2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, brennbaer, accordeur, antune, anotherscott, 9 invisible), 1,706 guests, and 311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
L
Cross posting from the Digital Piano Forum:
It seems I have seen this unit discussed at length on the Forum. Does anyone here have one that might be for sale?

(No! Not because it is broken!) Perhaps because you purchased it and then decided you needed higher quality. Or you thought it was going to be amazing, and it is not. Or perhaps the microphone(s) do not provide enough isolation. Upgrading to something else?

I need one that is in very good condition, and complete, with USB cables, software, etc. PM or post here.

Thanks,
Ed

In music, everything one does correctly helps everything else.
L
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
L
Anyone? No one??

B

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014
1000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014
1000 Post Club Member
B
you posted this morning - give it some time.

Also, I hope you didn't waste your grand 1000th post on that wink

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I've got just what you need. Make me giggle!

Actually, I love my Zoom but I simply cannot read the "time remaining" on the bottom of the screen as it is just too small.
Come to think of it, I have trouble reading anything on my Zoom H2 due to the tiny font size.

I've heard (possibly total B.S) that the Zoom H2 records better (more sensitivity) than the H4 due to the lack of speakers that take up space in the unit possibly blocking some sounds. This is why the new units have their condenser mics positioned the way they are now without anything blocking the sound.

I shouldn't start an unsupported claim like this but I've heard this a few times plus read it on the internet and possibly a few restroom walls. In any event, the original H2 IS a great unit. Just not for tired eyes.

D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
I’d recommend splashing out and buying new. It’s such a popular item that a second-hand one is likely to command a price close to retail anyway.

Btw, it comes without a USB cable but it’s a standard USB to mini-B connector, very common and dirt cheap online – you might already have one.

Perhaps you’ll get a flood of offers after I post this. Good luck!

L
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by Bobpickle
. . . I hope you didn't waste your grand 1000th post on that

Hey Bob,

I am hoping the moderators "take back" several hundred of my most inane posts, and give me a fresh start. Thanks for the BLUMP!

Ed

L
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
L
Soooo --- Mr. Super --- Are you fed-up enough with this child-like display to dump this thing in my lap for a song (it's Christmas, after all . . .)? OR, was your post a recommendation AND a warning? Because my eyes are very tired also, but how would you know that? (Maybe all my typos give it away?)

Send me a little PM if you have something else you want to try, and want (not too much) cash for yours.

Thanks,
Ed

L
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
L
Hi Tonic,

I am certain your advice about simply getting a brand new unit is best, but this will be for one of the kids, and I am (frankly) hoping to steal one. I also appreciate your correction about the USB cable. That could be enbarassing if I go into a store and start insisting there should be one in the new box!

Ed

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by LoPresti
Soooo --- Mr. Super --- Are you fed-up enough with this child-like display to dump this thing in my lap for a song (it's Christmas, after all . . .)? OR, was your post a recommendation AND a warning? Because my eyes are very tired also, but how would you know that? (Maybe all my typos give it away?)

Send me a little PM if you have something else you want to try, and want (not too much) cash for yours.

Thanks,
Ed

As much as I'd like to sell my H2 due to the tiny font size, I don't know what I would replace it with. Even the brand new models still seem to have very small font size plus the Zoom has a line level input. If you know what you are doing, the line level input on the Zoom can easily become your best friend!

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,244
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission