2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
24 members (johnesp, clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., Joseph Fleetwood, David B, 8 invisible), 1,265 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
OP Offline
M
Hello everyone!

I want to buy my first digital Piano. I play for 10 years and i ve got an advanced level. I play mostly moovies music but also some classic music. I whish i could buy a Piano that i can transport easily.
I won't be able to test all the different digital pianos on the market, so i m looking for advice!
I ve got a 700 euros budget approximatively. ( +/- 100 euros )
I'm aware that with such a budget i won't be able to have a piano with an amazing sound + touch, but it's better than nothing!
I ve heard about the P105 and Casio PX 150.
Which one do you think would better suit my needs?
Is there any other model i should consider in that category?

Thanks in advance smile

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
There are advantages to each and both are nearly everywhere. Unless there is a specific feature you need that excludes one of them, the only way to decide is to play them both.

It's lower specs but still a competent piano sound and good action if you consider the Yamaha P35B. It's certainly affordable.

The new category killer is the PX-350. If you can reach to that, I think you would be very happy.

Sam Bennett
PianoWorks - Atlanta Piano Dealer
Bösendorfer, Estonia, Seiler, Grotrian, Hailun
Pre-Owned: Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway & other fine pianos
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
www.youtube.com/PianoWorksAtlanta
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
I've played the P105 but not the PX150. Based on the reviews though, and since you have been playing for a while, the key action on the PX150 might be better for you. The P105 action is very 'springy' and doesn't feel like a hammer type action (though it is). The difficulty though is I think the PX150 has less voices, accompaniment features and rhythms and so on then the P105. So you have to decide key touch over bells and whistles. Or as Sam says reach for the PX350.

B
B
Definitely the Casio Privia PX-350 ( if you can find one in stock) or the PX-330 ( you will have money left over for other things and although it has been replaced by the PX-350 its still a cracking instrument )
You will not find another comparable instrument even by adding a further 700 euros !

Last edited by Bigmark; 12/07/12 07:50 AM.
D
D7K Offline
D
I must admit that this is my very first instrument of any kind. But I did a lot of research and visited several show rooms and listend carefully to both the P105 and PX-150. The yamaha just felt better and was finished a little better. Plus It had several things that made it seem a little better if you play alone, and it sounded a lot better to me when using the speakers on both boards.

I've since hooked it up to a yamaha set of speakers and subwolfer and it sounds amazing (these speakers were about $100). Through my Bose system it sounds incredible (included songs that is, not anything I can play).

The one place where I thought the p105 really was ahead was the piano1 - that is the CF voice. I think I would have been happy with either for what I could spend, but I just preferred the Yamaha.

I don't know if you have the same promotions as we're getting here in the states, but I got a bundle that effectively brought the p105 down to about $500. Keep within your budget and enjoy what you choose, Sometimes you just have to love the one your with (or can afford).

Jeff
Casio PX-5S Pro - my new adventure
Yamaha p105 - gone but not forgotten

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission