosendorfer and Cable-Nelson which are included on Yamaha's website

At least Kawai is a bit more clear, and it lists all its current models at the bottom of its website in one convenient place.

If I ever start a piano company, the pianos will have 4 sizes: compact, medium, large, and concert. Any employee who suggests "movie theater popcorn"-type naming of Large, XLarge, XXLarge, and MegaLarge will be immediately fired.

Could anybody comment on the above post and tell us all what the Yamaha grand piano lines will be when all "old stock" is sold out?

Current: Yamaha Clavinova
Sold: Yamaha M5J Walnut
Playing ability: Absolute Beginner(s)
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by boyonahill
Oh brilliant.

Could anybody comment on the above post and tell us all what the Yamaha grand piano lines will be when all "old stock" is sold out?

Hi boyanahill

Here's a list of Yamaha's current grand models, excluding Silent and Disklavier, for the sake of brevity, grin

GB1K 5'
GC1M 5'3"
GC2M 5'8"
C1X 5'3"
C2X 5'8"
C3ST 6'1"(C3 Studio model, cheaper case, plastic sharps)
C3X 6'1"
C5X 6'7"
C6X 7'
C7X 7'6"
S4(BB but not shown as BB in new brochure)
S6 (BB but not shown as BB in new brochure)
CF4 6'3"
CF6 7'
CFX 9'

To indicate a change in scale design, components and/or cabinet style, (sometimes minor, sometimes major) Yamaha have been using a suffix on their Conservatory models for decades, using C3 as an example and in chronological order: C3B, C3D, C3E, C3F, C3L, C3 (no suffix and don't ask me why), C3M (up until end 2012) and now C3X. Unfortunately for all of us, Yamaha didn't always show the suffix on the iron frame alongside the model and serial number, so after the C3F there was no suffix on the frame until the introduction of the C3X.

Yamaha's new brochure shows the GB1K, C6X and CF6 an inch longer than previously - but they aren't longer, Yamaha have simply 'rounded up' the centimetres to the next inch.

Dealers may well have stock of the CM, CFIIIS and the limited edition CXA models for some time, but they're discontinued lines.

Now, who'd like to know about the upright lines? grin

Last edited by ChrisVenables; 01/08/13 01:06 PM. Reason: to include boyanahills' post

Chris Venables
Venables Pianos
Yamaha Pianos, Petrof Pianos and Venables & Son
UK Grand Piano Centre.
S
S
I am sensitive to the advertising issues raised here. However, when a major manufacturer comes out with a significant new line of instruments it is news. And while to format was promotional, I don't think it crosses the line.

Piano Industry Consultant

Co-author (with Larry Fine) of Practical Piano Valuation
www.jasonsmc@msn.com

Contributing Editor & Consultant - Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyer

Retired owned of Jasons Music Center
Maryland/DC/No. VA
Family Owned and Operated Since 1937.

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Don't mind getting a little news, even if it is in a commercial. Keeps me up to date.

B
B
Thank you Chris! thumb

Let me add some list price in SEK

--------------------------
Here's a list of Yamaha's current (2013-01-08) grand models, excluding Silent and Disklavier, for the sake of brevity, grin

Prices in SEK, from www.yamaha.se (I don't know if the 25% VAT is included)

GB1K 5'
GC1M 5'3" 140 000 SEK (price for GC1)
GC2M 5'8" 154 000 SEK (price for GC2)
C1X 5'3" 174 000 SEK
C2X 5'8" 184 0000 SEK
C3ST 6'1"(C3 Studio model, cheaper case, plastic sharps)
C3X 6'1" 225 000SEK
C5X 6'7" 255 000SEK
C6X 7' 285 000SEK
C7X 7'6" 330 000SEK
S4(BB but not shown as BB in new brochure) N/A SEK
S6 (BB but not shown as BB in new brochure) N/A SEK
CF4 6'3" 799 000 SEK
CF6 7' 899 000 SEK
CFX 9' 1 450 000 SEK

To indicate a change in scale design, components and/or cabinet style, (sometimes minor, sometimes major) Yamaha have been using a suffix on their Conservatory models for decades, using C3 as an example and in chronological order: C3B, C3D, C3E, C3F, C3L, C3 (no suffix and don't ask me why), C3M (up until end 2012) and now C3X. Unfortunately for all of us, Yamaha didn't always show the suffix on the iron frame alongside the model and serial number, so after the C3F there was no suffix on the frame until the introduction of the C3X.

-------------------------------

One funny thought: Since house prices here haven't fallen in the SEK currency area, only risen, most boomers could buy one of the worlds best grand pianos, CFX, by increasing the mortage on their house. (The Swedish krona was the 9th most traded currency in the world by value in April 2010.) If this is a proof of how crazy house prices are here (still), or a proof of Yamaha having low prices, is up to you.

Interesting to see that the numbers on the Yamaha grand pianos are as decoupled from "reality" as BMW:s nameplates of late. Initially I thought "Cool, the CFX is ten feet!"!

Current: Yamaha Clavinova
Sold: Yamaha M5J Walnut
Playing ability: Absolute Beginner(s)
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
by my math the C7X translates to $50k USD, which seems quite a low retail price (piano buyer lists a new C7 here in the states at $65K MSRP)

T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
I admire Ms. Grigoryan's self-control for not telling that Yamaha guy to shut up while she's playing her heart out!

Robert Swirsky
Thrill Science, Inc.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,193
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission